Sign in to follow this  
Ramjet555

X-Plane useless aircraft?

I've had X-plane a long time, still on X-Plane 11 with a Coranado PA31 and King air 200 

with a Real Sim Gear Garmin 530 that no longer works with the King Air 200, the  heading bug disappeared

I'm really concerned that X-Plane 12 does not provide any light twin or PA31 or King Air 200 

with a Garmin 530 option in their aircraft. It seems that IFR practice is no longer a goal of X-Plane

but rather scenery.

Then when i go to order the Reality-XP product, you can't even download their 30% coupon,

if their coupon does not work, it makes  you wonder what else in Reality XP does not work.

Any ideas appreciated.

Edited by Ramjet555
errors

Don't know about XP11 seeing as it is now not to be updated by Laminar and it is XP12 only. Still a lot of catchup from commercial developers to get some stuff into XP12 - it is not a guaranteed cut and use from one to the other, two many deep changes to data processing etc etc, 

That said plenty of light twin stuff to my mind. There is the default Baron BE58 and King Air C90B both are excellent quality, Airfoil labs do the King Air 350 very good as well. No good King Air 200 and the old Carenado 2000 is a bust in XP12. Couple of Aerostars about 601 and 700, maybe a twin Bonanza BE50, Carenado Aztec from XP11 works ok (some mods about to make it happen). Few light jets about not that I dabble in that area. Lots of singles about, Cessna, Piper etc think the range is covered really from early C140 right through to the Caravan. 

As for reality XP no idea on that one at all sorry.

But XP12 is superb really and gets better and better for the money and time outstanding!

• Like 3

Forget about the Carenado aircraft, they're end of life in XP12.

That being said, there is a GNS 530 in X-Plane that works just fine for IFR practice.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

The Carenado Navajo with Rep package is working nice and smooth in XP12.

Cheers T.

• Like 1

I got the Reality XP last year and at that point it worked with XP12.

in theory it's a fantastic product. One could call it a full fledged soft emulator of the Garmin devices, that afaik runs the same software as the real thing.

Being based on industry grade products It's also very efficiently programmed and fast. But integration into X-Plane is a whole different issue. You will have to suffer a lot if you want to use it and that will be continuously.

After every X-Plane update there could be new problems. Due to time commitments I lost interest at some point but I would still rate the product highly. You just need ot know beforehand what you are getting. the 2 products are not made for each other and just coexist via a very weak connection

It is the core issue that is it is a fundamental difference of XP with other sims and or with XP12 or XP generally. The scripting and model architecture ties all instrumentation and objects to the cockpit and hence to the 3D model via planemaker. You cannot swap in or out without going to the core model, There are some things you can change in planemaker to have it recognise a particular GPS but the whole FMS/FMC in XP requires a complete upgrade and it is only done aircraft by aircraft as some will have noticed. The alternative is the creator or developer builds in a good FMS and FMC and hence GPS. 

I remain sceptical of the value of Reality XP with XP12. I get how it works a bit like A2A used to tweaking performance and settings behind the scene. Not convinced XP with its aerodynamic fidelity requires it at all nor with the high level scripting running via datarefs especially. More a problem for users is matching their controls to the sim! That makes all the difference. 

The base GPS is acceptable and there are a couple about all IFR capable, 

Light twins or singles high quality - no shortage of those either, Piston or Turbine. Some of the older piston twins like the Navajo or the Aero Commander are absent true. There is a great Apache by Restauravia as well. Lets not forget the quirky LET Morava 200 full IFR twin but very eastern european! 

Thanks to all the Australian replies. Wow.  

I'm still shell shocked from the lack of a response from Reality-XP 

they seem to be devoid of customer empathy or support.

Their Installer it appears, I used over 10 years ago, and burried inside it was 

my old address that did not match the credit card. I had to delete it all and start

again several times before enven the credit card payment went thru.

What's shocking is the lack of guidance on how to install it and or 

"get it working".  Yes, its a great product, if I ever get to see it work.

• Like 1

They are not the only ones I have several other similar! One in particular is supposed to be full XP12 already and exhibits a fatal flaw for the model and the sim - yet leaves no trace on the log of a

hung system - note this is not a CTD but a hung system issue! All of XPlane is locked or frozen out - can I get a sensible response? Um not yet! 

23 hours ago, Torsen said:

The Carenado Navajo with Rep package is working nice and smooth in XP12.

...until that one X-Plane update that breaks the Navajos quite old SASL plugin.

If it wasn't for that, I'd very likely have it in my hangar. Retractable twin for commmercial work? Yes, please!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Ramjet555:

In both XP11 & 12 the beech King Air 90 is done very well for an oem aircraft. It is smaller of course than the 200 and has smaller engines that are temp limited on a warm day but as someone who flew the 90 in the rw  for quite a few years I can say it is very well done. The garmin530 works well too. Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/22/2024 at 11:47 PM, coastaldriver said:

Some of the older piston twins like the Navajo or the Aero Commander are absent true.

The Carenado Navajo works well in XP12 with the Simcoders REP and Avia 71 released an XP12 version of their Aerostar 601P (while it's not strictly an Aero Commander it shares pretty deep connections)

As for the GNS 530 most XP12 planes that were converted from XP11 will probably be able to replace the default XP version with the Reality XP one by following the instructions in the RXP documentation.

Edited by Matchstick
  • Upvote 1