Sign in to follow this  
Nurmblitz

More FSLabs oddities

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@Nurmblitz, I've done as much as i can to help you but you seem unwilling to take my advice. You still haven't said what your startup aircraft was before you ran the nuclear option of Delete Generated Files.

Ignore SimStarterNG for now. Start P3D directly. At the scenario screen i hope you have a default aircraft already showing. Select Concorde. It takes a while as there lots of files to load.

You won't get a refund so if you want the problem resolving do the above.

You also haven't said if you have selected the Experimental option in the FS Labs Control Centre. Is that version up to date? You should be running Concorde build 227.

Have you turned off FXAA as recommended?

By all means I don´t want to look like a rude person but I gave a solved case to my fellow simmers who can take it as a warning or a hint to solve possibly a similar case. As said the Concorde and FSLabs CC do not reside in my computer any more as they caused the application to hang. I haven´t used the default plane method with P3D at all, I´ve chosen the plane I fly straight on. Originally I wanted to comment the earlier FSLabs thread but that was closed by administrators before I managed to do that. So I was not asking for help because I helped myself but offered a hint for others in trouble.

1 hour ago, Nurmblitz said:

By all means I don´t want to look like a rude person but I gave a solved case to my fellow simmers who can take it as a warning or a hint to solve possibly a similar case.

You're not rude but you are obstinate and apparently unwilling to take advice from someone who has successfully installed the FS Labs Concorde.

If your solution - after paying 70USD - is to uninstall the product that's one few if any are unlikely to pay any attention to.

As said the Concorde and FSLabs CC do not reside in my computer any more as they caused the application to hang.

That's because you didn't follow the advice given by FS Labs or me here.

I haven´t used the default plane method with P3D at all, I´ve chosen the plane I fly straight on.

And therein lies one of the reasons why it isn't working for you.

Originally I wanted to comment the earlier FSLabs thread but that was closed by administrators before I managed to do that.

Because there were posts there that criticised FS Labs unfairly.

So I was not asking for help because I helped myself but offered a hint for others in trouble.

But have you helped yourself? You're 70USD poorer and cannot fly a magnificent aircraft. I don't call that helping yourself. I call it shooting yourself in the foot.

If you want help in installing it I'm willing to help when your attitude changes.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Recently all of this talking about FSLabs just revived my serious will to see their products ported into p3dv6, specially after the 6.1 released...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I think it's fair critique to object to the intrusive way the FSL configurator interferes with the sim startup when not using the FSL software.  I sure would like to see it only run when an FSL aircraft is loaded.  Generally, though, once I make a choice to disregard the configurator's "suggestions", it doesn't keep popping up in successive restarts unless something weird happens like an incomplete/disorderly P3D shutdown.

I believe the need for FSL add-ons to ride on P3D running as admin is because the configurator must write to files in folder locations that require that permissions level, and a program can't spawn a subprocess with permissions higher than its own.  That could be solved by having a separate standalone configurator that runs in admin mode outside the sim, and TBH it probably should be done that way.  It doesn't bother me to run P3D as admin on a dedicated machine that is never used for other more security-critical tasks (e.g. banking, website admin, accounting etc), but for those that use a single computer to do all things internet, it can pose a legit security issue.

Anyway, I just cannot conclude that the inconveniences suffered from the FSL configurator's intrusive interventions are so strident that it warrants throwing my hands up, shelving the add-ons, and chalking up the hundreds of $$ spent as a total loss.  I just learned to work around it, just as I have for LOTS of other such small interprocess compatibilty problems in the flight sim universe.

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 hour ago, Bob Scott said:

I think it's fair critique to object to the intrusive way the FSL configurator interferes with the sim startup when not using the FSL software.  I sure would like to see it only run when an FSL aircraft is loaded. 

I'll need to double check in the morning but I think SimStarterNG allows customising of which DLLs can be loaded.

So if you have a Concorde or Airbus configuration it might be possible to only load their DLLs with those aircraft. For others create a custom DLL config that excludes them.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm not 70 dollars poorer but a thousand dollars richer now when I can continue to use the rest of the addons.

15 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

To echo what Ray said, it has been the standard and recommended practice in FSX and all versions of P3D to install and run them as admin. It has also been standard to install and run most high end addons as admin. I have always followed this principle with zero problems......

I hardly ever ran anything in administrator mode in my entire time using FSX and P3D. Steve W advised me regarding what to do with respect to setting permissions (a very simple process), and running in administrator mode after that should not be required. As Luke says, it should be the user's choice how they run software on their own PCs, and what settings they use.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm not 70 dollars poorer but a thousand dollars richer now when I can continue to use the rest of the addons.

I've offered my help but you're clearly not interested. I'm done.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

As Luke says, it should be the user's choice how they run software on their own PCs, and what settings they use.

This.

If I want to use FXAA (I don't) or SSAA is my choise and FSLabs doesn't have to interfere with that.

Edited by Juliett Alfa Romeo
  • Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS