Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Features (lots of them( in Windows 11 update Nov 14

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, Fielder said:

Not sure about anyone else but I've yet to see copilot or Bing AI actually be helpful.

It reminds me of all the AI generated noise out there on the web that is just trying to get click-revenue.

I don't want you to guess at what I am looking for - I want you to search for the exact string I'm typing - and show me the files that match that exact string. Again, maybe it's just me - but simple things like finding an application that you installed less than 30 minutes ago in Windows now seems to be 300% harder than it was ten years ago.

I like free updates and innovation, but it seems like a cycle: MORE IS BETTER! Windows VISTA!! CLIPPY!! MORE AI!!! Followed by - oops, we forgot, less is actually more.

But the AI knows what you really need to see instead. Not how to warm up cat food, but videos of cats meowing about climate change.

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 11/17/2023 at 2:26 AM, Fielder said:

But the AI knows what you really need to see instead.

I don't want AI knows what I need, I only need a machine doing things in a way I know how it works.

As my instructor says: If my airplane is smarter than me, It'll kill me.

• Like 1

Junk, mountains of junk features. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB