Sign in to follow this  
jwhak

MSFS 2020 Payware Planes & MSFS 2024

Since I have heard of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 coming out I have been holding off on payware although I have bought a couple of planes. 

I thought I read somewhere that MSFS 2020 planes will be compatible with MSFS 2024 could someone confirm this information.  If so I will continue buying payware planes till then. Also what scares me is good payware planes are just now starting to roll out for MSFS 2020.

Happy Landings

They will be compatible. Probably with such an update that needs to be applied by a developer after any number of sim updates to 2020.

You need not worry as far as I know.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Also keep in mind they've said they'll keep supporting v2020 for "at least a handful of years" after v2024 releases (see interview below). So you can still continue to use your favorite aircraft in v2020 if they don't work in v2024 during the initial days.

But current aircraft should require little to no changes to work in the new sim as that's Asobo's aim for transitioning all add-ons.. of course to take advantage of new core sim features aircraft devs would want to update (i.e. the new aerodynamics engine feature that allows for more precise aircraft geometry definitions, etc).

One of the interviews where they talk about v2020 long term support, add-ons compatibility, etc and various other topics around v2024: https://www.helisimmer.com/interview/msfs-2024-helicopters-future-msfs-2020

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Asobo said most addons should be compatible with 2024.

Obviously they can't promise every addon will work.

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Asobo said most addons should be compatible with 2024.

Obviously they can't promise every addon will work.

If Asobo knows, that most addons work, they should know why they work and why some addons do not work. If they do not now, why some work and some not, they know nothing and they cannot even promise that most addons work :-)

I wouldn't expect add-on compatibility problems between 2020 and 2024, since to me so far I haven't noticed any major differences between the current 2020 and the new 2024 coming out next year.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 hours ago, edpatino said:

I wouldn't expect add-on compatibility problems between 2020 and 2024, since to me so far I haven't noticed any major differences between the current 2020 and the new 2024 coming out next year.

Did you allready have the privilege to test FS2024? Or do you own one of these Delorean cars?

• Like 1

I really do hope the planes transfer over cause aftermarket planes are just starting to come out about now 😳

Thanks for the vid LWT1971.   I just hope the rug don't get pulled from underneath us.

Cheers & Happy Landings

• Like 1

Guys, don't worry about this. Microsoft and Asobo are not going to prevent your addons from being compatible. It would be a massive piece of self harm if they want to sell copies of 2024. There will likely be a needed tweak by the developers just as there is after most updates but they will work.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

10 minutes ago, Jazz said:

It would be a massive piece of self harm if they want to sell copies of 2024.

This.

8 hours ago, PTI139 said:

If Asobo knows, that most addons work, they should know why they work and why some addons do not work. If they do not now, why some work and some not, they know nothing and they cannot even promise that most addons work 🙂

Well it's impossible for them to test the thousands of addons out there, which is why they can't promise all addons will work.

18 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well it's impossible for them to test the thousands of addons out there, which is why they can't promise all addons will work.

Yes, let us be optimistic 🙂

• Like 1