Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

FSR 500/Piper M500 Night Lighting

Does anyone else think of "Tron" when you see the cockpit of this plane lit up at night?

What an extraordinary design. I am not much of a fan of modern cockpits as I much prefer some steam guages with the odd panel thrown in but I have to say that I think the design of this thing is quite striking. I really love it at night with its illuminated Tron lines.

It's very unique.

Well done Piper and well done FS Reborn for you rendition of it.

On the subject of night lighting in this plane, what does the DAY/NIGHT switch actually do? I can't for the life of me see what it changes.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Its brilliant indeed. The switch is suppose to dim the lighting.. I dont think its really doing anything at the moment,.

Peter Osborn

The manual states "Cabin Pressure Dump and MIC SEL switches" for the DAY/NIGHT switch, but I do not know what that means. I will ask Raul.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

The manual states "Cabin Pressure Dump and MIC SEL switches" for the DAY/NIGHT switch, but I do not know what that means. I will ask Raul.

I saw that in the manual but when I look at the Cabin Pressure Dump Switch light and then switch between day and night nothing seems to happen.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Just now, Christopher Low said:

Raul says that it is for the dimming of the LED switches.

Well, if it is, I can't see it. Much as I can't see the screens dim when I decrease the avionics lighting. Although the buttons of the avionics do.

I have just checked, and that switch does not seem to affect any of the lights on my PC either. As for the TRON style lighting, I totally agree with you :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

May i add a question: Is the dimming on the G1000 Panels also INOP? I was just fiddling around with the brightness options and i just didn't change anything. Am i missing something here?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

6 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

May i add a question: Is the dimming on the G1000 Panels also INOP? I was just fiddling around with the brightness options and i just didn't change anything. Am i missing something here?

Yeah, it is and it isn't. If you look at the buttons they will dim but the panels seem to not dim at all. There are two ways to do it. You can use the switch on the overhead labled "avionics" or you can do it on the garmin unit itself but it only ever effects the lights on the buttons. I suspect this is something that needs fixing.

If the screens are dimming I certainly can't see it.

Just now, Jazz said:

Yeah, it is and it isn't. If you look at the buttons they will dim but the panels seem to not dim at all. There are two ways to do it. You can use the switch on the overhead labled "avionics" or you can do it on the garmin unit itself but it only ever effects the lights on the buttons. I suspect this is something that needs fixing.

If the screens are dimming I certainly can't see it.

Ok so its not just me. Thank you!

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Good to know, I also thought I was missing something. Hopefully a fix can be devised because the cockpit is a little too bright at night. 

Dan Scott

6 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Good to know, I also thought I was missing something. Hopefully a fix can be devised because the cockpit is a little too bright at night. 

I agree. I did mention the panel dimming thing to Raul in another thread but he didn't reply to that part. Easily done. I'm sure he and the rest of them are swamped and busy after the release.

I would also like to have a brightness slider on the tablet in the cockpit. It also is too bright. That reflection in the window is too loud as a result, as well. I would like to be able to adjust that.

Edited by Jazz
  • Like 1

I checked out the FSR500 cockpit at night for the first time yesterday, and it certainly did not look too bright to me. It was very cosy and dark, which made the TRON style lighting look very sexy :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I checked out the FSR500 cockpit at night for the first time yesterday, and it certainly did not look too bright to me. It was very cosy and dark, which made the TRON style lighting look very sexy :smile:

Cool, isn't it? 🙂

It's the screens that are too bright. On the Garmins and the tablet. It would be nice to be able to adjust them is all. The Tron lighting easily adjusts though and you can make that clearly bright or much dimmer.

• Upvote 1

My G1000 panels dim fine. (in DX12 and the brightness of the panels set to manual (Menu button on PFD).

I have set them to 100% manual and then change brightness with the overhead switch.

Edited by Gerwil