Sign in to follow this  
Malaromane

X-Plane 12.0.8b1 is available

9 hours ago, turbomax said:

and here I was thinking this forum is devoted to x-plane instead of the old OS war debate again. can you please discuss that elsewhere, this is not the place.

sure, just don't be "that guy"

"That time a customer reported an error in the map used by Flight Simulator"

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/20170418-00/?p=95985

and also.

get these "stupid" texture bugs reported, rather than just diy fixing them.

XP10 to 11 built up maybe 50 "diy fixes" because org mods/leaders kept saying LR wouldnt fix them. Then when Ben found out about them had something of a rage rant because the reason they hadnt been fixed was because no one at LR knew about them.

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 2

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

"That time a customer reported an error in the map used by Flight Simulator"

Ha ha, that's crazy :biggrin:

Reminds me of a time a customer was arguing with me over the colour of a small lake in one of my sceneries and wanted a refund unless I changed it. We found the website for the lake/park and it showed the colour was actually correct (As correct as it could be since the water was reflecting the sky as well)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mSparks said:

And you left out that super important bit of info why? just to waste my time making a video, instead of telling you to copy the _LIT files from the default objects folder to fix it + file a bug so someone else doesn't have to.

Why should user copy LIT file? 
The @turbomax user's liveries are all default, I have the same folders as him in my XP12, the "Fuselage_LIT" files are already included in each folder/livery.

c172sp_directorydqcaz.jpg

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

9 minutes ago, efis007 said:

I have the same folders as him in my XP12, the "Fuselage_LIT" files are already included in each folder/livery.

and do you see the same light reflection anomalies?

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

5 minutes ago, efis007 said:

I have the same folders as him in my XP12, the "Fuselage_LIT" files are already included in each folder/livery.

The _lit files in the livery folder haven't been updated for the new lighting, that is the bug.

The "DIY" fix is to grab the updated _lit files (a black texture with a couple of lights) from the objects folder and replace the old ones in the livery folders with it.

_lit files are "lighting textures", they define how a surface "glows" when it is given power.

Who knows, that could also be a bug in XP11, and no one has noticed it before, or noticed but not reported it before, or reported it but then LR did exactly what I did and say "meh, no idea what you are talking about".

^ limiting this is the #1 benefit of an open issues database

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

Ha ha, that's crazy :biggrin:

Reminds me of a time a customer was arguing with me over the colour of a small lake in one of my sceneries and wanted a refund unless I changed it. We found the website for the lake/park and it showed the colour was actually correct (As correct as it could be since the water was reflecting the sky as well)

virtually every. single. issue. that has broke my balls in the last 3 or 4 years has been "windows being windows".

Can't fork a process - windows has no support for fork

"module not found" - which module? dunno, windows wont say,

text full of ????? - yeah, windows still cant handle text yet, add an extra 100,000 lines of code to your project to work around all the edge cases where the windows API is still 8 bit and maybe you can show "hello world" in 3 more languages.

closing powerpoint crashes your computer? - nah, its not crashed, windows just thought closing powerpoint was you asking it to disable all your displays.

And,

by far my favourite to date.

Wife with new windows laptop: The windows key doesn't work

Me: googles "windows key not working"

Internet: to fix your windows key not working, press windows + R to open a command prompt....

OMFG

Yes, I would much rather be spending my time exploring the length and breadth of X-Plane than dealing with that UTTER insanity.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

9 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Internet: to fix your windows key not working, press windows + R to open a command prompt....

Yeah, like the classic "No keyboard found, press any key to continue" :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Can't fork a process - windows has no support for fork

"module not found" - which module? dunno, windows wont say,

text full of ????? - yeah, windows still cant handle text yet, add an extra 100,000 lines of code to your project to work around all the edge cases where the windows API is still 8 bit and maybe you can show "hello world" in 3 more languages.

closing powerpoint crashes your computer? - nah, its not crashed, windows just thought closing powerpoint was you asking it to disable all your displays.

wrong forum.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

1 hour ago, turbomax said:

and do you see the same light reflection anomalies?

Negative, I have no anomalies.
But I read mSpark's response and I understand that the anomaly only exists in new version 12.0.8b1.
That's why I don't see it, I haven't updated my XP12 yet.

• Like 1

* XP11 atmoXphere * (
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A

Just now, efis007 said:

I haven't updated my XP12 yet.

"x-plane-1208b1-is-available" isn't that what this thread is all about?

very nice.

Sorry, I responded hastily, the bug also exists in the previous version, I saw it when changing the livery.

swQf7gd.jpg

• Like 1

* XP11 atmoXphere * (
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A

thanks mSparks. with your input I now fixed this for LR instead of flying the last hour, and as we hear from EFIS007,  this is not a new beta bug but has been like that ever since XP12 is "in full sale now".

there are 2 different .LIT files, wings_LIT.dds  and fuselage_LIT.dds

the precise instruction is:

copy/overwrite both files:

from 

\X-Plane 12\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172 SP\objects

into these 5 directories:

\X-Plane 12\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172 SP\liveries\waves\objects

\X-Plane 12\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172 SP\liveries\scratches\objects

\X-Plane 12\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172 SP\liveries\old_style\objects

\X-Plane 12\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172 SP\liveries\full_white\objects

\X-Plane 12\Aircraft\Laminar Research\Cessna 172 SP\liveries\xplane10\objects

Edited by turbomax
  • Upvote 1

very nice.

On 11/8/2023 at 10:46 PM, mjrhealth said:

What, dont you want any??

Well, Austin gives (new features) and Austin takes (aka bugs)...

(And it's a reference to the "Sigh. [Unzips]" meme. Google it at own risk.)

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

7 hours ago, turbomax said:

I now fixed this for LR

You fixed it for you 😛

I would beg please bug report it as "C172 livery lighting broken (including fix)", those files you overrwrote haven't changed since at least Aug 2017, so this bug has existed for > 7 years... it was fixed for XP12, but only for the default livery.

Whoever did that fix was probably using an OS that doesn't support images. Otherwise it would have been obvious.

s5BgnR1.png

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

37 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Whoever did that fix was probably using an OS that doesn't support images.

must be Windows then, as always. 😀

litcomparisonvqeyf.png

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

very nice.