Sign in to follow this  
NATORDEN

Buggy/Missing ground textures at night

I got RCTP, RPLL and SBGL on sale recently and they are all fine during the day but during the night they are buggy, especially the ground textures. Ive added a clip to showcase what i mean, the clip is from RCTP at night and day. I am quite unsure of how to fix this, as this is the first time im seeing such an issue. Ill also attach some pictures of SBGL at night and day

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Edited by NATORDEN
added some images

1.  You should ask the payware scenery developers about this.

2. Tarmac lighting in P3D is prone to flickering and disappearing when changing view angles.  Don't know how to fix this.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

I forgot to add to the main post that im on P3Dv5, im not too sure on how the PacSim dev would respond gfven 3 yrs ago he mentioned porting over 4 more sceneries to v5 but hasnt done any of them since the current 5. But i shall test my luck with them.

Ok, call me crazy but it seems like the iFly 737 Max 8 is the reason the ground is flickering...i loaded in with the aerosoft a330 and it has stopped flickering. This is kinda weird

Edited by NATORDEN

You may want to try the dynamic light mod from iniBuilds

https://forum.inibuilds.com/files/file/657-pacsim-taipei/

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

2 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

You may want to try the dynamic light mod from iniBuilds

https://forum.inibuilds.com/files/file/657-pacsim-taipei/

I am indeed using this mod. in my case, i found out the flickering only occurs with the iFly 737 max8.
Regarding the dynamic light mod, it doesnt work at 2 airports i have in v5 (Tropicalsim SBGL & Pacsim RPLL )

The flickering doesnt occur with other aircraft ive tested (F-35, aerosoft a330 and 330-200 mod)

Are these values set in the prepar3d.cfg ?

[GRAPHICS]

// Ensure dynamic lighting is displayed without turning on and off when changing views. Default values are 250.
// The 500 values are recommended in FlightBeam's NZAA documentation. When using IniBuilds dynamic lighting profiles the value is 1000.
MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=1000
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=1000

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

8 hours ago, NATORDEN said:

I am indeed using this mod. in my case, i found out the flickering only occurs with the iFly 737 max8.
Regarding the dynamic light mod, it doesnt work at 2 airports i have in v5 (Tropicalsim SBGL & Pacsim RPLL )

The flickering doesnt occur with other aircraft ive tested (F-35, aerosoft a330 and 330-200 mod)

If it's aircraft related, I wonder what's your gpu, how much VRAM you have and maybe VRAM using settings need some adjustments. I quickly looked at RCTP and RPLL, which both have the iniBuilds dynamic light and I had no ground flickering, texture going off and on. But I have to test with a heavy sim aircraft like PMDG or AS A320. I use a RTX 3090 with 24 GB.

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

16 hours ago, Rogen said:

Are these values set in the prepar3d.cfg ?

[GRAPHICS]

// Ensure dynamic lighting is displayed without turning on and off when changing views. Default values are 250.
// The 500 values are recommended in FlightBeam's NZAA documentation. When using IniBuilds dynamic lighting profiles the value is 1000.
MAX_POINT_LIGHTS=1000
MAX_SPOT_LIGHTS=1000

I have them at 1000, and also point it to the effects folder via addon xml as this worked with other airports (RCTP)

The only 2 airports that dynamic lights just dont work for me are Tropicalsims SBGL and PacSim RPLL. Ill mess around more if i can find something regarding why.

10 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

If it's aircraft related, I wonder what's your gpu, how much VRAM you have and maybe VRAM using settings need some adjustments. I quickly looked at RCTP and RPLL, which both have the iniBuilds dynamic light and I had no ground flickering, texture going off and on. But I have to test with a heavy sim aircraft like PMDG or AS A320. I use a RTX 3090 with 24 GB.

If you have the iFly max, perhaps you can try with this one, its the only one i have flickering issues with, my GPU has 16gb vram (RX6800XT), 32GB system ram and 5800X3D for the CPU

Edited by NATORDEN

1 hour ago, NATORDEN said:

my GPU has 16gb vram

That should be enough to load all textures even with the complex planes. Unfortunately I don't have the iFly, so I try with one with heavy textures.

12 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

That should be enough to load all textures even with the complex planes. Unfortunately I don't have the iFly, so I try with one with heavy textures.

Ah its a shame for the test. I dont know why the iFly causes this issue, but with other aircraft i am safe.

14 hours ago, NATORDEN said:

why the iFly causes this issue

Not so sure about that. I have not issues with AS A330 or PMDG 747. So as said, I don't have the iFly but can not imagine, what could be worse with regards to textures than the AS products.

I just realised, when installing dynamic light in Tropicalsim SBGL, I had to remove some textures for the original night lighting. I thought you shold check the procedures for installing the iniBuild dynlights again, maybe you missed to remove a file. Also I suggest to reinstall the iniBuild dynlights library again, if you haven't done so recently.

14 hours ago, NATORDEN said:

why the iFly causes this issue

Not so sure about that. I have not issues with AS A330 or PMDG 747. So as said, I don't have the iFly but can not imagine, what could be worse with regards to textures than the AS products.

I just realised, when installing dynamic light in Tropicalsim SBGL, I had to remove some textures for the original night lighting. I thought you shold check the procedures for installing the iniBuild dynlights again, maybe you missed to remove a file. Also I suggest to reinstall the iniBuild dynlights library again, if you haven't done so recently.

On 12/1/2023 at 10:23 AM, blaunarwal said:

I still have this issue with RPLL, not found a way to fix it using inibuilds dynlight with a fresh download of the effects. So i am not too sure on what to do next with it. It shouldnt be too much of a problem if i do day flights there

Here are some pictures of how it looks at RPLL, it seems like the dynamic lights work, but are on a different level? The 2 pictures are both from RPLL, one at a gate one out of the apron on the grass, you can see the interior of the cockpit is being illuminated by dyanmic lighting, but not the exterior. (Same behaviour/effect on all my aircraft)

spacer.pngspacer.png

Here are some more pictures from the cockpit
spacer.pngspacer.png

Lastly, i noticed these effects are showing behind the taxiway but over the aircraft, its kinda weird, because ive seen such "weird" perceptiosn before with the aerosoft a320 neo mod, where the interior of the engine renders behind the engine cowling and so on. Could this be related to the dynamic light issue i have at only RPLL?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by NATORDEN