Sign in to follow this  
Butch1

Animated flags in SODE

spacer.png

11 hours ago, tgycgijoes said:

Thank you for helping Butch.  Can't explain why the poles are missing from the lights at the airport because they are part of the model in ModelConverter and the texture is in the texture folder. Even though they have been converted to native P3DV4.4 bgl so I just figure they are just not compatible only an FSX item and removed them from the parking lot which is all they were there for.  Also, the gray pole is a moot point because the windsock has been replaced with a new one with the pole mdl and the windsock mdl in the simobject folder in the latest and last download I am providing from a photo I discovered at the real airport.

The poles do show in  P3D4.5 but not in 5.4 - strange. You can see the tip of the lamp just above the tail of the aircraft pictured with no pole showing below it.

Edited by Butch1

16 hours ago, Rogen said:

Hi Stan,

Simconnect msi installers can be found in the path below,

~\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\
where ~\ indicates the path you've chosen to install P3D.

e.g. for mine it's "H:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\redist\Interface\"

Each msi installer will be located within a "lib" folder for each version of simconnect.

Cheers

Thanks.  Where can I see proof that SimConnect is installed on my computer after downloading it?

6 hours ago, Butch1 said:

The poles do show in  P3D4.5 but not in 5.4 - strange. You can see the tip of the lamp just above the tail of the aircraft pictured with no pole showing below it.

The poles don't show for myself in 4.5.14, perhaps the archive is incomplete.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

17 minutes ago, spilok said:

Thanks.  Where can I see proof that SimConnect is installed on my computer after downloading it?

As per @Rogen 's post on the previous page :-

Here...

13 minutes ago, spilok said:

Where can I see proof that SimConnect is installed on my computer after downloading it?

Downloading ?

You'd run the msi files to install the various English sim connects from their location within P3D on your local drive.

Then you can check in either Windows Settings / App & Features or Programs and Features and filter by simc.

Programs and Features is available from a link on the right hand side of Apps & Features, you might need to expand the App & Features window to see the link.

The pic I provided is from Programs and Features as it is a more compact table and includes additional options for viewing and sorting.

App & Features is more the dumbed down fat finger version of Programs and Features MS is pushing nowdays.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

On 2/5/2024 at 9:08 PM, Rogen said:

Sure, nice airport.

I've found both the P3D logging to be helpful in developement and troubleshooting various P3D issues, with SODE logging helpful for this particular problem.

I reworked the SODE stuff, basically renamed the folders and edited the config files, more about consistency for troubleshooting, like below.

SimObjects\
SODE_KPLN_EC_FLAG
SODE_KPLN_EC_FLAG_STILL
SODE_KPLN_MI_FLAG
SODE_KPLN_MI_FLAG_STILL
SODE_KPLN_US_FLAG
SODE_KPLN_US_FLAG_STILL
SODE_KPLN_WINDSOCK

Then edited and resaved the various sim.cfg and the control xml files, again it was more about consistency for troubleshooting.

All seems good for the flags, I can email you a zip of the SODE files if you like (PM me with your email address).

Cheers

Flags no wind - I've also repositioned them.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Flags flapping in the breeze, note the far lodge flag is also flapping.

What is that round gauge in the upper left corner shown in your images?

22 hours ago, Butch1 said:

What is that round gauge in the upper left corner shown in your images?

That gauge is  Real Trim.

It's a trimming gauge where you fly the aircraft to whatever rate of climb / decent or level flight and hit a trim button - aircraft controls then trim automaticaly, you can also adjust the trim gauge with the mouse wheel.

Atm it's inop as I've changed my joystick and haven't yet gotten around to reconfiguring.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen

Hey @Butch1 & @tgycgijoes,

Using the new files from the SOH thread and the new link I've cobbled together the following as an SODE package, it's been a bit of a bumpy road working out what files are relevent given the number of potential download links for various updates, but that said... all looks to be working well.

I did find a need for the following additional files which were in the download archive named "KPLN Update Feb 10 2024.zip"

• KPLN_ADEP4HS_RRL.bgl
  • KPLN_ADEP4HS_RRL_CVX.bgl
  • KPLN_ADEP4HS_RRL_GP.bgl
  • segmented circle complete.BGL

I've emailed the SODE archive to Butch versioned as 1.2.1, I assume he has your email address and can pass it on to yourself.

Happy to follow up on any questions.

Cheers

SODE_KPLN_WINDSOCK1.xml has the new changes.

spacer.png

spacer.png

For windsocks 2~5 I kept the Red & White pole given they don't have a circular marker, I felt it looked better but can be easily changed in the windsock xml by updating the pole model reference.

spacer.png

And of course the flags are all still in place and still functional.

Edited by Rogen

Hi @tgycgijoes,

Change at Butch1's request for reposition of the sock on the orange pole in keeping with the real life position.

<!-- Windspeed range dependent display of different model animations -->
    <!-- Wind Direction driven rotation -->
    <SimObject Name="Windsock">
        <Placement Lat="45.56939219" Lon="-84.79003796" Alt="-3.5#AGL" Hdg="0.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="CB_Windsock_Still_RD_LM">
            <VariableDrivenRotation Variable="WindDirection" Axis="HEADING" Animated="No"/>
            <ConditionalVisibility Variable="WindSpeed" Value="0-4"/>
        </Model>

Butch1 has the archive (if you don't already have it).

Cheers