Sign in to follow this  
Cmmcd87

VoxATC preview. (Voice controlled ATC)

This is an early preview of AI injection and control by VoxATC. AI models will be immediately recognised by those using AIG traffic (and interested in an offline traffic experience with voice controlled ATC), as models and flight plans are by AIG with ATC behaviour controlled by VoiceATC.

It's an early preview so not representative of the final product, as there are fixes still to come both to AI behaviour and voice quality.

And because no preview is complete without showing the product from an end user point of view, here's an approach into LPPD using VoiceATC, showing voice recognition and interaction with the end user. Please note the voices aren't final, and are still missing improvements like filtering and static.

Hope you'll enjoy this small preview. Feedback appreciated as always!

Edited by Cmmcd87
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Excellent videos, great cinematography!

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

The Pros have spoken! It looks like we finally are going to get an excellent substitute to MSFS ATC. Nice progress on the voices, assuming those are provided with VoxATC. Thank you for the two videos demonstrating how far this software has gone now. 

• Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

I'm not sure about "surface wing" LOL Are the other winds tower gives you? 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

12 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm not sure about "surface wing" LOL Are the other winds tower gives you? 

Not sure I understand the question? 

3 hours ago, Cmmcd87 said:

Not sure I understand the question? 

I never heard tower refers to wind as "surface wind" . In my experience tower never provide wind aloft at any other different altitude other than runway elevation

47 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I never heard tower refers to wind as "surface wind" . In my experience tower never provide wind aloft at any other different altitude other than runway elevation

Straight off the UK radiotelephony manual as an example of landing clearance:

"G-CD, runway 34 cleared

touch and go surface wind

calm"

Page number 22 chapter 4 of the manual.

Or page 23 of the same chapter:

"G-CD, runway 34 cleared to

land surface wind 270 7"

In Europe the radiotelephony manual states the word "surface" may be omitted provided no confusion will occur from it. The ICAO manual states the same.

Edited by Cmmcd87
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cmmcd87 said:

Straight off the UK radiotelephony manual as an example of landing clearance:

"G-CD, runway 34 cleared

touch and go surface wind

calm"

Page number 22 chapter 4 of the manual.

Or page 23 of the same chapter:

"G-CD, runway 34 cleared to

land surface wind 270 7"

OK so it will UK based phraseology ?

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

OK so it will UK based phraseology ?

As applied to this specific video yes considering its location. Previous versions of VoxATC already had different phraseology for Europe/UK compared to USA depending on where you were flying.

Edited by Cmmcd87
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cmmcd87 said:

Previous versions of VoxATC already had different phraseology for Europe/UK compared to USA depending on where you were flying.

& the different altimeter procedures though as yet it does not provide for metric altitudes / flight levels nor metric winds.

also I expect to hear an update included for contemporary RNAV phrasing as distinct from legacy procedures.

& lastly but by no means least, an expansion of PF to PNF chatter options for PNF requests.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

16 hours ago, Cmmcd87 said:

using VoiceATC

one is a tad confused here..... are the voices SAPI5 TTS which can be used alongside one's existing inventory (MS,Harpo,Cereproc etc.) & hence with other addons such as MCE (for the same copilot voice) 🤔

for now, cheers

john martin

47 minutes ago, vadriver said:

one is a tad confused here..... are the voices SAPI5 TTS which can be used alongside one's existing inventory (MS,Harpo,Cereproc etc.) & hence with other addons such as MCE (for the same copilot voice) 🤔

Hey vadriver, I'm not the most knowledgeable person to answer this but will try to get an answer, however if you have discord you'll be able to get a quicker reply here:

https://discord.com/invite/jbyJep8j

Edited by Cmmcd87

3 hours ago, Cmmcd87 said:

however if you have discord you'll be able to get a quicker reply here:

that rabble is worthless .... for a quality addon

for now, cheers

john martin