Sign in to follow this  
Akila

Departure/arrival gate/stand - history?

Is there any website that shows which gate a flight departed from and arrived to (historical data obviously) - mainly outside of the NA region?

I couldn't find this on FlightAware nor in FR24, at least not that i could find.
I did find that flightstats.com has partial information that sometimes shows the gate(s) but many times it is blank (Outside the US mainly).

I want this information when flying offline for my flight planning to try and simulate the departure and arrival gates as well.

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

FR24 does this if you go into the history of a specific flight and just zoom in close enough on the map.

That is if the airports on the route have the aircraft switch on their transponders soon enough.

And for the current flight that is in the future, you just have to find out the registration of the aircraft that will fly this flight and look at its last flight. This will get you the gate it was parked at last.

Here is an example:

For the Inibuilds A300 in the DHL repaint D-AEAF

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/d-aeaf#

Pick play and just zoom in to the destination.

Currently the aircraft is parked at Gate 465 in Leipzig after its last flight. Whenver the next leg is filed it will show up in the list and then you will know from which gate you will have to start.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 3

I sometimes have luck using the airport’s website departure/arrival pages.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I sometimes have luck using the airport’s website departure/arrival pages.

Yup. In Munich that is mandatory, because the transponders get switched off on the ramp so you won't be able to tell where the aircraft parked using my method above.

But in that case you also have to use an extra step, because the Gate Numbers are not the same as the Parking Stand numbers. So using the Airport map to find the gate you will have to translate that with the Taxi Map of the Aircraft to figure out the Name of the Parking Stand.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Farlis said:

And for the current flight that is in the future, you just have to find out the registration of the aircraft that will fly this flight and look at its last flight. This will get you the gate it was parked at last.

You saying that a certain registration always gets the same gate, no matter their destination?

14 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Here is an example:

For the Inibuilds A300 in the DHL repaint D-AEAF

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/d-aeaf#

Pick play and just zoom in to the destination.

what I understand by this is that you don't get the actual gate/stand, but just the depiction where on the map the aircraft is and then I need to open a ground chart to try and guess the closest gate to the map, is that correct?

Joel Strikovsky

I have been looking into this actually.

Little NavMap has all the gates marked that I have checked so far in the US and Canada. Don't know Europe.

What I did is this.

To find the Terminal the airline uses : Website searched : Flair KFJK Terminal

Then LittleNavMap to see what gates are available at that Terminal

Now I am making a file with the Airline, Terminal Gate and Gate size I have used for each airport.

That way I can go back and try to use the same gate every time.

Ron

• Like 1

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

5 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Then LittleNavMap to see what gates are available at that Terminal

LittleNavMap , doesn't really show terminal, it only shows me Parking Spots / Gates.

here is an example:

HKT/VTSP, aka Phuket International Airport in Thailand. it has two Terminals, Terminal 1 & 2.

this is from LittleNavMap view of the Airport (not to be confused with T1 & T2 in the pic, those are the main TAXI ways in/out).

wtkDvcp.png

Another Example, take KUL/WMKK, Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA 1) in Malaysia.

it has 2 terminals. LittleNavMap shows only T1 and no T2 when the matter of fact KLIA (WMKK) has two terminals that are Terminal "M" and Terminal "C",
Not T1 & T2 (I added the Terminal M/C into the pic).

VILH5nu.png

Edited by Akila

Joel Strikovsky

That is too bad.

I was at KJFK and the info was good.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

7 hours ago, Akila said:

what I understand by this is that you don't get the actual gate/stand, but just the depiction where on the map the aircraft is and then I need to open a ground chart to try and guess the closest gate to the map, is that correct?

You usually don't have to guess. The satelite image has high enough resolution so that you can read the parking gate number.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Farlis said:

You usually don't have to guess. The satelite image has high enough resolution so that you can read the parking gate number.

It's a nice Idea, but what I noticed that usually the tracking of a flight starts somewhere around the TAXI way or even the RWY itself and not at the gate.

Joel Strikovsky

I used this in the past, can be hit or miss but also gives the baggage carousel number sometimes! 😄

https://airports-worldwide.info/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

It's a bit hit or miss but I'm just looking at my previous flights on Flighty and they have the gate info for some of them. 

I mention this on the off chance you already use the app for real world travels. 

45 minutes ago, El Diablito said:

I used this in the past, can be hit or miss but also gives the baggage carousel number sometimes! 😄

https://airports-worldwide.info/

Looks like a very good source - thanks.

Petraeus

3 hours ago, Akila said:

It's a nice Idea, but what I noticed that usually the tracking of a flight starts somewhere around the TAXI way or even the RWY itself and not at the gate.

Like I said, I totally depends on the Transponder rules of the particular airport. For example Tel Aviv Ben Gurion is usesless as Aircraft usually switch on their transponder in the air it seems.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mikethe6th said:

I mention this on the off chance you already use the app for real world travels. 

Which APP are we talking about?

Joel Strikovsky