Sign in to follow this  
january

Question for Phil, or anyone "in the know"

Guest Custer

Hi there. I love to fly the Beaver in FSX. In fact I find all the default aircrafts be be very well done. The Beaver is my favorite though. Who made it? It would be fantastic is a wheeled version of it would be made available (even as a paying addon).Thanks. Gianluca

Guest Lith1um

Yeah, there's nothing finer than a nice trimmed up beaver. It's just a joy to be at the controls of such a fine machine. Ahh, I can still remember my first experience with a beaver. I can still see her there in the morning light, with the dew dropping off of her. I can still remember the feeling of anticipation as I made my way down the valley towards the landing strip.Reminds me of the "Leave it to Beaver" episode where June say's, "Ward, weren't you a little hard on the beaver last night?". I didn't even know Ward had a pilot's license.

>Reminds me of the "Leave it to Beaver" episode where June >say's, "Ward, weren't you a little hard on the beaver last night?". >I didn't even know Ward had a pilot's license. I don't think she was talking about her son.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest tmilton

>Yeah, there's nothing finer than a nice trimmed up beaver. >>It's just a joy to be at the controls of such a fine machine.>Ahh, I can still remember my first experience with a beaver. I>can still see her there in the morning light, with the dew>dropping off of her. I can still remember the feeling of>anticipation as I made my way down the valley towards the>landing strip.>>Reminds me of the "Leave it to Beaver" episode where June>say's, "Ward, weren't you a little hard on the beaver last>night?". >>I didn't even know Ward had a pilot's license. :D Careful with the metaphors. :( Metaphors? What metaphors? :-bigangel

Guest slydon

Yes I wish the beaver had wheels too. I don't know anything about the real plane but isn't there a model with floats AND wheels?Don

Yes Aerosoft Beaver X best package around, best virtual cocpit ive seein will post some pics. Has, wheels, standard and tundra, skis floats, wheel/float combo, lost of liveries, 40 in total i think, only virtual cockpit no 2d but its all u need in this package.beaver3.jpgbeavr4.jpgbeaver2.jpgbeaver1.jpg

Guest jshyluk

The original Beaver was made by the DeHavilland (Canada) corporation. After WWII, there was a strong need for "bush"-type aircraft tro service remote areas. DeHavilland took to naming their early STOL aircraft after rodents. The larger the airplane, the larger the rodent: chipmunk, beaver, otter. Caribou, Buffalo, and Twin Otter followed, great Canadian rugged furry animals.DeHavilland was bought out by Boeing, and then sold by them to Bombardier. The licence to actually build DH-2 Beavers kind of expired with the sale to Bombardier. An airline in Seattle called Kenmore Air rebuilds Beavers basically from scratch, including brand-new zero-mileage engines. It's about as close to building a new DH 2 as you can get without actually building a new aircraft. I hear that actor/pilot Harrison Ford is one of Kenmore's biggest fans, and that he wrote the introduction to the Kenmore Air history book. Rumour has it that Bombardier is close to reviving the licence to build new DH-2's. As trivia, Kenmore is the first passenger airline to be featured in a livery within MSFS. Please read my review on the Aerosoft Beaver, and follow the link at the bottom of the review to Kenmore Air's excellent website:http://www.avsim.com/pages/0507/BeaverX/BeaverX.htmJeff ShylukSenior Staff Reviewer, AVSIM

Guest Custer

While the Aerosoft Beaver is certainly a nice addon, I really prefer the clean look of the VC in the default aircraft (i.e. without the dash-mounted GPS). I may still get the Aerosoft plane just because it seems to be the only option in order to have a wheeled Beaver. However I would try to substitute the VC panel with the default one. Do you think that would be possible?Gianluca

Guest slydon

Why can't someone who is knowledgeable in programing make an update (ie struts and wheels) for the default beaver? I have no idea if that is possible or not. Probably a dumb idea!Don

>Why can't someone who is knowledgeable in programing make an>update (ie struts and wheels) for the default beaver? I have>no idea if that is possible or not. Probably a dumb idea!Without the source model code it simply cannot be done...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>>Yeah, there's nothing finer than a nice trimmed up beaver. >>>>It's just a joy to be at the controls of such a fine>machine.>>Ahh, I can still remember my first experience with a beaver.>I>>can still see her there in the morning light, with the dew>>dropping off of her. I can still remember the feeling of>>anticipation as I made my way down the valley towards the>>landing strip.>>>>Reminds me of the "Leave it to Beaver" episode where June>>say's, "Ward, weren't you a little hard on the beaver last>>night?". >>>>I didn't even know Ward had a pilot's license. >>>:D Careful with the metaphors. :( Metaphors? What metaphors?>:-bigangel ROFL! thinking the same thing!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Jeff- it's my understanding that Viking Aviation here at CYYJ- Victoria,BC has purchased legacy rights to all DeHaviland Canada designs from Bombardier. I believe the Otter is currently being put back into production. Not sure whether single or twin. Have heard nothing re Beaver.Anyone with further info on this?Alex Reid CYYJ