Sign in to follow this  
scmtech

New User PMDG 737 Questions (MSFS)

Hello MCE community and support team.

I am a new user to MCE. I was recommended to check out the forums, and I have been searching and reviewed many of the “beginner” posts, but I still had a few questions for flows I am trying to build in MCE.

1. I was working on building and testing custom flows. I wanted to complete a command in the flow where the FO toggles the Flight Recorder switch to test and then back to the normal and guarded position. I know there is a “test CVR” command, but that command is for the cockpit voice recorder on the forward overhead (push green test switch). I am trying to test the Flight Recorder as shown in the screenshot on the AFT overhead.

spacer.png

2. I noticed when running some of the commands for some of the guarded switches are being opened to set them to what would be their normal guarded position. I added them to my flow as making sure they are in the guarded position is part of the flow - and ideally I would want to check this - so if it were not the case it would be put back to the correct position. These included the alternate flaps, standby power, and bus transfer switches (screenshot below). Is there a way that if a switch is already set in correct position, that the guard will not being opened?
spacer.png

3. In relation to the last question, I also wanted to check the alternate flaps position switch to the right of the guarded arm switch, to make sure it is set to off and not in the up position (down should “spring load” back to off).

4. Is there a way to check a variable or value of a gauge or a switches position within a MCE flow (not necessarily an checklist) and if it is out of bounds alert the user? I am imagining a potential failure case - where an annunciator is illuminated, a gauge is above or below a certain value, etc. Examples: Landing gear down - 3 green, Crew oxygen > x psi, oil level, hydraulic quantity, ac/dc voltmeters within range, etc. Some flows call for checking such instances, so it would be nice to be able to handle this through MCE.

5. Is there any way to have a condition for a step based on another value / switch etc. - or script such a case? One example use case would be - if there is fuel in the center tanks - turn on the center pumps. Conversely, it would also be nice to automatically have the FO shut off the center tank pumps when they are empty (low pressure lights illuminated) - maybe this happens already and I just haven’t experienced it yet? Another example use case I thought of is checking the flaps position to the flaps lever and correcting a disagreement (example: aircraft is de-energized during cockpit preparation - flaps indicate 5, but lever is set to 0, FO sets the flap lever to 5). I realize these might be more complicated use cases.

6. In the flow I was building I noticed a weird issue where duplicates were being added to the drop down list to the available completed task statements. I tried removing all of these items and saving but when I returned to this menu they were back. Screenshot below for reference.

spacer.png

7. I was going through the various lists of tests in the drop down, I did see an option for the master lights switch test, but I could not find an option to perform a test for the CPT or FO side AP, A/T, FMC indicator lights (set test to 1, set test to 2). Is there a command for this? Screenshot below for reference.
spacer.png

8. When I was going through and testing, I tried to command an engine start via speaking “start engine two”. The FO then prompted me to confirm start. I tried various commands “yes, confirm, etc.” but I could not get the FO to begin the engine start via voice. I was able to use the “button” commands to select the start process through the drop down, and the FO went through the start process. How do I command the engine start via voice commands? As a note, I have completed the various recommended voice training processes.

9. In one of my test flights, I was testing a few of the flaps commands and the FO would announce “speed checked flaps __”, however there were several test instances where I was significantly above the maximum deployment speed for these settings. Does the FO in MCE check speeds?

Sorry for the extensive list of questions, but I thought it would be better to prepare a comprehensive list versus several different posts. Thank you in advanced for assistance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scmtech said:

the “beginner” posts,

😒

for now, cheers

john martin

On 2/13/2024 at 5:09 AM, scmtech said:

I am a new user to MCE. I was recommended to check out the forums, and I have been searching and reviewed many of the “beginner” posts, but I still had a few questions for flows I am trying to build in MCE.

First, welcome aboard.

You're already advanced user. Will get back to you on various items gradually.

I start with item 6

While this weird behavior was reported more than a year ago, it should have been fixed. Normally, no identical string should be added as MCE checks the content of the listbox first. But then you never know when non-English Windows setups are involved when string comparison doesn't yield the same result based on system locale. I assume you're on English Windows.

For now, you could trim them as follows.

Go to \My Documents\Multi Crew Experience\Myvoicescripts\Copilot\Aircraft\PMDG B737 MSFS\

Open each flow in Notepad (do not use fancy tools like Notepad++ or complex editors as they may introduce invisible characters or change the file format).

You'll easily find the duplicates. Just get rid of them.

You may want to read this thread as well

New User Questions - The Multi-Crew Experience (MCE) Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

Edited by FS++
  • Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 5:09 AM, scmtech said:

Sorry for the delay

1. I was working on building and testing custom flows. I wanted to complete a command in the flow where the FO toggles the Flight Recorder switch to test and then back to the normal and guarded position. I know there is a “test CVR” command, but that command is for the cockpit voice recorder on the forward overhead (push green test switch). I am trying to test the Flight Recorder as shown in the screenshot on the AFT overhead.

This will be looked at and if required new commands will be created to control that item

spacer.png

2. I noticed when running some of the commands for some of the guarded switches are being opened to set them to what would be their normal guarded position. I added them to my flow as making sure they are in the guarded position is part of the flow - and ideally I would want to check this - so if it were not the case it would be put back to the correct position. These included the alternate flaps, standby power, and bus transfer switches (screenshot below). Is there a way that if a switch is already set in correct position, that the guard will not being opened?

It's just the Fo is showing off. To show you that he is checking items are in the correct state and not just toggling them.

Besides, it's usually captain duty and you could just remove those actions from the flow.

spacer.png

3. In relation to the last question, I also wanted to check the alternate flaps position switch to the right of the guarded arm switch, to make sure it is set to off and not in the up position (down should “spring load” back to off).

Not sure which switch you're referring to. The ALTN Flaps ARm switch or the one used to extend/retract them in abnormal situations.

4. Is there a way to check a variable or value of a gauge or a switches position within a MCE flow (not necessarily an checklist) and if it is out of bounds alert the user? I am imagining a potential failure case - where an annunciator is illuminated, a gauge is above or below a certain value, etc. Examples: Landing gear down - 3 green, Crew oxygen > x psi, oil level, hydraulic quantity, ac/dc voltmeters within range, etc. Some flows call for checking such instances, so it would be nice to be able to handle this through MCE.

Nope, not possible. But you could add pauses whereby he suspends execution of the flow until you tell him to continue. Or abort if you notice you don't have the conditions to continue.

5. Is there any way to have a condition for a step based on another value / switch etc. - or script such a case? One example use case would be - if there is fuel in the center tanks - turn on the center pumps. Conversely, it would also be nice to automatically have the FO shut off the center tank pumps when they are empty (low pressure lights illuminated) - maybe this happens already and I just haven’t experienced it yet? Another example use case I thought of is checking the flaps position to the flaps lever and correcting a disagreement (example: aircraft is de-energized during cockpit preparation - flaps indicate 5, but lever is set to 0, FO sets the flap lever to 5). I realize these might be more complicated use cases.

This was requested a few times. We have decided against it because while we might make 50 users super happy, we would alienate the rest of the community with people wrongly getting the impression that MCE is for programmers.  It's already niche market as it is

We want to keep it simple, with speech being the only requirement. Even Voxscript should have been named "VoxFlow" because some people assume script means programming something.

6. In the flow I was building I noticed a weird issue where duplicates were being added to the drop down list to the available completed task statements. I tried removing all of these items and saving but when I returned to this menu they were back. Screenshot below for reference.

spacer.png

Already answered

7. I was going through the various lists of tests in the drop down, I did see an option for the master lights switch test, but I could not find an option to perform a test for the CPT or FO side AP, A/T, FMC indicator lights (set test to 1, set test to 2). Is there a command for this? Screenshot below for reference.
spacer.png

Initially, we got the Fo to do those on Captain side. Then after feedback from users, we switched it to Fo side. He won't touch yours and there are no specific speech commands that would differentiate between left side and right side. Technically possible, but would rather not, becase we support so many planes, it would mean doing it for iFly 737 MAX and other 737s

8. When I was going through and testing, I tried to command an engine start via speaking “start engine two”. The FO then prompted me to confirm start. I tried various commands “yes, confirm, etc.” but I could not get the FO to begin the engine start via voice. I was able to use the “button” commands to select the start process through the drop down, and the FO went through the start process. How do I command the engine start via voice commands? As a note, I have completed the various recommended voice training processes.

While there is a prompt (as always) for anything critical, once you confirm with "yes", "affirmative", "affirm", "go ahead", "do it", "definitely" and a million other variations, it should happen. You got up to 10 seconds to confirm. By default if you keep silent during that period, it means "No, ignore last command"

9. In one of my test flights, I was testing a few of the flaps commands and the FO would announce “speed checked flaps __”, however there were several test instances where I was significantly above the maximum deployment speed for these settings. Does the FO in MCE check speeds?

He definitely checks the first extension for blow out or damaging speed which he gets from a reference file assigned to the plane.

As with specific detents, he does it with AIrbus types that have simple detents 1, 2, 3,4

I don't think he does for the other majority of supported planes. It can be added for PMDG 737 if users want it. 

Sorry for the extensive list of questions, but I thought it would be better to prepare a comprehensive list versus several different posts. Thank you in advanced for assistance.

It's OK, we always welcome feedback and suggestions.

Answers embedded in your post.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

Answers embedded in your post.

Thank you for the reply and details.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:03 AM, FS++ said:

You'll easily find the duplicates. Just get rid of them.

This worked, found them.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

This will be looked at and if required new commands will be created to control that item

Great, thank you.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

Not sure which switch you're referring to. The ALTN Flaps ARm switch or the one used to extend/retract them in abnormal situations.

The ALTN Flaps, toggle on the right. It is included in the flow, just to make sure it is not in the Up position (since it can only be at UP or OFF since it is spring loaded back to OFF from the DOWN position). My use case for these checks (including the guarded items I mentioned), is if you used a saved panel state and had a non-normal procedure and it was not set back to the OFF position. I understand that many of these are edge cases.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

Initially, we got the Fo to do those on Captain side. Then after feedback from users, we switched it to Fo side. He won't touch yours and there are no specific speech commands that would differentiate between left side and right side. Technically possible, but would rather not, becase we support so many planes, it would mean doing it for iFly 737 MAX and other 737s

Sorry, can you clarify, is there any implementation of this currently for the FO side? If so, can you please let me know what command this should be? Thanks.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

We want to keep it simple, with speech being the only requirement. Even Voxscript should have been named "VoxFlow" because some people assume script means programming something.

Understand, I was wondering if there maybe was some way to manually script, even if it would be in a file and not via the UI.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

While there is a prompt (as always) for anything critical, once you confirm with "yes", "affirmative", "affirm", "go ahead", "do it", "definitely" and a million other variations, it should happen. You got up to 10 seconds to confirm. By default if you keep silent during that period, it means "No, ignore last command"

Weird, I was confirming immediately after the FO prompted for me to confirm start.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

I don't think he does for the other majority of supported planes. It can be added for PMDG 737 if users want it. 

👍

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

It's OK, we always welcome feedback and suggestions.

Great to hear. Thanks once again.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:11 AM, scmtech said:

Thank you for the reply and details.

This worked, found them.

Great, thank you.

The ALTN Flaps, toggle on the right. It is included in the flow, just to make sure it is not in the Up position (since it can only be at UP or OFF since it is spring loaded back to OFF from the DOWN position). My use case for these checks (including the guarded items I mentioned), is if you used a saved panel state and had a non-normal procedure and it was not set back to the OFF position. I understand that many of these are edge cases.

spacer.png

Sorry, can you clarify, is there any implementation of this currently for the FO side? If so, can you please let me know what command this should be? Thanks.

Understand, I was wondering if there maybe was some way to manually script, even if it would be in a file and not via the UI.

Weird, I was confirming immediately after the FO prompted for me to confirm start.

👍

Great to hear. Thanks once again.

If you're on Ultimate or MSFS edition, get the patch for your relevant edition here:

Patches - The Multi-Crew Experience (MCE) Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

Unless it's the PMDG 737 specific edition in which case you need to contact support.

In latest V3.0.7.0

The spring loaded switch in picture above is now automatically set to OFF (middle) when FO checks the switch state.

The flight data recorder switch can now be controlled via voice or a flow. Use any of these commands

check flight data recorder

test fdr

data recorder check

...there are many more speech variations

As for testable items on FO main front panel, here they are

check annunciator lights

check autopilot disengaged lights

In general to request an item to be check you either start OR end the command with "check", "verify", "test", "please check", "please verify", "please test", "please have a look at

test squibs

verify overspeed warning

stall warning check

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 12:39 PM, FS++ said:

The spring loaded switch in picture above is now automatically set to OFF (middle) when FO checks the switch state.

Cool, I tested this and it works in combination with the "alternate flaps selector switch off" command

The flight data recorder switch can now be controlled via voice or a flow. Use any of these commands

check flight data recorder

test fdr

data recorder check

Wow that was fast. Thank you for adding this command. I am observing though that the test does not seem to finish as the switch stays in the test position after commanding "check flight data recorder". I tried commanding the switch back to NORMAL via "flight data recorder normal" "fdr normal", etc. but didn't have any luck. Please let me know if I am missing something.

The procedure for the test is completed on the ground and the FLIGHT RECORDER OFF annunciator is illuminated, test by unguarding and setting the FLIGHT RECORDER switch to the TEST position. The FLIGHT RECORDER OFF annunciator should be extinguished once the switch is in the TEST position. At this point, the switch is returned to the NORMAL position and the guard is capped. In my opinion, the entire test procedure could be completed just via the "check flight data recorder" command.

As for testable items on FO main front panel, here they are

check annunciator lights

check autopilot disengaged lights

Thanks for this info, these commands are working as expected.

17 hours ago, scmtech said:

Cool, I tested this and it works in combination with the "alternate flaps selector switch off" command

Wow that was fast. Thank you for adding this command. I am observing though that the test does not seem to finish as the switch stays in the test position after commanding "check flight data recorder". I tried commanding the switch back to NORMAL via "flight data recorder normal" "fdr normal", etc. but didn't have any luck. Please let me know if I am missing something.

The procedure for the test is completed on the ground and the FLIGHT RECORDER OFF annunciator is illuminated, test by unguarding and setting the FLIGHT RECORDER switch to the TEST position. The FLIGHT RECORDER OFF annunciator should be extinguished once the switch is in the TEST position. At this point, the switch is returned to the NORMAL position and the guard is capped. In my opinion, the entire test procedure could be completed just via the "check flight data recorder" command.

Thanks for this info, these commands are working as expected.

You're welcome.

I assume you manually replaced all files, including "mce.exe", "Simco64_Ldr.exe" and speech grammar files in \CandC\ folder

In current implementation, as a reaction to "check flight data recorder" command he switches FDR to test, waits for 4 seconds, then puts it back on. No need for a separate command to bring it to normal. You can even set the guard and switch to random positions and he should be able to do the switching correctly.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:13 AM, FS++ said:

I assume you manually replaced all files, including "mce.exe", "Simco64_Ldr.exe" and speech grammar files in \CandC\ folder

In current implementation, as a reaction to "check flight data recorder" command he switches FDR to test, waits for 4 seconds, then puts it back on. No need for a separate command to bring it to normal. You can even set the guard and switch to random positions and he should be able to do the switching correctly.

