Inu

X-Plane 12.1.0 New Article & Features

47 minutes ago, Franz007 said:

What exactly is the issue? It works perfectly on my side...

It has a lot of dataref errors whiich need cleaning up But with XP12 I actually havnt found a use for it.

35 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

It has a lot of dataref errors whiich need cleaning up But with XP12 I actually havnt found a use for it.

Ok I wasn‘t aware about dataref-errors. For me it does what it is supposed to do.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

I raised this dataref problem with rkApps back in September. Nothing has been done about it, which is disappointing.

10 minutes ago, Brian Mackie said:

raised this dataref problem with rkApps back in September. Nothing has been done about it, which is disappointing.

A little, but hes being in discussion with laminar as mentioned so hopefully a new update will come out after 12.1B gets under way.

On 2/25/2024 at 9:05 PM, Sims Smith said:

Someone posted an article where human brain adjust to the "shakes/motions" and adding this "physics based" camera is not really realistic.  I hope this is not another "cockpit lighting" saga trying to reproduce something that doesn't work in a monitor and how most people experience a simulator.  I will wait to try this out before making a final judgement. I am glad there will be a "turn off" switch. 

Sometimes simulating something that is not totally realistic can overcome the fact the simmers cockpit environment isn't moving.  in Racing sims, forces are transmitted through a force feedback wheel that aren't there in real life. However, the forces felt through the car/body aren't there when simulating racing, so although some of the feedback isn't real, it helps to replace forces absent elsewhere.

Camera movement may not be totally realistic in a sim cockpit, but it does help to replace the movement not simulated.  Some may not like it, but I find it useful feedback to help with 'immersion'.

I think it should be optional for those that don't like the effect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Sometimes simulating something that is not totally realistic can overcome the fact the simmers cockpit environment isn't moving.

I think I witnessed a good example of that the first time I moved the airliner in the flight deck, my wife (standing just outside the flight deck) grab onto the back plate to keep from falling over even though nothing was moving but the displays. 

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 2

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

2 hours ago, Mike_CFII_MEL said:

I think I witnessed a good example of that the first time I moved the airliner in the flight deck, my wife (standing just outside the flight deck) grab onto the back plate to keep from falling over even though nothing was moving but the displays. 

HaHa, we see that when we have visitors to our narrowboat. We don't feel any movement after years living on it,  but many people grip the sides for dear life at the smallest movement!

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Operating an aerial work platform: "Okay, we need to go here and here and do this and that, oh, let me get there as well."

Riding along on an aerial work platform: "I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die..."

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

21 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Camera movement may not be totally realistic in a sim cockpit, but it does help to replace the movement not simulated.

AutoATC Developer

So, do we any ETA for this update?

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Posted (edited)

The last official info was to try and get a public beta in March, should not be too far now.
However the official non-beta release of 12.1.0 will be much later in the year.

Edited by peroni
  • Upvote 1

Seems like a good point in time to give this simulator another go. 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

On 4/12/2024 at 9:18 AM, peroni said:

The last official info was to try and get a public beta in March, should not be too far now.
However the official non-beta release of 12.1.0 will be much later in the year.

Sounds good..but wait ..which year ? 😉

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000

2 hours ago, Stefti said:

Sounds good..but wait ..which year ? 😉

I thought we would get a beta last month. At this rate it's looking like March, 2024

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Wouldn't take long now, I guess 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...