Sign in to follow this  
newtie

AIG, Runways and Wind

10 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

LiveTraffic has that option. Maybe run in admin mode?

Running in admin. This morning I did some experimenting. There's a LiveTraffic and Airport window (not at my computer right now). I can only delete ac in the airport window. That means I have to have both windows open at the same time in order to select the offending ai, unless I'm missing something. This makes the whole thing unwieldly on a single monitor.

@newtie, I’ve never heard of anyone having this problem. I can delete aircraft in the LiveTraffic option.

Where do you have P3D installed? Inside ProgramFiles? Where is AIC installed ? I suggest you ask the developer here…

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?board=337.0

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

What’s your procedure for deleting ai in LiveTraffic? I’m missing something simple here 😕

10 minutes ago, newtie said:

What’s your procedure for deleting ai in LiveTraffic? I’m missing something simple here 😕

Right-click the entry. A long list of options is shown. Third one down is Delete Aircraft.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hey Ray-

I was giving you the wrong info. I couldn't delete ai in LiveMap, not LiveTraffic. I'm all set and thanks for all your time.

Mark

• Like 1

ATC API (mentioned earlier) seems to be working well.

Just did a test forcing aircraft to takeoff/land on a runway with a 5 knot tailwind.

The thread was referenced earlier, but you have to do a bit of digging later in the thread to find an updated version that doesn't crash P3D 5.4, so here is a link to that particular post:

Thanks for the suggestion @787flyer and @Juliett Alfa Romeo

On 1/24/2024 at 1:52 PM, 787flyer said:

+1 for ATCAPI.

I use this all the time.It works well with AIG AI.

Once installed you can configure the runways so that specific ones are in operation for AI via simple config file that it reads when starting the sim.

You can also adjust the percentage landing or taking off from each runway if there are multiple runways in operation.

Should the wind change while in flight, you can access the config file, change the runways base don current winds and then reload the config file for the changes to take effect in the sim.

If you are using ATCAPI you're may interested in automatically fetching the data from SimBrief. I once created this application but never shared it.

spacer.png

Features:

• Read latest SimBrief OFP
  • Export data to ATCAPI
  • Autorun (just start it and no clicks required)

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

13 minutes ago, Capt. PERO said:

If you are using ATCAPI you're may interested in automatically fetching the data from SimBrief. I once created this application but never shared it.

spacer.png

Features:

• Read latest SimBrief OFP
  • Export data to ATCAPI
  • Autorun (just start it and no clicks required)

That's interesting. The only limitation I see is that of course Simbrief uses one runway for landing and take off however with ATCAPI you can select multiple runways to be operation. But this would be a good first step to populate the config file of ATCAPI. I like it.

Appreciate you sharing it.Is there a way we can access your app? I looked on your web site but could not find it.

Thx!

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Download of pero | SimBrief2ATCAPI can be found here:
https://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpress/softwareprojects/pero-simbrief2atcapi/

16 hours ago, 787flyer said:

[...] The only limitation I see is that of course Simbrief uses one runway for landing and take off however with ATCAPI you can select multiple runways to be operation. But this would be a good first step to populate the config file of ATCAPI. I like it. [...]

My idea was the highest level of automation. So it just reads in the SimBrief OFP and publishes that data.

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder