Sign in to follow this  
Manny

PMDG 747-400X update available

Great support for a wonderful product :--)Here is the link to PMDG's announcement:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=139380&page=Regards,David

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Marlin Manhiem

I have a quick question about the PMDG 747. How does it compair, frame rates wise, to the Ifly 747 FSX model?Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.

>I have a quick question about the PMDG 747. How does it>compair, frame rates wise, to the Ifly 747 FSX model?>>Thanks in advance and have a great weekend.I was wondering that myself. The Ifly runs pretty decent on my box.I'll wait for the 737 though.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Frame wise, its not too bad.. Its actually pretty good.The only issue I think we may have is..running out of the 32Bit memory address when you have too many addons along witth the PMDG 747. If you have your Windows task manager and you see the memory go up...to 1.95. At that time you it would crash with memory out error.. if you have too many stuff open.I have not tried with Active sky and Radar Contact open along with flying the 747 in a complex airport addon yet.When I ran into the memory issue, I run FSautostart to remove all ht unnecessary service programs and then I start FSX clean and load the 747 once. If you keep changing the liveries while you are sitting in the tarmac by loading aircraft of different liveries one after the another.. you would see the memory consumption increase.. so load the livery you want once. and fly from the VC. I flew from London Gatwick to EHAM and no crash. Everything was OK.But when I flew from KPSP to KLAX with my megascenery so cal and Gottfireld's LAX Downtown scenery and I changed the aircraft livery while I was sitting in the tarmac, It crashed as I was about to land. MAnny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter