Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Is it me or does the HJET need an update after WU16

Took the HJET up for a flight last night after awhile of not using it.  I noticed one side of the WT displays can't be toggled meaning you can't highlight the right side of the display to manage right side (talking the whole center display here to the PFD's for the pilot and copilot).  You have to toggle the left partition using only the left lower screen toggle switch (right doesn't work) to manage the right screen when you have the split screen option chosen.  I hope this makes since.🥺  Another thing I noticed now is AT can't keep speed.  It hunts for the speed when it's activated which produces wild speed adjustments in climb.  I see the Cirrus Jet just got updated now they need to do the same with the Handa Jet.  Anyone else seeing this?😶

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I’m not sure I completely understand your issue, but are you aware that you can select two different versions of the plane? There is a light version where the displays are mirrored and a full version where you can set them individually. 

Jack

Edited by jschaper
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, jschaper said:

I’m not sure I completely understand your issue, but are you aware that you can select two different versions of the plane? There is a light version where the displays are mirrored and a full version where you can set them individually. 

Jack

How do you select the different versions?  Also do you have AT speed hunting in flight. 

FS2020 

The different versions are available in the aircraft selection window. Half of them have Light in the name, the other ones don’t. The AT does not perform well, I agree. I switched it off the last time I flew it. 

Why should anything change in systems behaviour after a World Update? That makes no sense at all.

5 hours ago, Dillon said:

Took the HJET up for a flight last night after awhile of not using it.  I noticed one side of the WT displays can't be toggled meaning you can't highlight the right side of the display to manage right side (talking the whole center display here to the PFD's for the pilot and copilot).  You have to toggle the left partition using only the left lower screen toggle switch (right doesn't work) to manage the right screen when you have the split screen option chosen.  I hope this makes since.🥺  Another thing I noticed now is AT can't keep speed.  It hunts for the speed when it's activated which produces wild speed adjustments in climb.  I see the Cirrus Jet just got updated now they need to do the same with the Handa Jet.  Anyone else seeing this?😶

Dillon,
You are loading tghe Hjet with a "lite" livery.  The lite liveries mirror the left and right PFDs to save resources. They are intended for thouse users who have systems constraints, such as older less powerful systems and some versions of the xBox. Scroll down in the list of liveries to get beyond the lite versions.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Dillon,
You are loading tghe Hjet with a "lite" livery.  The lite liveries mirror the left and right PFDs to save resources. They are intended for thouse users who have systems constraints, such as older less powerful systems and some versions of the xBox. Scroll down in the list of liveries to get beyond the lite versions.

Got it, thanks.🍺 

How's the AT working for you?  Mine hunts for speed wildly at times trying to find the right speed.

FS2020 

47 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Why should anything change in systems behaviour after a World Update? That makes no sense at all.

Very true but Asobo throws in updates behind the scenes with everything they release. They don't always list them.  I don't know when the problem I'm seeing with the AT started as I haven't flown this plane since well before the last Sim Update.  I do remember there's wasn't a problem with the AT.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Just now, Dillon said:

Got it, thanks.🍺 

How's the AT working for you?  Mine hunts for speed wildly at times trying to find the right speed.

I've logged over 600  Hjet hours to-date and have not experienced that. Perhaps a setting for one of your controls is conflicting.  Also check your VNAV settings.  GTC, Flight Plan, VNAV.  Make sure your Cruise entry is set to 0.71M or less.  I typically cruise at 0.69M.  Also check your FLC ROC.  Should be set between 195 knots (faster climb) and 210 knots (factory standard).

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

27 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I don't know when the problem I'm seeing with the AT started as I haven't flown this plane since well before the last Sim Update.

Autothrottle, logic, and control loops are implemented entirely aircraft-side with all G3000/5000 aircraft. As a result, sim updates would not affect any change in these systems.

3 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Autothrottle, logic, and control loops are implemented entirely aircraft-side with all G3000/5000 aircraft. As a result, sim updates would not affect any change in these systems.

O.k., let's make this simple...  Something changed as the original incarnation of the MSFS HJet didn't have this problem.😶

FS2020 

6 minutes ago, Dillon said:

O.k., let's make this simple...  Something changed on my side as the original incarnation of the MSFS HJet didn't have this problem.😶

There - I fixed it  you 😉

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

3 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

There - I fixed it  you 😉

Well that's the crux of my question.  Am I the only one seeing the issue with the AT (it appears I'm not).  Is the auto throttle stable for you?😗

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

3 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Is the auto throttle stable for you?

Haven't flown the HJEt since December. AT was stable as a rock.

• Like 1

Just now, Farlis said:

Haven't flown the HJEt since December. AT was stable as a rock.

Great, when you get a chance try it and check back in to let us know.  Then we'll know for sure your solution above that it's just me can be validated.😏

I'm just trying to get valid feedback and not snarky one liners from those that aren't even flying the aircraft at this time..😎

• Like 1

FS2020