Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Mandatory Update just released 12/19/2023

Just received an update from Asobo.  Hopefully it solves the reported crashes the sim has been having since SU14 was released.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Dillon said:

Just received an update from Asobo.  Hopefully it solves the reported crashes the sim has been having since SU14 was released.

It doesn't, it's not a bug fixing update.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

It is  just more eye candy. Fixes for essential sim related functions is not going to happen as everyone in the ASOBO team is working on the 2024 version.

Edited by andymandy
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, andymandy said:

It is  just more eye candy. Fixes for essential sim related functions is not going to happen as everyone in the ASOBO team is working on the 2024 version.

That's just completely false, fixes/enhancements to "essential sim related functions" continue to come to v2020 via SUs, including even backporting of some functionality in v2024 (i.e. subset of new atmospheric engine backported to SU14, subset of new ground handling being backported to SU15). Not to mention various default aircraft being enhanced in FM/systems/avionics fidelity via AAUs and SUs (most recent example being the SR22).. all of these are anything but "eye candy".

And as part of their FSExpo interviews they clearly stated the team was doubled in size to keep working on both v2024 and v2020, with plans to support v2020 years after v2024 releases. So ya, not "everyone in the Asobo team" is working on the v2024 version.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

33 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I had a quick glance at the release notes, and I believe it did mention that the update does address crashes that have been happening.

4 minutes ago, Kevin_28 said:

I had a quick glance at the release notes, and I believe it did mention that the update does address crashes that have been happening.

Source?

40 minutes ago, Dillon said:

It's City update 5, just more scenery...

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

3 minutes ago, Brocky120 said:

Source?

You know what. Ignore that, It was the release notes for another update.

Edited by Kevin_28