Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Aircraft Using G3X

I had compiled a list last year of aircraft using the G3X (when I was pleading for WT to enhance it hehe).

With the SU15 beta G3X it natively works in three aircraft:  NXCub, Xcub, and VL-3

Here are the others I've noted that use the G3X system:

• King Air 350i (variant of it - real life would be ProLine Fusion)
  • Flight Design CTSL
  • Extra 330LT (non touch - vertical layout likely wont' be supported)
  • Pipistrel Virus

Freeware aircraft using G3X:

• Beast Horus
  • Breezer Sport
  • Deejing Vans RV7
  • Rotax 915is mod (vl3)
  • GotFriends Vertigo

Payware aircraft using G3X:

• SWS Vans RV14 and RV10
  • Orbx Blackwing
  • Parallel 42 KitFox
  • Airfoillabs Bristol B23
  • FSReborn Sting S4
  • FSW upcoming Lancair Legacy (Starhawk)
  • Adi Kitfox
  • Black Square Velocity XL
  • f7 Eagle S100 aerobatic
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Oh one semi off topic thing I wanted to mention about the king air - I highly recommend use of this G1000 nxi mod - it's pretty well done and a lot more accurate than whats in the King Air 350i

https://flightsim.to/file/61143/king-air-350-g1000-cockpit-mod

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I hope more people post their feedback and review of the G3X.  What a job Working Title have done with the default GA avionics in MSFS!

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

Husky has a Garmin Aera portable mounted on the Panel, 795/6 model I think

Yes Sir, 

You are correct. Thank you for straightening me out...it is the 796 in the Husky.

pmdgngxpilot.png

13 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Payware aircraft using G3X:

• SWS Vans RV14 and RV10

I must be misinterpreting / doing something wrong here (SU15 beta). This is from RV-14:

owBsXRK.jpeg

It doesn't look anything like your screenshot:  

15 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

G3X lookin fine in the Xcub

(pic is 4k so zoom in!)

53528690057_c594ccf55b_o.jpgcub1 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Loading up the XCub, it seems fine. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

30 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I must be misinterpreting / doing something wrong here (SU15 beta). This is from RV-14:

It doesn't look anything like your screenshot:  

Loading up the XCub, it seems fine. 

Any non default aircraft using the G3X will need work from the developer to integrate the new G3X.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ryan, the Airfoil Labs Bristell B23 on Markketplace uses the G3X as well.

I experimented by replacing the gauge lines in the panel.cfg with the new G3X lines - the PFD worked flawlessly but the MFD (G3X, index=2) was blank.

PS... the default CTSL doesn't use the G3X by default, only when the G3X / autopilot mod from FS.TO is used (which I'm not sure works any more).   Natively, the CTSL uses the Garmin Aera.

Edited by JYW

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Raul at FSReborn is starting to check the G3X update for the Sting. But we will wait for the SU to be released officially and WTs work finished on the units. In addition PMS and TDS need to provide integration as the G3X by default is vfr only without external driver like GNS or GTN.

In addition the TL-3000 Sirius made it back in the dev shortlist as it was waiting for the WT G3X update. 

So interesting G3X times ahead

Cheers T.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Raul at FSReborn is starting to check the G3X update for the Sting. But we will wait for the SU to be released officially and WTs work finished on the units. In addition PMS and TDS need to provide integration as the G3X by default is vfr only without external driver like GNS or GTN.

In addition the TL-3000 Sirius made it back in the dev shortlist as it was waiting for the WT G3X update. 

So interesting G3X times ahead

Cheers T.

Doing the G3X was huge. So many aircraft use the G3X. Glad that Working Title was listening to the community.

5 hours ago, Torsen said:

In addition the TL-3000 Sirius made it back in the dev shortlist

Happy days!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

8 minutes ago, sttovo said:

Any smart people here have a step-by-step on making the swap from Asobo to WT G3X?

I saw a mod on fs.to, but it's greek to me. Looks like it's adding a whole new circuit... SWS Vans RV-14 G3X Replacement for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

There's no step by step at the moment... just a few of us tinkering with files.  To make a real integration/change to the new G3X takes a bit of work... because you have to configure the G3X engine pages correctly will all the real numbers... like whats the max RPM, the manifold pressure, where is the yellow arc begin on the airspeed tape etc etc.

If you're using the SWS RV14 and the PMS GTN 750 that linked file should work... just drop it in your Community folder.  If anyone wants to help me and uses the TDS GTNxi send me a PM here or at flightsim.to.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

11 minutes ago, sttovo said:

Any smart people here have a step-by-step on making the swap from Asobo to WT G3X?

I saw a mod on fs.to, but it's greek to me. Looks like it's adding a whole new circuit... SWS Vans RV-14 G3X Replacement for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

There was some discussion on the  Working Title Discord chat. In their Discord server, go to the G3X channel which is listed on the leff side. Then on the top right, you can search that channel for the chat history and read up the conversations on how to implement the G3X if the plane doesn't support it yet. However, for some planes, the devs may have to alter the plane to get the G3X to work. So you may have to wait for the dev of your plane to make the changes.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1