Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

with good manners

Dear Nico,
Closing a thread and leaving one of your users with the word on their lips is not very kind, but nowadays, I understand people's agitation is the face of desperate events.

Your answer to me was this:
Maybe you have not noticed that, but in PSXT your will see the ( out of n ) line in the right corner, the n is the number of aircraft, within your range, that you otherwise would have seen in the RT radar screen. A lot easier.

and my answer is that the user is the one who decides whether or not he wants to use the radarscreen, only because he chose and paid realtraffic. In my case and in that of many, we are not content with having the "Number of aircraft within my range". We want to see it on the radar and enjoy it, even if it is not comfortable for you.

That you have decided to remove it is something that, of course, you can do because you are the creator. But whether that is fair is another thing.

It is not.

You depend on Realtraffic to make your software work, and we users pay realtraffic.
Balthasar, less cynical and more educated than you, replied that he regrets what happened and encouraged me to write to you again.

Now, if you wish, you can close the thread. Or he lets people respond and talk, since we are all equally free to do so.

Dear Nico,
I remember that on one occasion you answered me brusquely, saying that i was the only user who cared about the planes being at the destination when they arrived, located at the same gates as reality.
Now I like Learner a lot. Many people is using it.

That how we make a team.

Edited by abranpuko
  • Like 1

I closed the thread because further discussion would not make sense..

I have not removed the use of the RT Radar Screen, you can stiil use it if you use PSXTraffic. 

In this "beta" period of PSXT,  PSXT+PSXTraffic will be both available in my software package. If the bugs are washed out and PSXT is stable, I will split them in two separate packages.

Then it will depend on how many users still go for PSXTraffic how to continue. For some of you (I know of two at the moment) running two or more Simulators at the same time, PSXT is not an option. I have to make a solution for them too. 

Btw: "Balthasar, less cynical and more educated than you,"

Is this what you mean with good manners, the topic of your thread ? 

I would get LittleNav Map to see AI on map instead of RT. It's free and more appealing aesthetically. RT is very technical and schematic radar-like thing. I use it exclusively in anticipation that perhaps one morning I open it and see ground traffic at ESSA, ENGM and KIAH 🙂 

7 hours ago, kiek said:

I closed the thread because further discussion would not make sense..

I have not removed the use of the RT Radar Screen, you can stiil use it if you use PSXTraffic. 

In this "beta" period of PSXT,  PSXT+PSXTraffic will be both available in my software package. If the bugs are washed out and PSXT is stable, I will split them in two separate packages.

Then it will depend on how many users still go for PSXTraffic how to continue. For some of you (I know of two at the moment) running two or more Simulators at the same time, PSXT is not an option. I have to make a solution for them too

Thanks for the consideration.
In my case, the use of the radar screen is due to three important reasons:

1) I can observe what level of data I have as coverage. I'm not interested in flying to an airport where planes disappear before touching down, or on the runways.

2) The radar screen, in the professional license, provides many data on the aircraft in its options, in addition to the usual ones.

3) Because I am free to use it since I pay for it.:)

7 hours ago, kiek said:

Btw: "Balthasar, less cynical and more educated than you,"

Is this what you mean with good manners, the topic of your thread ? 

I understand that it was not the kindest response, but observing the way you responded to my last request, I could not help but writing to you with the same elegance that you had with me.
At my age, I have learned to be fair.

Haha!

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

1) I can observe what level of data I have as coverage. I'm not interested in flying to an airport where planes disappear before touching down, or on the runways.

The radar screen shows traffic indeed, but you will not see the quality of the data stream. There can be large "holes"in the stream that force aircraft to disappear in PSXT while they are still visible in the RT Radar because RT can "overcome these holes (working with a 2D screen) much better then PSXT in the 3D sim.

As an alternative you could have a look at the airports archive. All airports with a Qf real  of say > 30  will have good ground traffic, although even then aircraft may disappear temporaraly during a landing.

Edited by kiek

3) Because I am free to use it since I pay for it.:)

Yes, but you still need a free app that makes use of it 😉 

I understand that it was not the kindest response, but observing the way you responded to my last request, I could not help but writing to you with the same elegance that you had with me.
At my age, I have learned to be fair.

Haha!

At my age (70) you must be careful with insulting me, I could get a heart attack from anger, and than PSXTraffic is finished. 😉 

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Nico,

Is it possible to add an option to show/hide the radarscreen for user who want to use it in PSXT?  I often look at the radar screen, in addition to Little Nav Map (LNM) usually to avoid other traffic especially during landing.

Also, for me, using LNM with PSXT vs PSXT Traffic shows different results.  The latter shows all the aircraft in the area, whereas PSXT only shows a few aircraft, and even those flicker (blink On/Off). Not sure if this is a LNM problem, but there are differences at least on my system.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kiek said:

At my age (70) you must be careful with insulting me, I could get a heart attack from anger, and than PSXTraffic is finished. 😉 

Thanks for your answer. I think people like you never die because a heart attack from anger. im sure you like me a little little bit. 

Its just passion. 

on the other side, our only hope is that the new server of Balthasar are really better than those of the last update.

That “radar screen” was the way to discover that something was really bad.

thanks for answering and, sincelery, a big hold!

do you want me to never write to you again? or do you give me the permission to continue checking and proposing ideas even if you hate me?

😉

17 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

do you want me to never write to you again? or do you give me the permission to continue checking and proposing ideas even if you hate me?

😉

No, no, just continue.  But be careful with your language, I had to approve your last few posts as a moderator. There are other moderators "above me"  that might not be so forgiving 😉  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kiek said:

No, no, just continue.  But be careful with your language, I had to approve your last few posts as a moderator. There are other moderators "above me"  that might not be so forgiving 😉  

Thank you:)

2 hours ago, kiek said:

LOL - Please don't leave us 🙏

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jd559 said:

LOL - Please don't leave us 🙏

Yes you're the best Nico. I would have a hard time enjoying this hobby without you!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Noncon said:

Nico,

Is it possible to add an option to show/hide the radarscreen for user who want to use it in PSXT?  

Also, for me, using LNM with PSXT vs PSXT Traffic shows different results.  The latter shows all the aircraft in the area, whereas PSXT only shows a few aircraft, and even those flicker (blink On/Off). Not sure if this is a LNM problem, but there are differences at least on my system.

No, I am sorry, that is license wise not possible, PSXT  already has a connection to the RT servers. More than one connection to RT is not allowed. And from a technical point of view it would be weird too.

I have noticed that flickering too, not a difference in numbers. That would be very strange, because like I wrote before these programs only differ in the way they get their data from RT. Could it be that these data streams are different? I doubt it.

I Have to look into it more closely. Thanks for your report.