TLDR; If your switches are working, but not quite as expected check that your "fsuipc-lvar-module" is in your community folder. Maybe I missed this in the documentation 🤦‍♂️

My issue was the virtual FO was setting the switch to the test position, but unfortunately the switch was not being returned to the NORMAL position. I re-applied the patch again today just to confirm and re-tested - no luck. 

Then, I also tried a complete uninstall, and a fresh install of the patch - including removing the Multi Crew Experience folder within the Documents folder and the mce.ini file. Still no luck. The About tab of the app indicated I am using version 3.0.70.

Then I reviewed the log Simco64_Ldr.log file in %appdata%\Multi Crew Experience:

Config data requested...
Config data requested...
server wasm module not responding. Trying again
Config data requested...

I noticed the the "fsuipc-lvar-module" in the \Multi Crew Experience\Support\Files\MSFS\fsuipc-lvar-module directory. I recognized the file structure as a MSFS community package,  so I copied this over to my community folder and restarted everything, tried the command again and it worked as you described. I do have a "custom" community folder path, so if this is supposed to be installed automatically - maybe that was the issue - or maybe I missed this in the docs.

Either way it is working now 🙂👍, but wanted to share in case anyone else encounters as similar issue.

Thanks again!

12 hours ago, scmtech said:

TLDR; If your switches are working, but not quite as expected check that your "fsuipc-lvar-module" is in your community folder. Maybe I missed this in the documentation 🤦‍♂️

My issue was the virtual FO was setting the switch to the test position, but unfortunately the switch was not being returned to the NORMAL position. I re-applied the patch again today just to confirm and re-tested - no luck. 

Then, I also tried a complete uninstall, and a fresh install of the patch - including removing the Multi Crew Experience folder within the Documents folder and the mce.ini file. Still no luck. The About tab of the app indicated I am using version 3.0.70.

Then I reviewed the log Simco64_Ldr.log file in %appdata%\Multi Crew Experience:

Config data requested...
Config data requested...
server wasm module not responding. Trying again
Config data requested...

I noticed the the "fsuipc-lvar-module" in the \Multi Crew Experience\Support\Files\MSFS\fsuipc-lvar-module directory. I recognized the file structure as a MSFS community package,  so I copied this over to my community folder and restarted everything, tried the command again and it worked as you described. I do have a "custom" community folder path, so if this is supposed to be installed automatically - maybe that was the issue - or maybe I missed this in the docs.

Either way it is working now 🙂👍, but wanted to share in case anyone else encounters as similar issue.

Thanks again!

Thanks for feedback.

Never delete <Multi Crew Experience> folder found in \My documents\ folder as you would be getting rid of all default pre-made flows, not to mention any customization you may have done to them

MCE interfaces the PMDG 737 ( and other PMDG planes) using their SDK.

75% of switches and dials can be read and set via the SDK.

While there are commands to toggle guards in SDK, there is no way to read their current state via the SDK. You would need to make assumptions like "ok it's down, toggle once to lift it and then a second time to close it). But if the user manually messes with those guard switches it won't be reliable

The reason it wasn't returning to normal is because the FO couldn't see the guard was lifted ( as he expected it to be so he can close it). 

There are a few vital other items that still aren't possible via the SDK like reading stab trim position so the FO can accurately position it when told "stabilizer trim five point 7 units". and that's where the module is used.

• Like 1

Thank you once again for your support and answer to my questions, I have been really enjoying working with the app so far and building flows - and am excited about the potential.

As I have been working on my flows, I have had some additional questions and a few issues I have encountered.

1. First more of a concern, rather than a question: I discovered on accident if you go to create a new flow in VoxScript, if you type the exact same name as an existing flow/script it will be overwritten immediately without any warning. It would be nice if the app could either prompt you if you wish to overwrite, or just prohibit and warn you of the name conflict. Steps to reproduce: Create a new script/flow called "Test A", edit and add a command to it, save and go back to the VoxScript Overview screen, create a new flow again called "Test A", edit the script - there are no commands present in the script.

