Should I built a completly new PC?

Hi,

I have following setup: I9-10850k
MSI Z490 Gaming Plus
Noctua D15
Zodac RTX 3090
G.Skill RipJaws V 32 GB DDR4-4000 DIMM CL18
be quiet! Straight Power 11 850 Watt ATX
Fractal Design Define 7 Black (6x Lüfter)
SSD's

I am considering rebuilding it. What can I upgrade to get better performance? I know it's to early to judge on a product that not released yet but do you think my 3090 could still run MSFS2024, because ASOBO said the optimized performance? Right know I've around 30-35 fps in the Fenix on heavy loaded Airports around 20-25 fps, settings on Ultra. Comparing this with the 4090 it's disappointing and I fear it will get worse with the new release of MSFS.

Could I keep the 3090 and upgrade other components or should I start from scretch? I just don't want to lose to much money when selling my products.

What are your goals?  I usually wait to skip a generation or two when doing hardware updates.  As far as your 3090, that is still a great card and with the mods out there to give frame generation on them should last you a while yet.  Might also be worth waiting to see if Nvidia changes the power connector on the 5x series cards after all the issues with the new design.  Your CPU is 4 generations behind the latest series, and your motherboard is also a couple generations behind the latest.  If you WANT to upgrade might look at doing something with your Mobo / Ram / CPU instead of the GPU right now.  If you want to stick with Intel, something from the 14000 series you can find some good combos on for that and motherboard.  Also DDR5 memory.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Do you think I would see any performance increase in MSFS when changing CPU/RAM ? It's just annoying that I cannot use the DLSS features with the 3090 cards.

I like to slowly upgrade. Last year I upgrade mother board and cpu. Year prior the GPU. This year new curved monitor. Slow and steady makes the progress. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I'd wait - MSFS2024 is supposed to be much more optimized than our current sim.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you want to breath DLSS Frame Generation like life into your 3090, this mod does it if you're comfortable with this sort of thing.  There's a huge thread in the MSFS forums on using it.

Ryan's reply is spot on.  I'm also itching for a new build as well, but going to wait to see what MSFS 2024 is all about first.  Probably go AMD, though haven't done so for well over 15 years (4200+ X2).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I swapped out my I9 10900k for an AMD 7800X3D and DDR5 Ram, I got about 20 fps increase with the same settings in the game.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |