Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

WF SCENERY STUDIO - HONG KONG INTL P3Dv5

I bought this airport last November and all seemed well. A patch was issued for the third runway but plane spotting there yesterday revealed a problem.

Using ADE Fault Finder it reports multiple runway issues. Turns out 13C still has multiple references to 13L. This manifests itself as landing aircraft on 13L taxiing over water to make their way to the terminal.

Anyone else spotted this? I tried editing the AFCAD but the way it's been constructed is bringing up error messages in ADE.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 minutes ago, Swiss2259 said:

AIG has an updated AFCAD file for Hong Kong Intl. 

one of the fixes (if you meant 7L / 7C instead of 13):

available on their forum: https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=42397.0

Thank you. Yes, I did mean 07 and not 13. The delights of getting old! 🤣

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Was just about to raise the same question re the airport. Thanks all for the tip. One "delight of getting old" is remembering we're getting old.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

It was frustrating to find the problem, fix it and then when I opted to save the new AFCAD the message appeared which I’d never seen before. Clearly they’ve used some fancy techniques. At least v5 allows AFCADs to be edited. Apparently AFD is not compatible with P3Dv6 and never will be as the author has retired.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You should try Herve Sors 'Airport Inspector and Editor' Ray, it is far quicker and easier for such tasks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, srcooke said:

You should try Herve Sors 'Airport Inspector and Editor' Ray, it is far quicker and easier for such tasks.

Thanks Stephen, I’ve never heard of it but will check it out. Especially useful for P3Dv6 users.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Especially useful for P3Dv6 users.

is this a P3D5 or  🤔 question

for now, cheers

john martin

New AFCAD installed plus other supplied files to clean up the artifacts reported in the AIG forum.

With a couple of hours to spare I'm now enroute from Hong Kong to Wuxu, China. ZGNN. Flight controlled by Radar Contact in my BA 737-800 NGXu with a local departure time of 10:46 (02:46Z) and using the benefits of ASP3D and historical weather.

I'm hearing some enroute centres for the first time in RC4 18 years after we recorded them. :smile:

Fantastic airport and well done too to drobinho over at AIG for supplying the AFCAD.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for sharing this Ray - have downloaded too

• Like 1

17 hours ago, srcooke said:

Wow I didn't know the Herve who had all the Navaid updates also had so many interesting tools. Thanks for sharing!