Sign in to follow this  
sonny147

msi utility v3

Is anyone still using this , is it still relevant for MSFS in  2024 , was thinking about installing it again after 18 months or so forgetting about ? lol

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

6 minutes ago, tjrush said:

What is it?

have a look at this , BUT be aware this video is a year old now and may not be relevant now  , it may not be relevant to everyone anyway , but a decent free tweak non the less 

ROG Crossair Hero X670e , 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM  6000 ( allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz ( allegedly ) TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

i was only asking because i now have a MSI board now ( first time ever ) and just wondered 

11 hours ago, sonny147 said:

Is anyone still using this , is it still relevant for MSFS in  2024 , was thinking about installing it again after 18 months or so forgetting about ? lol

Just check system info in the NVCP. If IRQ is not used, you don't need it:

image.png

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

ah ok thanks

31 minutes ago, patrice_bambou said:

Hi,

What does the IRQ setting do?

Thanks.

In short, with MSI mode you have lower latencies and it is preferrable to IRQ mode when possible.

Long explanation: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-line-based-vs-message-signaled-based-interrupts-msi-tool.378044/

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

16 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

In short, with MSI mode you have lower latencies and it is preferrable to IRQ mode when possible.

Long explanation: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-line-based-vs-message-signaled-based-interrupts-msi-tool.378044/

In your opinion, does it make any meaningful difference to performance?

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I don't have an opinion on this tweak but I have tried it and on a MSi motherboard with a 3080ti, there was no difference.

My opinion is that, as mentioned already and as is always the case, it will work miracles for some and not for others.

If it's interesting enough, each camp will come to the table to argue that theirs is the only true way.

Edited by Reader
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Reader said:

I don't have an opinion on this tweak but I have tried it and on a MSi motherboard with a 3080ti, there was no difference.

My opinion is that, as mentioned already and as is always the case, it will work miracles for some and not for others.

If it's interesting enough, each camp will come to the table to argue that theirs is the only true way.

It depends on the situation, for messed up systems with many peripherals it can resolve IRQ sharing issues and conflicts but for a standard modern PC it makes no difference.

On 3000+ series, IRQ-less mode is set by default anyway, on 2000 series it's not and can be set with the MSI utility.

• Like 1

oh i wished i knew what you talking about !! lol 🥴

4 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

oh i wished i knew what you talking about !! lol 🥴

Going back to your first post, I see that you were asking about the tweak's relevance to MSFS 2024.
In that case, you are in good company, because none of us have any idea what we are talking about
in respect of a flight simulator that has not yet been released.

2 minutes ago, Reader said:

Going back to your first post, I see that you were asking about the tweak's relevance to MSFS 2024.
In that case, you are in good company, because none of us have any idea what we are talking about
in respect of a flight simulator that has not yet been released.

please read it again, it was " MSFS IN 2024" not MSFS 2024 !😉

2 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

please read it again, it was " MSFS IN 2024" not MSFS 2024 !😉

So sorry, MSFS 2020 in 2024, or MSFS 2024 in 2024, must brush up on my numeracy. 😁

• Like 1