Sign in to follow this  
diajohn

X-Touch Mini

My X-touch Mini will no longer function after Windows 11 updated my Net Framework yesterday..  It is recognized as a Midi device but when I try to add or use any of the functions, it does not work.  Anyone else having a problem with theirs?

MSFS 1.13.2.0

Help

John

It does show.  Apparently the .Net update broke something.  And I don't find any method to roll back the update.

Edited by diajohn

make sure that your pc has been restarted. If the system goes to sleep, the midi device will not "awaken". In AOO, the midi is recognized but nothing functions. After a fresh restart, all is fine.

Thanks but it changes nothing.  The device is awake, its is just not accepting input from AAO nor do previous inputs now output to the simulator.  AAO is otherwise working as it should from other devices such as my Alpha and Bravo and an Axair Miap.  Checked drivers and have done other changes without it working for the X-Touch.

Its a mystery so far.

John

Edited by diajohn

Did you reset the XT to factory defaults? Just in case?
Unplug the device, press and hold Layer A&B buttons. Put the plug back in and keep holding the two buttons down until all the buttons stop blinking.

Also check the MIDI In and Out IDs if they have been changed (on the dialog that shows the MIDI devices in AAO). If the device now has new IDs, none of your existing buttons will work, but you should still be able to create new ones. Not that I've ever heard of something like this to happen, the MIDI Ids are normally pretty consistent. But they can change - theoretically.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

No joy and AAO does not auto-start with MSFS even thought it is checked to do so.

19 minutes ago, diajohn said:

No joy

Can you please be more specific? This statement doesn't get anyone anywhere. What did you do, and what was the result? What are the MIDI IDs of the device, are they the same as in your assignments, can you create new button assignments or not, etc.

17 hours ago, diajohn said:

but when I try to add or use any of the functions, it does not work

What does this mean exactly, how does the problem manifest itself? Is AAO not seeing the MIDI button/turn input when you assign a button or when you actuate an existing button? Is the input recognized but the outgoing event does not fire? What exactly is happening??

But to be completely honest, I have no clue whatsoever. This has never happened before to anybody in 7 years of AAO (except for the items that I've listed above, like incorrect MIDI IDs or the device being stuck internally)

19 minutes ago, diajohn said:

and AAO does not auto-start with MSFS even thought it is checked to do so.

There can be several reasons for this, IMO this has nothing whatsoever to do with your MIDI problem. Broken or incorrect exe.xml in MSFS? (we are talking about MSFS, right? You didn't say what simulator and aircraft you are using). Missing Adminsitrator privileges?

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

When, I try to assign a function such as heading increase/decrease on any aircraft with an X-touch rotary, it does not register(see the action).   With the AAO Hardware dropdown it shows the X-touch on both panels.  Using other devices it works as designed to assign functions.  Everything was good until Thursday/Friday when Windows updated along with an update for .NET.  

I suspect the .Net update is the culprit here but have no idea how to get around it.  I posted here to see if anyone else has seen this issue and seek a solution if so.  I will keep poking around and hopefully find out what Microsoft has done to this.  

John

1 minute ago, diajohn said:

I suspect the .Net update is the culprit here

No. Then it would have stopped working for everyone. Mine is still working fine, I checked and updated Win 11 just this morning.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

3 minutes ago, diajohn said:

, it does not register(see the action).

Again: you mean that it doesn't write the turn action from the X-Touch into the "Assigned button/key" box and the XT is also not shown in the "Device:" combo after you turned the encoder?  But you can see the device in "Hardware->Show MIDI Devices" ?

(Remember, you just open the Add dialog and turn the encoder, you do not preselect the Device in the Combo (because it will not be there).)

LORBY-SI

Weird. Doesn't make any sense at all. MIDI devices are enabled in the Hardware menu, I trust?

Anything in the AAO Startup or error logs pointing at MIDI?

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\LorbyAxisAndOhsMSFS

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

The important part   

2/11/2024 10:09:30 AM.458 : Device acquisition completed
2/11/2024 10:09:30 AM.488 : MIDI IN device found 1 X-TOUCH MINI
2/11/2024 10:09:30 AM.556 : MIDI IN device initialized 1 X-TOUCH MINI
2/11/2024 10:09:30 AM.557 : MIDI OUT device found 2 Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
2/11/2024 10:09:30 AM.663 : MIDI OUT device initialized 2 Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
2/11/2024 10:09:30 AM.664 : MIDI OUT device found 3 X-TOUCH MINI
2/11/2024 10:09:30 AM.664 : MIDI OUT device initialized 3 X-TOUCH MINI
2/11/2024 10:09:30 AM.698 : Running As Administrator, Web FIPs enabled
2/11/2024 10:09:30 AM.724 : SimConnect established