2. In the 737 the "displays source set to auto" command does not trigger when the knob is set in the "ALL ON 1" position.
Also, the issue is the same for the "displays control panel switch to normal position" when set to the "BOTH ON 1" position.
Both are on the DISPLAYS section of the NAVGATION panel on the forward overhead.
spacer.png

2. The "bus transfer auto" command is setting the switch to off and then back to auto when it is already guarded. In this case I was expecting the FO to just open the guard check the switch was in auto and replace the guard. I also tested this when the switch was in the off and unguarded position, and the command would immediately guard the switch, open the guard again, set it to off, and then guard it back to auto. The other guarded switches do not seem to be behaving this way - they are just opening and closing the guard.

I know you mentioned before that the FO opens the guards because:

On 2/15/2024 at 3:11 PM, FS++ said:

It's just the Fo is showing off. To show you that he is checking items are in the correct state and not just toggling them.

I might be in the minority of users, but in the flows that I am replicating there are many guarded switches that the FO is responsible for checking, but maybe you could consider an additional alternate phrase for the guarded switches as a future feature such as "verify {switch name} guarded" and check against the LVAR of the guard - and if it is already guarded and in the right position, take no action. Since in terms of realism / time, in most scan flows you would not unguard a switch to verify it is already in the expected position.

spacer.png

3. The R RECIRC FAN (right recirculating fan switch on/off) commands are not working. The left recirculating fan switch on/off commands work as expected.

spacer.png

4. I have been trying to learn more about the SimBrief integration features with MCE. I was wondering if it is/would be possible for the FO to automatically set the pressurization panel based on the flight plan based on the cruise level and arrival airport elevation? I was imagining a phrase with a keyword like "set flight altitude to cruise altitude" - where "cruise altitude" is the value from the SimBrief data, and "set landing altitude to destination altitude" where "destination altitude" is the elevation value for the destination set to the nearest 50 foot increment based on SimBrief data.

spacer.png

5. Are there any commands for setting the N1 SET and SPD Ref bug selector outer knobs? I understand that the inner knobs might not be feasible to implement to set the actual bugs, but it would be nice to control the outer knobs as they are to be checked in the flow to the auto positions.

spacer.png

6. I have not found commands for the various STAB TRIM switches including the STAB TRIM MAIN ELEC NORMAL / CUT OUT and AUTO PILOT NORMAL / CUT OUT positions on the throttle quadrant. As well as the STAB TRIM OVERRIDE switch on the aft of the pedestal. Are there commands for these switches?

spacer.png spacer.png

7. The check fire squibs command only seems to be checking the #1 engine. I was expecting the test to go: hold to 1, lights illuminate, release switch and lights extinguish, hold to 2, lights illuminate, release and lights extinguish.

spacer.png

8. I know this is a convenience/novelty type feature, but would you consider a command for stowing / unstowing the sun visor(s)? I was able to observe a LVARs for visors_stow_unstar_R and visors_stow_unstow_L the value can be set to 0/1. There also visors_L_drag_h and visors_R_drag_h LVARs for positions. For me just having the FO being able to stow / unstow their side visor would be cool, and stowing it is part of a flow. This a low priority but just an idea I had.

Thanks once again for taking the time to review these.

Edited by scmtech
Typos / minor edits.

13 hours ago, scmtech said:

Thank you once again for your support and answer to my questions, I have been really enjoying working with the app so far and building flows - and am excited about the potential.

As I have been working on my flows, I have had some additional questions and a few issues I have encountered.

1. First more of a concern, rather than a question: I discovered on accident if you go to create a new flow in VoxScript, if you type the exact same name as an existing flow/script it will be overwritten immediately without any warning. It would be nice if the app could either prompt you if you wish to overwrite, or just prohibit and warn you of the name conflict. Steps to reproduce: Create a new script/flow called "Test A", edit and add a command to it, save and go back to the VoxScript Overview screen, create a new flow again called "Test A", edit the script - there are no commands present in the script.

