Sign in to follow this  
mac44

learjet updates

Just got this one (and seen a few updates recently)

1)is there any kind of autoupdater for this aircraft?

2)If not what is the best way to update it - do you need to manually remove the old version each time or can you just update over the top?

You want to go into your Flysimware account, and select "Order History and Downloads". On the right side of the purchase click the Details/Downloads link. When the Order Details page opens scroll down to "Order Details", where you will see ">> Download Information", and below that you will see  "Start Download", Download Info", "Contact Page", and "Learjet 35A MSFS". To the right of the "Learjet 35A MSFS" you will see a note specifying the current file level. Right now it says "Current product Version V1.1.7/JAN-30-2024"

If this is newer than your current version, re-download the file by clicking the teal colored link just below.

The zip file contains an executable file. The executable will automatically remove the prior version and install the current version for you. The zip will also contain a copy of the current changelog so that you can see what is changed with the current version.

CAUTION!!! I was actually doing these steps as I wrote them to make sure I told you correctly. As I opened the version 1.1.7 zip I received a Thread Defender virus warning for a hidden TROJAN in the file. I have never had a problem with any of their other files, so I do not suspect any harm is intended from them. It may have simply been a false positive, but I deleted the file to be safe....

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

30 minutes ago, GACSavannah said:

CAUTION!!! I was actually doing these steps as I wrote them to make sure I told you correctly. As I opened the version 1.1.7 zip I received a Thread Defender virus warning for a hidden TROJAN in the file. I have never had a problem with any of their other files, so I do not suspect any harm is intended from them. It may have simply been a false positive, but I deleted the file to be safe....

Based on reports I seen so far it seems Defender is the only AV that has found a problem with the ver 1.1.17 installer.
The Eset and Malwarebyte AV programs have not.

Al

UPDATED Update Instructions:

Yesterday I responded to Mac44's request on how to update the Lear 35A. As a result of the (FALSE Positive) Defender warnings, they have changed the process at least for now. Rather than identify the differences, I will start over here with new instructions on updating the file. Please note that I have NO association with the developer, I was simply attempting to answer a fellow users question yesterday, and feel I should update that previous answer with the current correct information...

Updated update directions:

You want to go into your Flysimware account, and select "Order History and Downloads". On the right side of the purchase click the Details/Downloads link. When the Order Details page opens scroll down to "Order Details", where you will see ">> Download Information", and below that you will see  "Start Download", Download Info", "Contact Page", and "Learjet 35A MSFS". To the right of the "Learjet 35A MSFS" you will see a note specifying the current file level. Right now it says "Current product Version V1.1.8 / JAN-31-2024"

If this is newer than your current version, re-download the file by clicking the teal colored link in the product window just below.

The zip file will contain a folder named "flysimware-learjet-35a". This is the complete Learjet 35A product. If you had previously installed an earlier version, go into your Community folder and manually delete the earlier version. After deleting any prior versions, paste the "flysimware-learjet-35a" folder in your Community folder. That's all there is to it. This manual method replaces the previous automated installer.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

18 hours ago, GACSavannah said:

UPDATED Update Instructions:

Yesterday I responded to Mac44's request on how to update the Lear 35A. As a result of the (FALSE Positive) Defender warnings, they have changed the process at least for now. Rather than identify the differences, I will start over here with new instructions on updating the file. Please note that I have NO association with the developer, I was simply attempting to answer a fellow users question yesterday, and feel I should update that previous answer with the current correct information...

Updated update directions:

You want to go into your Flysimware account, and select "Order History and Downloads". On the right side of the purchase click the Details/Downloads link. When the Order Details page opens scroll down to "Order Details", where you will see ">> Download Information", and below that you will see  "Start Download", Download Info", "Contact Page", and "Learjet 35A MSFS". To the right of the "Learjet 35A MSFS" you will see a note specifying the current file level. Right now it says "Current product Version V1.1.8 / JAN-31-2024"

If this is newer than your current version, re-download the file by clicking the teal colored link in the product window just below.

The zip file will contain a folder named "flysimware-learjet-35a". This is the complete Learjet 35A product. If you had previously installed an earlier version, go into your Community folder and manually delete the earlier version. After deleting any prior versions, paste the "flysimware-learjet-35a" folder in your Community folder. That's all there is to it. This manual method replaces the previous automated installer.

thanks - just to clarify!

1)there is not way to make these updates automated?

2)essentially for the newest version its reverted to a manual process with no installer (which I understand) - but for me with an older version of the learjet can I just remove the learjet file from the community folder or should I find and delete using the add/remove programs? (before manually dropping in the new file into the community folder?)

Edited by mac44

2 hours ago, mac44 said:

can I just remove the learjet file from the community folder or should I find and delete using the add/remove programs? (before manually dropping in the new file into the community folder?)

The instructions in the Lear update zip file simply say to "remove the old version", didn't say to uninstall, so I just deleted the old Lear version from the Community folder. Have not seen any problems as a result.

Al

Edited by ark

7 hours ago, ark said:

The instructions in the Lear update zip file simply say to "remove the old version", didn't say to uninstall, so I just deleted the old Lear version from the Community folder. Have not seen any problems as a result.

Al

I have done the same, also with no apparent ill result.

I hope that everyone else is enjoying the plane as much as I am. I was an AP Mechanic on the Lears for Clay Lacy in Van Nuys Ca back in the late 1980's, and this has brought back so many memories 🙂

• Like 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

=================
Learjet 35A Early Access V1.2.2
03-4-2024
=================

Updates:

1. Both pilot and copilot HSI DME LCD screens will show some brightness when the LCD brightness knob control is at a max low setting.
2. The heads up display cams now shows all gauges. 
3. Loading on runway now sets the elevator trim to 6.2 degrees up and the heads-up display now matches.
4. Major flight dynamics update. Rich the Learjet 35A instructor volunteered over 100 hours tuning the parasite drag, induced drag, Mach drag, fuel burn, ITT's, flaps drag, gear drag and N1 turbine for real world accuracy.  
5. Recalibrated the interior AOA animation and overall system including the stall warning annunciators and audio. 
6. Recalibrated the exterior AOA vain animation. When below 30 knots the vain is full in the down position.

Texture Updates:

1. Paint-kit is done and all exterior livery UV's are finished.  
2. All the exterior chrome now have a very sharp detailed edges.
3. More updates on the main cabin door for mesh and textures.
4. Cockpit curtain handle is now has a wood texture. 

NOTE: The seatbelts update coming soon!

Bugs:

1. Adding less than 50% fuel to tip tanks after first loading flight would gravity feed to wings when it should not. Fixed.
2. Elevator trim control on yokes were backwards and is now fixed.

New Feature:

1. Tablet now includes a new options page that uses the save state feature. This will remember your settings. 
2. Added 'fuel save state' option to the tablet options page.
3. Added 'Standard/Metric' units option to the tablet options page.
4. Added 'Quantity/weight' fuel option to the tablet options page.
5. Added 'Payload Sync' to the tablet options page.
6. Moved 'Show Passengers' to the tablet options page.
7. Moved 'sound clackers' to the tablet options page.
8. The tablet got a major overall code update and a new theme too. 

=================
```

On 2/1/2024 at 11:30 PM, GACSavannah said:

If this is newer than your current version,

How can you tell your current version? Is it in the name of the installer file? 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

How can you tell your current version? Is it in the name of the installer file? 

No.

Look in the Changelog file in the INFO folder which is part of the Lear's update download. Current Lear Early Access ver is 1.2.8.

BTW, the Flysimware Discord is the best source for the latest information on Flysimware planes. I also try to keep this post up to date. 

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1