Sign in to follow this  
cchiozza

SNOW SNOW Rex

A few screen shot of the new REX Weather engine and snow. Some folks have had trouble with  live weather.. Rex has been great no FPS impact Good here!!

https://share.icloud.com/photos/09fmZvjeHjBP3CroCv23M_KuA

https://share.icloud.com/photos/060FZFSKPmzQoNqvP1K_M-nnA

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d5vIVlvDVB2Zciomn5REyzCg

And yea phone screen shot but I think you get the idea...

Edited by cchiozza
  • Like 1

Chris Chiozza

Hmmm. Yes. They also had a lot of snow cover in Northern Italy (and other locations) where there was a grand total of ZERO accumulated snow on the ground. 

So far I still find MSFS's built-in WX to be the better candidate. By a very large margin (and don't get me started on REX's dependence on METARs; including METAR stations which publish incomplete METARs ... 🙄).

Yea I did a flight 2 times into KMHT live and rex, live had zero snow, rex had snow.

Chris Chiozza

But with live weather you can go to other places where there is zero actual snow on the ground but with live weather there is snow permanenly 24/7 355 days a year.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

13 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

But with live weather you can go to other places where there is zero actual snow on the ground but with live weather there is snow permanenly 24/7 355 days a year.

You've got me utterly confused by that statement! Which does what <?>.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

I think what we can conclude is that neither REX nor MSFS live weather consistently gives accurate snow accumulation for all places on earth. Likely both do a pretty good job in most cases. but there are anomalies and inconsistencies. For some people this is a series draw back and frustrating while others do not even notice or care. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dan Scott

I also believe that the clouds are less granular with REX and smooth. The horizon is not cut in a line. 

Chris Chiozza

I also think the clouds look better under REX.

Only the problem with the snow has not been solved. My home base is EDDM.

There has been snow on all flights in the last few days. This wasn't the case with MSFS Weather. That has always been true.

The last flight over Great Britain also had snow everywhere. That cant be true. REX still needs to improve this

WIN 11 64 Pro, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, I7 13700K, be-quiet Loop Silent 2 WK, RTX 3090 OC, 32 GB DDR5 Kingston Fury Beast EXPO, 4x Nvme Samsung PRO, MS2020, be quiet SP11 850 Watt