Thanks for reporting this. Will be checked.

2. In the 737 the "displays source set to auto" command does not trigger when the knob is set in the "ALL ON 1" position.
Also, the issue is the same for the "displays control panel switch to normal position" when set to the "BOTH ON 1" position.
Both are on the DISPLAYS section of the NAVGATION panel on the forward overhead.

Will double check. Normally he switches those accurately. 

spacer.png

2. The "bus transfer auto" command is setting the switch to off and then back to auto when it is already guarded. In this case I was expecting the FO to just open the guard check the switch was in auto and replace the guard. I also tested this when the switch was in the off and unguarded position, and the command would immediately guard the switch, open the guard again, set it to off, and then guard it back to auto. The other guarded switches do not seem to be behaving this way - they are just opening and closing the guard.

I know you mentioned before that the FO opens the guards because:

I might be in the minority of users, but in the flows that I am replicating there are many guarded switches that the FO is responsible for checking, but maybe you could consider an additional alternate phrase for the guarded switches as a future feature such as "verify {switch name} guarded" and check against the LVAR of the guard - and if it is already guarded and in the right position, take no action. Since in terms of realism / time, in most scan flows you would not unguard a switch to verify it is already in the expected position.

We'll introduce a new set of commands for those guard switches.

spacer.png

3. The R RECIRC FAN (right recirculating fan switch on/off) commands are not working. The left recirculating fan switch on/off commands work as expected.

It can happen because we don't have all variants of the 737 to be able to test against as some only have a single RECIRC. Which one is this happening with? 800 series700/...

spacer.png

4. I have been trying to learn more about the SimBrief integration features with MCE. I was wondering if it is/would be possible for the FO to automatically set the pressurization panel based on the flight plan based on the cruise level and arrival airport elevation? I was imagining a phrase with a keyword like "set flight altitude to cruise altitude" - where "cruise altitude" is the value from the SimBrief data, and "set landing altitude to destination altitude" where "destination altitude" is the elevation value for the destination set to the nearest 50 foot increment based on SimBrief data.

Diallng commands cannot be scripted. Having said that, there is nothing preventing him using the Simbrief info to set it as if he received the request to do so. He can already set the FMC CDU data with command "Insert flight plan into fmc" (or many other intuitive speech variants)

spacer.png

5. Are there any commands for setting the N1 SET and SPD Ref bug selector outer knobs? I understand that the inner knobs might not be feasible to implement to set the actual bugs, but it would be nice to control the outer knobs as they are to be checked in the flow to the auto positions.

spacer.png

No, we never bothered with that rotary switch as nobody requested it. Can be done though.

6. I have not found commands for the various STAB TRIM switches including the STAB TRIM MAIN ELEC NORMAL / CUT OUT and AUTO PILOT NORMAL / CUT OUT positions on the throttle quadrant. As well as the STAB TRIM OVERRIDE switch on the aft of the pedestal. Are there commands for these switches?

spacer.png spacer.png

Try these commands...

left stab trim cutoff to override

right stabilizer trim cutout to normal

both stab trim cutout switches to override

both stabilizer trim cutoff to normal

stabilizer trim cutout switches to override

stab trim cutoff to override

stab trim cutout to normal

When commands above are given as direct commands, they require confirmation. When scripted, they are assumed to be intentional.

7. The check fire squibs command only seems to be checking the #1 engine. I was expecting the test to go: hold to 1, lights illuminate, release switch and lights extinguish, hold to 2, lights illuminate, release and lights extinguish.

spacer.png

OK, number 2 test will be added

8. I know this is a convenience/novelty type feature, but would you consider a command for stowing / unstowing the sun visor(s)? I was able to observe a LVARs for visors_stow_unstar_R and visors_stow_unstow_L the value can be set to 0/1. There also visors_L_drag_h and visors_R_drag_h LVARs for positions. For me just having the FO being able to stow / unstow their side visor would be cool, and stowing it is part of a flow. This a low priority but just an idea I had.

