Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Another small-town airport...08R ... (18 Pics) ...

I have been recently looking into the several small-town airport scenery add-ons I'd purchased, a while ago, on sale, on the spur of the moment, which I've not yet explored. So, here is one: 08R (Richmond Airport) ...a tiny airport tucked away in the southern part of the state of Rhode Island, with a tiny runway strip of a little over 2,000 ft.

A long time ago, been (graciously) offered free stay, for a week or two, in the house of an acquaintance who lived in Boston (and was temporarily abroad), I'd got to tour the neighboring states (and key cities) quite extensively. There are several U.S. states, closely adjoined around the city of Boston, actually "6" you can count, including Massachusetts, one of which is Rhode Island. It was easy and convenient to visit these states and then be back at the Boston residence at the end of the same day... (incurring no additional hotel charges...🙂...during the daily outings...), contrasted with e.g., in Texas, after a 12+ hours non-stop (east-west) drive, you could still find yourself within the state limits. 

In Rhode Island, I do distinctly recall visiting the Capital City of Providence, and the Port City of Newport (with its impressive Oceanfront Mansions), but I have no memory of this small town, Richmond. 

Please find 18 pictures of a look-around on the premises and in the (picturesque) vicinity of this town's airport.

Thanks for viewing...!

75ex9y.png

Zy9qyS.png

1d77Cs.png

GkGSf6.png

uviyGi.png

yzu2No.png

DY8ZOj.png

PMlcI6.png

DqYrp6.png

zDe5Qh.png

JFrktq.png

KxJkrN.png

gsTvhk.png

7ekzck.png

ipAFV9.png

gJ75l7.png

63LeTQ.png

a5wd3R.png

• Like 5

Nice small looking Airport, fine shots !

cheers 😉

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Very nice set there from that area. In P3d I have 2 addons there, the Block Island complete in HD and the FT Boston airport scenery and

it's always a nice flight in between. It's FTX Global landclass scenery in P3d for the US East Coast which is nice but a bit old fashioned of course.  

• Like 2

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

Wonderful Detail!!!

• Like 3

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

On 2/29/2024 at 12:05 AM, pmplayer said:

Nice small looking Airport, fine shots !

cheers 😉

On 2/29/2024 at 6:16 AM, andiflyit said:

Very nice set there from that area. In P3d I have 2 addons there, the Block Island complete in HD and the FT Boston airport scenery and

it's always a nice flight in between. It's FTX Global landclass scenery in P3d for the US East Coast which is nice but a bit old fashioned of course.  

On 2/29/2024 at 6:52 AM, Phantom88 said:

Wonderful Detail!!!

On 2/29/2024 at 11:47 AM, Alaska738 said:

Excellent shots! 😉 

pmplayer, Andreas, Patrick, Will:

Many thanks for the kind comments and notes from your own experience...🙂...!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1