Sign in to follow this  
Ibg2000

P3D help and setup

Guys, can anyone help me setup P3D, I’ve bought the pmdg 747 but I just can’t use P3D v5.4. Im confused with the layout, controls and more. I’m used to MSFS but I felt that I wanna do study level long haul and wanted to this. 
But now, not being able to set this up and work it, I’ve wasted £170 ish.

So if anyone can help please do.

thanks 

Welcome to AvSim. I’ve moved your post to the main P3D forum. T&T is not for asking questions. 😉

This aircraft requires you to start P3D with a default aircraft and then switch to the PMDG. Best place to do that is in the Scenario screen. Use a Cub as your default then switch.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Have you tried YouTube videos about PMDG747? - great way to start up and familiarization 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Artur 

What I find ‘tricky’ is calibrating my basic side stick and throttle for the 747. But that’s not the only thing. 
Another thing is the layout of P3D, and how my sim crashes easily in my opinion 

Can I ask. Do I have to spend a fortune for the simulator to look good ?

You do mix many different subjects - hardware, software, and visuals...

You have to set things step by step.

If P3D is unstable and crashes easily then i would suggest to postpone playing with PMDG and figure out why sim is easy to crash - that is a basic for successful and long haul flights.

Artur 

Okay, good news. 
I’ve fixed the crashing problem 

sorry to be confusing 

43 minutes ago, Ibg2000 said:

Okay, good news. 

Have you installed already all addons and supporting apps, is your P3D fully set up?

Have you tried some long haul flight with other planes than 747?

Artur 

49 minutes ago, Ibg2000 said:

What was the problem? It may help others.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I can’t calibrate my throttles it won’t let me that’s the only problem I have now but I’ll try and fix it now

10 minutes ago, Ibg2000 said:

I can’t calibrate my throttles it won’t let me that’s the only problem I have now but I’ll try and fix it now

You do that in Control Panel - Devices and Printers. Can you elaborate on “it won’t let me”?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It seems that the throttle isn’t registered but when I use msfs it works ?

22 minutes ago, Ibg2000 said:

It seems that the throttle isn’t registered but when I use msfs it works ?

Are you saying Windows doesn’t recognise it? How is it connected? Direct USB into motherboard? Or something different?

What make and model is your throttle?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, Ibg2000 said:

Another thing is the layout of P3D, and how my sim crashes easily in my opinion

Recommend you organize your thought and describe exactly how P3D crashed (error messages, lockup, etc.) before you get into controller calibration.  Also suggest you let us know what controller(s) you have and how they are connected to your PC.  This will get you more accurate help.

15 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

This aircraft requires you to start P3D with a default aircraft and then switch to the PMDG. Best place to do that is in the Scenario screen. Use a Cub as your default then switch.

It's no longer required and even not recommended nowadays

2 hours ago, C2615 said:

It's no longer required and even not recommended nowadays

Really? By whom? Certainly not the developers - PMDG.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather