Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

RVs in the backcountry of Idaho

Inspired by the very watchable video of a German RV-8 pilot visiting his "favorite airstrip" Johnson Creek 3U2, I have put together a brief flightplan which we can fly in VANs RV14 aircraft, or similar.. like a P149 for example.  We will touch down in some of the same airstrips, featured in the video: Johnson Creek, Smiley Creek, Big Creek, and McCall airport.  At the end we may well have time to explore the Idaho scenery further as a "scramble"..

As a reference, here is the video which I encourage you to watch: 

Also, here is the actual airplane featured in the video:   https://www.vansaircraft.com/rv-8/

Proposed flightplan: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j33ppvbtkxqtrtkgerfha/KSUN_KMYL.zip?rlkey=w7edcken55avkxow7j4f6med4&dl=0

As for addon scenery, most of us likely already have U60 and 3U2 in our Idaho files.. new to this flight is KSUN:

https://flightsim.to/file/62381/ksun-friedman-memorial-airport

Particulars:

•           Date and time: Saturday March 2nd, 19:00 UTC
  •           RTWR Multiplayer Discord Channel
  •           MFS Multiplayer: US Eastcoast Server

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

Arg... my PC was fine this am.. but 1 hr before flight time and the xbox app and store not working for some reason.... trying to do a repair on Gaming Services but getting an 0x8000ffff error..

Anyone else getting?

Working on it!!

Norm

Everyone else seems to be joining just fine.  Sorry about your problems.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

6 hours ago, nbrich1 said:

Arg... my PC was fine this am.. but 1 hr before flight time and the xbox app and store not working for some reason.... trying to do a repair on Gaming Services but getting an 0x8000ffff error..

Anyone else getting?

Working on it!!

Norm

Did you get this fixed?

Bert

Posted (edited)

After doing all of the regular stuff and more, go Microsoft tech on chat for almost 2 hrs. MS store was stuck updating a two video codecs which were under 2 mb. Since store is tied to the xbox app, xbox wouldn't start.. hence msfs wouldn't fire up.

The ms store servers must have been on reduced snail pace. I, nor the tech could clear the store downloads even after uninstalling the store, resetting app, checking everything, reinstalling the MS Store. I was told by the tech, as per usual, to reinstall/update the windows OS.. Arg. NO WAY! This is a brand new PC and brand new OS.

After multiple restarts and other commands affected . I just decided to leave store open with downloads hanging and wait it out.  Checked every hour with little or no progress...

... .Now 8 hrs later.. finally.. MS store DL that were "stuck" for hours updating a 2 mb file finally showed installed.. only took 8 hrs.. oh my! But at least it completed.  So I closed the store app, then shutdown, then restarted.. checked for updates.. all good.. Then checked updates in MS Store.. all Good...

Then tried Xbox and it started up as intended as did MSFS. But now it is 20:45 my time.. a complete waste of the PC day!  (Just a small VENT!)

But yes is fixed.

Sorry to miss your flight.. but it couldn't be helped! ARG... But I can fly it now!!.. Hmmm, I think I will use the RV14!!

Edited by nbrich1
  • Like 3