Inu

X-Plane 12.1.0 New Article & Features

4 hours ago, GoranM said:

Standard procedure is submitting a bug report with a log file. If that’s done, then they’ll fix it. 

The new question is 'WHEN" will they get to it? Been waiting since xp11 for networking fixes, submitted numerous bug reports with log files. Matter of fact, they also receive links to videos showing the issues. Here we are in XP12 and still waiting.

I was a beta tester for Traffic Global and their aircraft would disappear once AI aircraft crossed over to the external computers/visual displays, most of what takes place in XP12. It took me three months to find the issue, the issue was related to X-Plane 12 FOV. Once Jim was aware of the issue it was corrected during the next beta run and was fix during the following update.

So the questions aren't are they going to fix these issues, it's "WHEN" will they get them fixed!

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike.  

They can't do everything NOW.  All the fixes that need to be done are prioritized in order from most important to least important.  There have been sim breaking bugs in 12.1 that needed to be addressed.  A network fix is useless if the sim crashes.  

I don't know much about the issue you're experiencing, but if a bug report was submitted, that's all that can be done.  I certainly have no influence in what order Laminar fix these issues.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, GoranM said:

Mike.  

They can't do everything NOW.  All the fixes that need to be done are prioritized in order from most important to least important.  There have been sim breaking bugs in 12.1 that needed to be addressed.  A network fix is useless if the sim crashes.  

I don't know much about the issue you're experiencing, but if a bug report was submitted, that's all that can be done.  I certainly have no influence in what order Laminar fix these issues.  

I get updates sometimes mess with items already under control and break things. Seeing how Jim is their ATC guy and he managed to fix the network issue within one update, you'd think their pro network guy would have most if not all of this figured out by now and we'd at least have an update on what has been worked on and/or corrected so far.

If Austin thinks minor stutters break the emersion factor in XP, he should try flying with networked computers during a lighting storm! WARNING: If you try this, you better not suffer from seizures, it may bring on an attack with multiple uncoordinated light flashes on multiple screens! 

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Looking through the changelog for 12.1, I can't tell you what's in it, or what's not in it, due to NDA.  But I can tell you it's extensive.  I'm talking several pages of PDF just for the first alpha.  

If you've reported the problem, with comprehensive notes, then I don't doubt they'll get it fixed.  

• Like 4

On 4/26/2024 at 4:14 AM, fluffyflops said:

the sim freezes when changing window size or going from fullscreen to windowed.

Is there a known recipe to trigger this? Like lots of screens maybe? I've spent the past day trying to trigger it. Worst case is a 2-3 second pause right after the sim starts up. After that I can toggle fullscreen as often as I want with no delay. Doesn't matter how many smaller windows I have popped out (map, microprofiler, etc) or in, vsync on/off. I can't replicate this to a point of fury. This is microsoft's own derp, correct?

Edited by blingthinger

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

I was told that the beta should be ready by the beginning of the month, fingers crossed....

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar