Sign in to follow this  
Republic DC9

RX6800 suddenly not outputting HDMI signal to TV

Last week Sunday I was able to sim successfully then went off to Italy for the week.

Wife didn’t touch PC while gone.

Fired up PC this AM and zero signal to TV - tried different HDMI cables, no good.

GPU appears to be lit on the side so is getting power.

By using a HDMI output can get a signal to the TV so the computer itself works.

I’m using a Samsung TV that has HDMI or USB 2.0 ports.

My RX 6800 has one HDMI 2.1 output.

My questions...

1) Could I hook up w HDMI to HDMI cable and try to output that way?  Or get a Display Port 1.4a to HDMI converter (card also has a Display Port output)?

2) Assuming that I can keep outputting via the built in HDMI connection, how do I tell exactly if my GPU is actually “dead” or not, that it is just an issue with the output?

Thanks!

Steve

I would try another monitor or TV connected to the computer before deciding the RX6800 is not working. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hs118 said:

I would try another monitor or TV connected to the computer before deciding the RX6800 is not working. 

Well, I’ve validated that the card is NOT working - AMD Adreneline doesn’t even recognize the card as being installed any longer.   No idea how it became toast after a week of sitting there, but I fear it is indeed toast.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Republic DC9 said:

Well, I’ve validated that the card is NOT working - AMD Adreneline doesn’t even recognize the card as being installed any longer.   No idea how it became toast after a week of sitting there, but I fear it is indeed toast.

Maybe still a few things to check first.

Have you checked the graphics card is securely seated in its slot?  Try removing and reseating it.  Also have you checked the power supply to the card is fully inserted. If it's loose it could still allow the card to light up, but not be supplying enough power.

Do you have another pcie 16 slot on the motherboard? If so, try moving the card to that slot to test it again.

You said HDMI output gets a signal to the tv and the tv has an HDMI input. Which HDMI output is this?   What output are you using from your graphics card that is not working? 

Have you checked the BIOS to ensure the graphics output has not changed itself to the onboard graphics. It should be impossible, but still requires checking.

Have you tried one of the other outputs on the card?  Try to borrow a display port to HDMI or a DVI to HDMI cable and try that.

John B

Hi,

All the above + try uninstalling the Driver using the - amd clean up utility - then installing the latest Adrenalin software/driver.

My 6900xt was playing up but that fixed it.

Mick