Sign in to follow this  
VFRHawk

A question for APL v2 users

3 hours ago, Alti said:

Requests to the developer can be entered on the Discord server. If enough fellow pilots upvote, such a request could be realized.

https://discord.com/invite/UgwbNvB

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 hours ago, Alti said:

Requests to the developer can be entered on the Discord server. If enough fellow pilots upvote, such a request could be realized.

Someone already suggested it over 30 days ago with 59 upvotes. As usual most of the mods come off as against it which makes no sense at all. The only thing I will add to my last post is I do see an issue with being a senior captain at say AAL and changing jobs to work at UAL and picking your own schedule as a new pilot for UAL. That's not how it works in real life. Sure some airlines do hire direct entry captains but 99% of them will make you start as a first officer where obviously you wouldn't be picking your own schedule on your first day. 

either way hopefully this gets added in some shape or form other than "flight tickets"

28 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

Someone already suggested it over 30 days ago with 59 upvotes. As usual most of the mods come off as against it which makes no sense at all. The only thing I will add to my last post is I do see an issue with being a senior captain at say AAL and changing jobs to work at UAL and picking your own schedule as a new pilot for UAL. That's not how it works in real life. Sure some airlines do hire direct entry captains but 99% of them will make you start as a first officer where obviously you wouldn't be picking your own schedule on your first day. 

either way hopefully this gets added in some shape or form other than "flight tickets"

There are over 13,000 pilots flying with A Pilots life, so I would assume that 59 upvotes is a  tiny percentage that voted for this change. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

There are over 13,000 pilots flying with A Pilots life, so I would assume that 59 upvotes is a  tiny percentage that voted for this change. 

That's actually a huge number when you look at other suggestions. The fact is there aren't a lot of people that use discord. It's not like you can find other suggestions with 5000 upvotes. This change is actually in the top 3 of any suggestion in the server. There is only 2 other suggestions that have more upvotes. More XP for long hauls has 68 upvotes and adjusting the number of generated flights has 60 upvotes. 

Also it's a realistic change in the end. Everyone says APL is simulating the life of a pilot but the simulation drifts from reality as you become a senior captain. Also keep in mind nobody is suggesting to get rid of the random generated schedules but if the Schedule generator won't be improved on then at least reward the most dedicated high ranking pilots with something real pilots get to do.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

That's actually a huge number when you look at other suggestions. The fact is there aren't a lot of people that use discord. It's not like you can find other suggestions with 5000 upvotes. This change is actually in the top 3 of any suggestion in the server. There is only 2 other suggestions that have more upvotes. More XP for long hauls has 68 upvotes and adjusting the number of generated flights has 60 upvotes. 

Also it's a realistic change in the end. Everyone says APL is simulating the life of a pilot but the simulation drifts from reality as you become a senior captain. Also keep in mind nobody is suggesting to get rid of the random generated schedules but if the Schedule generator won't be improved on then at least reward the most dedicated high ranking pilots with something real pilots get to do.

disregard

Edited by Bobsk8