scmtech

New User PMDG 737 Questions (MSFS)

fliight plan not pull in callsign  my callsign is betty callsign reads virgin 737

when you click show flight plan waiting for simbrief data. my flt pln is loaded

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2024 at 2:02 AM, Burge said:

fliight plan not pull in callsign  my callsign is betty callsign reads virgin 737

when you click show flight plan waiting for simbrief data. my flt pln is loaded

Which ATC mode are you in?

In Native MSFS ATC mode, the call-sign is pulled from the simulator. Whatwever you typed in "Aircraft settings, under Airline, Flight number, Registration).

When in <Other ATC> mode (Vatsim), and Simbrief flight plan is avalable, MCE gets the call-sign you filed as part of Simbrief PLN, unless you didn't type any.

For instance, when you type "LH", MCE translates it to "Lufthansa".

I can't recall if recorded audio packs can handle that "Betty" either, at least not when Fo is in charge of ATC. You would need a TTS voice in this case, or use "Virgin",

Edited by FS++

Im using other ATC  its active all i get is waiting for simbrief data.

I reload fpln still nothing my EFB has the fpln up all good there

4 hours ago, Burge said:

Im using other ATC  its active all i get is waiting for simbrief data.

I reload fpln still nothing my EFB has the fpln up all good there

Go to \My Documents\ folder and check whether you can see a "Simbrief_fpln.dat" file.

If not, look under C:\Drive

Send that file to support.

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Burge said:

yes all there Simbrief_fpln.da weather

OK, it means the flight plan has been downloaded.

Please note, because MCE tries to fetch not only flight plan and weather but also Notams, it may take anywhere from 45 to 60 seconds once MCE user interface appears for all data to be gathered. Notams are all over the place and there are multiple loops needed to account for all of them.

Regarding recirculating fan in PMDG 737 and the need to ask ground mechanic to set/remove chocks, get the latest patch

On 3/12/2024 at 6:34 PM, scmtech said:

The command is recognized, but it is using the native mode - just causing the aircraft to pushback without a tug - it will not start the GSX pushback. GSX pushback works when I start it via the GSX menu. Hope this clarifies the issue. Please let me know if there are any other details I can provide. Thanks again.

Please get latest patch and we'll take it from there

On 3/15/2024 at 9:15 PM, FS++ said:

Please get latest patch and we'll take it from there

As an update from the 3.7.0.6 patch:

Adds speech commands to control GRND CALL and ATTND CALL in a few aircraft (PMDG 737, Fenix A320, Flyywire)

These commands work now I am using:

• "push flight attendant call"
  • "press ground call"

Thanks for adding these.

Fixed Recirculating fan switch not moving on command in PMDG 737

The right recirculating fan command is working for me as expected in my flows for the MSFS PMDG 737-900.

Is the issue with speech commands not recognized or push back working in native mode and not with GSX?

The command is recognized, but it is using the native mode - just causing the aircraft to pushback without a tug - it will not start the GSX pushback. GSX pushback works when I start it via the GSX menu. Hope this clarifies the issue. Please let me know if there are any other details I can provide. Thanks again.

I am still encountering issues getting the GSX pushback to trigger via MCE (voice command or via FO flow voxscript). The native push back will work, but it will not start the GSX process.
I can start GSX on my own through the native GSX menus in the sim, so I can confirm the GSX app is working.

I took a look at the log file just to see if there was anything:

Lvars received
Retrieved GSX Lvars
SIMCONNECT_RECV_ID_CLIENT_DATA received: EVENT_CONFIG_RECEIVED
Config data updates requested.
Lvars received

Thanks again.

10 hours ago, scmtech said:

I am still encountering issues getting the GSX pushback to trigger via MCE (voice command or via FO flow voxscript). The native push back will work, but it will not start the GSX process.
I

Thanks for feedback.

A tell tale sign whether MCE has properly detected GSX installed and whether it's running or not is when the MCE user interface appears, within 30 seconds and assuming no engines are running and not on runway, the GSX menu window will be automatically triggered and the ramp agent pops-in.

Is that happening?

I assume you installed MCE to default patch which is the preferred option that guarantees the app has all the permissions to interact with various other apps.

On 3/18/2024 at 8:37 AM, FS++ said:

A tell tale sign whether MCE has properly detected GSX installed and whether it's running or not is when the MCE user interface appears, within 30 seconds and assuming no engines are running and not on runway, the GSX menu window will be automatically triggered and the ramp agent pops-in.

Is that happening?

I assume you installed MCE to default patch which is the preferred option that guarantees the app has all the permissions to interact with various other apps.

No it is not happening, and I installed to a custom path on the drive where my sim is installed. Do you want me to try and uninstall and reinstall with the default path? I did try to run the app as an administrator to see if that would help, no change there either.

8 hours ago, scmtech said:

No it is not happening, and I installed to a custom path on the drive where my sim is installed. Do you want me to try and uninstall and reinstall with the default path? I did try to run the app as an administrator to see if that would help, no change there either.

It means, MCE hasn't automatically switched to GSX mode as expected.

By design "mce.exe" will always run as admin, even if option "run this program as administrator" is not ticked.

When installing outside default path, you would need to not only run MSFS as admin, but also disable Windows UAC, which we don't recommend.

See this thread to understand subtle failures that can occur when users modify "C:\Program Files (x86)\" permissions or things like that (never a good idea).

Save your activation key file and <Voices> folder if you downloaded the additional voice packs.

Un-install via Windows Control Panel.

Do not delete anything manually.

Re-download full package here.

install to default path and put key back in C:\Program Files (x86)\Multi Crew Experience\ folder.

Up to you if you want to overwrite the <Voices> folder, or re-download each voice pack and install.

Use the patch to make sure all files are up to date.

It takes about 2 GB disk space, even when all human recorded audio packs have been installed. Base install is about 1.0 GB

Once up and running, you may delete the other installation folder.

Posted (edited)

ok im up to pushback still tweaking . MCE, GSX, Running

[SCRIPT]
Pause=4
Notify=ground from flight deck        MY FO
ground from flight deck
Pause=5
Notify=ground mechanic are you ready for pushback      MY FO
ground are you ready for pushback                                HE TELLS U YES READY
Pause=5

GSX kick in & takes over.

gsx glichers out on loading somtimes but i will report back when i do full pushback

Edited by Burge

very cool did a full pushback with MCE & GSX one thing cannot get ground to remove chocks.

Tips with gsx must have gpu removed & chocks i had to go into fmc to remove chocks, my fo

removed the gpu for me.

gsx is still glichers out on menu,hope it get better.

• Like 1