Sign in to follow this  
Guest 499DRJustin

Throttle stuck, it's not my hardware

Guest 499DRJustin

In some jets, my throttles are really screwed up. I can only use from 25%-75% of the throttle. Either that or they are all stuck at full throttle.I notice when I open the calibration page for windows game devices, all throttles are full up. When I move the throttles, they instantly jump to their correct value based on where I have them on the actual joystick and yoke. This occurs with the CH USB Yoke and a Saitek 290 joystick. I tried CH Manager, and that did nothing.Strangely, when I load the Cessna 172, throttle and mixture levers work perfectly fine. Also, my Saitek pedals work perfectly fine too. I'e tried using different USB ports, and that doesn't solve it.I have a feeling this has something to do with FSUIPC being installed. The only reason I installed it is that I was required to for some add-ons that I got. FS2Crew and the Wilco CitationX, A330 freeware, and that's about it.Any time I try to open FSUIPC I can't see any options to change any settings more than clear weather and some other things that have nothing to do with controller settings. I don't even see how to uninstall this software. Do I HAVE to register/pay for this to fix my problem? I hope not!The throttle issue happens with the default FSX jets too.EDIT: I just noticed that if you don't pay, you don't get any joystick calibration access. If FSUIPIC is causing problems I don't think I should be forced to pay for it just to fix the problems it caused in the first place.

Maybe you could try renaming the 'FSUIPC.dll' file and see what happens. I don't have it so I don't know where it would be for FSX. I think the file name I have shown is correct. Actually it might be better to move the file from where it is to some place that FSX won't see it.If that is a no go then reinstall your joystick software.

Or just diable FSUIPC in the DLL.XML file.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

The problem may be caused by an older version of FSUIPC installed on your system. Are you running SP1 or Acceleration with SP2??You can download and install the latest version of FSUIPC and see if that corrects the problem.The joystick calibration functions of FSUIPC are for registered versions only and yes you have to pay for the registered functions of FSUIPC. You also have to enable the calibration functions from within FSUIPC, your present version is unregistered therefore at this time the calibration functions are disabled (not the cause of your problem).Any addons that you have that require FSUIPC will need to have at a minimum the unregistered version installed to function correctly.

Guest 499DRJustin

>The problem may be caused by an older version of FSUIPC>installed on your system. Are you running SP1 or Acceleration>with SP2??>>You can download and install the latest version of FSUIPC and>see if that corrects the problem.>>The joystick calibration functions of FSUIPC are for>registered versions only and yes you have to pay for the>registered functions of FSUIPC. You also have to enable the>calibration functions from within FSUIPC, your present version>is unregistered therefore at this time the calibration>functions are disabled (not the cause of your problem).>>Any addons that you have that require FSUIPC will need to have>at a minimum the unregistered version installed to function>correctly.I downloaded directly from th FSUIPC site, so I'm going to assume it's the most recent versio. I have SP1 installed, no acceleration.I'll double check...