Should be possible to add that

Thanks once again for taking the time to review these.

You're welcome. Most of the items listed above should be implemented/sorted before the end of next week.

Answers embedded in your post above.

Thanks yet again for your support, and looking into these items and new enhancements.

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

It can happen because we don't have all variants of the 737 to be able to test against as some only have a single RECIRC. Which one is this happening with? 800 series700/...

I am flying in the 900 series in MSFS. If this is helpful, I tried binding the switch in another joystick app and it was using the "EVT_OH_BLEED_RECIRC_FAN_R_SWITCH" event. The LVAR was "switch_196_73X".

4 hours ago, FS++ said:

Try these commands...

left stab trim cutoff to override

right stabilizer trim cutout to normal

both stab trim cutout switches to override

both stabilizer trim cutoff to normal

stabilizer trim cutout switches to override

stab trim cutoff to override

stab trim cutout to normal

Thanks, using the commands you provided I was able to get the left/right, and both, as well as "stab trim" (for both) of the throttle quadrant switches to work using "normal" and "cut out", when I used the term "override" it was going to "normal" as well.

But I still cannot not figure out how to get the stab trim override switch to work though on the AFT of the pedestal (where the stab trim cutouts are working on the throttle quadrant). I'm thinking maybe the override term should apply to this override switch since the ones on the throttle quadrant are the cut out switches.

When I was testing in another joystick app it looks like the event "EVT_STAB_TRIM_OVRD_SWITCH" controls the guard position, and the "EVT_STAB_TRIM_OVRD_SWITCH_GUARD" controls the switch OVRD and NORM while the guard is open (either 0/1 values).

spacer.png

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

We'll introduce a new set of commands for those guard switches.

Very cool, thank you. If this is helpful here should be a list of most of the 737 guarded switches - I might be missing some specific ones for another variant - (I also included the clear covered guarded press switches):

• flight recorder
  • eec one on
  • eec two on
  • passenger oxygen normal (I noticed with this one it wasn't activating the switch when I tested using the on command, just opening the guard)
  • flight controls switch a
  • flight controls switch b
  • spoilers control switch a
  • spoilers control switch b
  • alternate flaps
  • master battery
  • standby power
  • drive disconnects 1/2 (I tried the disconnect generator drive one / two and these were not working / having a response)
  • bus transfer
  • emergency lights
  • gpws flaps
  • gpws gear
  • gpws terrain
  • left/right (both) stab trim cutout switches (normal position is guarded into place)
  • cargo fire disch
  • stab trim override
  • nose wheel steering (Captain's side, but thought I'd list it anyways)

I also did notice when I was working on flows this evening, that the commands for - Main Panel Display normal - commanded as "main panel du normal" and also for the lower display "lower du normal" do not appear to be working as expected (expected them to be switched to the NORM positions). Also I was wondering if these are just for the FOs side or if there is a "your lower du normal". I imagine it could just be for the FO since the captain can control their own.  If there is any additional information you want me to gather for this or any of the other items, please let me know. Thanks again.

spacer.png

On 2/23/2024 at 3:08 AM, scmtech said:

I also did notice when I was working on flows this evening, that the commands for - Main Panel Display normal - commanded as "main panel du normal" and also for the lower display "lower du normal" do not appear to be working as expected (expected them to be switched to the NORM positions). Also I was wondering if these are just for the FOs side or if there is a "your lower du normal". I imagine it could just be for the FO since the captain can control their own.  If there is any additional information you want me to gather for this or any of the other items, please let me know. Thanks again.

spacer.png

Deliberately left out because potentially disruptive, with the risk FO accidentally shifting screens on final or takeoff.

Could be secured of course as is the case for critical commands or only letting them through outside critical flight phases..

Maybe when there is nothing else to do, could be added.

Guard controls already implemented. Patch will be ready by Friday.

Edited by FS++
  • Like 1