scmtech

New User PMDG 737 Questions (MSFS)

mceV3.0.7.2  pmdg737-700

trying to get ground to remove gpu before startup, i let my TTS FO do all the talking

Notify=cockpit to ground
cockpit to ground
Pause=10
Notify=ready to disconnect gpu from the bird
ground disconnecting gpu
pause=10
Notify=ground betty blue disconnected, thanks mate
pause=5

1 hour ago, Burge said:

mceV3.0.7.2  pmdg737-700

ground disconnecting gpu

I'm not sure whether the command above is built-in. Unless you created a custom "ground disconnecting gpu" that is tied to a built-in one, should use any of those

ground diconnect ground power

ground disconnect gpu

... many other variations

Could replace "ground" with "mechanic", "ground mechanic", "ground engineer" in commands listed above.

When you create a custom flow, before adding a command, use the "Test" button to see if it's already built-in.

When it's not, you should get a red text stating something like "command doesn't appear to exist, check wording" (or something like that).

Sometimes a "s" for a plural word that isn't expected, other times a typo like "break" instead of "brake".

thanks i will keep pluging away. just one thing mate pmdg700  switch recirc fan off auto not responding

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Burge said:

thanks i will keep pluging away. just one thing mate pmdg700  switch recirc fan off auto not responding

try...

recirculating fan switch offf   (assumes it's the left recirculating fan)

left recirculating fan switch off

right recirculating fan turn on

Just don't use the "recirc" abbreviation, unless you have created such custom command (switch recirc fan off) in which case you could include it in the flow and it will be accepted..

In general the rule is item_name_to_command + optional_switch_verbiage_variation + switch_state

landing lights switch on

taxi light off

navigation lights set to off

left aircon pack switch to closed

engine one generator activate

engine one generator turn off

apu generator on/off/connect/disconnect

....etc

Some items have more flexibility added by optionally using "switch"  "set", "select" "adjust" at the beginning of te phrase

(Select) speed (bug) two five zero (knots)

(adjust) airspeed two fifty (knots)

(dial) heading (bug) three twenty (degrees)

(make) (the) altitude seven thousand (feet)

Words between parenthesis are optional

The speech grammars haven't been built in a year or two.

It took more than a decade of continuous refinement to bring them to this level. And it's not just adding sentences to a file.

Every time you add new commands you run the risk of getting speech engine confused with existing similarly sounding commands.

Therefore, you add some, test, then wait for feedback from users before adding a few more.

That's why we have tens of thousands (I really mean it) of bult-in speech commands ready to be recognized at any given time and still works unless the microphone isn't calibrated properly.

Not to mention ATC related speech commands that only kick in when Push ToTalk button is held down.

Voice control is no fun if you have to think hard before issuing a speech command (as per manual page X). And that's why we built this "speech simulator" so that someone who isn't trained as a real world pilot could build a completely custom speech interaction with the crew and just speak naturally and confidently without the need to read the manual.

Can even be done in user native language. German, French, Spanish, Portuguese... whatever language. MCE will act as an interpreter..

Some who want to be more casual and want the FO to understand when they say "get the shoes down" they meant "gear down" or when they utter "get rid of that f**** light", (which they may have as a habit) they are expecting him to "clear master caution", so be it 😛

Obviously, for real world pilots familiar with aviation jargon, there is rarely any need to create custom commands or even look at the manual.

Custom flows and checklist to match any airline SOPs, yes of course you can and perhaps should if you want to handle failure scenarios.

That way, when you go into a Level D simulator for recurrent training, your routines remain intact and not damaged by practicing on a software that forces you into a different behaviour and bad habits, not to mention practicing a checklist that isn't what you're using in the real world.

Sorry for the verbose post. I know you're already familiar with the software.

It's for others who may stumble into this thread.

Edited by FS++

On 3/11/2024 at 1:50 AM, scmtech said:

This would be nice for additional immersion, so I can include it as part of the flow.

I am still having issues with getting the GSX pushback to start via MCE, I have tried many of the commands for pushback described in the "ground_cmd.rtf" document in the "Multi Crew Experience\Docs" folder. I am using the latest version of GSX for MSFS as of today GSX Pro 2.9.4.

Thanks.

Just a reminder, you cannot ask ground mechanic to perform anything before establishing contact with him.

Is the issue with speech commands not recognized or push back working in native mode and not with GSX?

3 hours ago, FS++ said:

Is the issue with speech commands not recognized or push back working in native mode and not with GSX?

The command is recognized, but it is using the native mode - just causing the aircraft to pushback without a tug - it will not start the GSX pushback. GSX pushback works when I start it via the GSX menu. Hope this clarifies the issue. Please let me know if there are any other details I can provide. Thanks again.

I have established contact with ground. close/open cargo doors,power up the bird all good

remove chocks no also i have give up on removing the gpu ground thinks FO talking about the power

1 hour ago, Burge said:

I have established contact with ground. close/open cargo doors,power up the bird all good

remove chocks no also i have give up on removing the gpu ground thinks FO talking about the power

When verbally asking to disconnect GPU, there should be a prompt to prevent that happening by accident. You need to confirm that. Maybe voice intonation doesn't make it clear mechanic is waiting for confirmation. Again, no confirmation needed when command is part of a flow.

lever not moving

release parking brake

set parking brake

10 hours ago, Burge said:

lever not moving

release parking brake

set parking brake

If I'm not mistaken, that is normal behavior when chocks are set with PMDG planes??

We'll add a "release chocks" command. Normally, he handles those automatically. Sets them on first contact and removes them when about to push.

Posted (edited)

look forward to that command. Ok call out i turned off all call outs on 737 so my fo should handle that is that right.

I like what u guys did with having opinions  v1 v2  I will test this still working  my way down below the line.

Will FO call rotate rate of climb u now  all that good stuff.

Thanks  heaps you guys always on my flight

Edited by Burge
Msfs

51 minutes ago, Burge said:

look forward to that command. Ok call out i turned off all call outs on 737 so my fo should handle that is that right.

I like what u guys did with having opinions  v1 v2  I will test this still working  my way down below the line.

Will FO call rotate rate of climb u now  all that good stuff.

Thanks  heaps you guys always on my flight

Call-outs can be selectively enabled/disabled.

If you want the 70 knots callout on landing enable it. If you prefer the 60 knots enable this one and disable the other.

Up to the user.

I'm not sure about the "rotate" call though. Probaly always enabled.

if any wants to know how to remove gpu.  done by my first officer

BEFORE START

Notify=cockpit to ground
Pause=2
cockpit to ground
Pause=2
Notify=remove  g p u
Pause=2
ground remove g p u
Pause=2
proceed      
Pause=2