Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Utilities for jetways and pushback

Hello, I’m wondering if there are any alternatives to GSX out there to operate jetways and for pushback.

I’m finding as of late I probably only have a 25% success rate in actually starting GSX.  Most times the menu either closes as soon as it opens or the menu opens but doesn’t load.  Frankly I’m fed up with it.  

While animated baggage loading etc is nice, what I really need is a way to operate the jetways and perform a pushback without contacting ground (which is silly).  Any alternatives out there?  I remember there was a really good freeware one available on .to but I believe development ceased and it had some memory leak issues.

Thanks

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I still use toolbar pushback . It only works in manual pushback mode though. I think the memory leak issue was either addressed or went away via a sim update. Be aware that it doesn't play well with the FBW aircraft. Worth a download to check for yourself in case you have any other aircraft that won't work. It will control jetways and ground support vehicles as well. I read somewhere that Aerosoft, in collaboration with the guy that developed toolbar pushback, may be releasing a payware version ?

Edited by mobeans10
  • Like 1

Toolbar Pushback, look here:

https://flightsim.to/file/15033/toolbar-pushback

As mentioned, a "pro" version (payware) is under development and will be available at the Aerosoft website, but I suspect I'll still take some time to be released. 

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

It only works in manual pushback mode though.

By that, are you saying you can't plan the pushback and get it to work automatically? Are you having to manually turn the pushback tug whilst it's in motion? Because that feature works fine for me. Or are you comparing it to some automatic pushback feature in GSX (which I don't have)?

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Don't understand how people can recommend toolbar pushback when it hasn't been updated in two years, has a memory leak issue and other bugs.

@regis9  FS2Crew's Pushback Express is a lite version of GSX. It's better value when on sale (Christmas holidays fast approaching 👍), yet one of the three types of pushback should give you what you're looking for.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

27 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

By that, are you saying you can't plan the pushback and get it to work automatically?

Yes. For me, even with the default aircraft, the planned pushback is a bit of a joyride. Sometimes it's better than others. The manual works just fine so I just go with that.

18 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

@regis9  FS2Crew's Pushback Express is a lite version of GSX.

I have this as well. I flip between this and toolbar pushback since they both do the same function.  I'm not sure the memory leak is still in play, I've certainly not noticed any symptoms recently

Edited by mobeans10

7 hours ago, regis9 said:

Hello, I’m wondering if there are any alternatives to GSX out there to operate jetways and for pushback.

I’m finding as of late I probably only have a 25% success rate in actually starting GSX.  Most times the menu either closes as soon as it opens or the menu opens but doesn’t load.  Frankly I’m fed up with it.  

Thanks

If that ever happens where the menu quickly closes after you try to open it then find Couatl in the system tray and right click it and then click restart.

If that doesn't work then right click it and click quit. Then manually start Couatl again. It is sort of annoying but in the times this happens to me this is what I do and both methods only take 5 seconds to complete. 

1 hour ago, environmental_ice said:

If that ever happens where the menu quickly closes after you try to open it then find Couatl in the system tray and right click it and then click restart.

If that doesn't work then right click it and click quit. Then manually start Couatl again. It is sort of annoying but in the times this happens to me this is what I do and both methods only take 5 seconds to complete. 

Thanks I just gave that a try and it worked!  Much appreciated.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

FS2Crew's Pushback Express is a lite version of GSX. It's better value when on sale (Christmas holidays fast approaching 👍), yet one of the three types of pushback should give you what you're looking for.

Thanks I’ll keep a look out for Boxing Day sales then, generally you’re happy with what it does?  Seems like it would be a good backup.

Dave

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

generally you’re happy with what it does?  Seems like it would be a good backup.

Swapped to GSX as I prefer its customised pushback profiles that you can download from fs.to and just drop in. Try @environmental_ice' suggestion re: Couatl.

FS2C's PBE is more basic, though it will do the job with more hands-on involvement from you.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thanks, much appreciate the help!

Dave

2 hours ago, mobeans10 said:

Yes. For me, even with the default aircraft, the planned pushback is a bit of a joyride. Sometimes it's better than others.

Interesting. It was flaky in the past for me, where it would freeze when I tried to place the first aircraft marker in the sequence and similar problems. But it's been perfectly fine for a long time now.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)