Sign in to follow this  
Matt Sdeel

FSReborn Piper M500 purchase questions

Looking for more info on the aircraft.

1. Where can I download a copy of the manual and changelog?
2.  Is the center console FMS (keyboard on the pedestal) functional?

Thank you.

Just now, Matt Sdeel said:

Is the center console FMS (keyboard on the pedestal) functional?

Unfortunately, no. And there are also no proper backup instruments on the aircraft. I have heard that both these are to be completed, but it has been a long time since I have seen any updates.

FSR500_Manual.pdf (fsreborn.com)

• Like 2

Dan Scott

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Matt Sdeel said:

Looking for more info on the aircraft.

1. Where can I download a copy of the manual and changelog?
2.  Is the center console FMS (keyboard on the pedestal) functional?

Thank you.

Hi Matt, download link was provided already by Dan. If you still need more info on the FSR500 feel free to join Raul/FSReborns Discord. There is plenty of information available and we have several real 500 pilots answering questions.

The center console FMS was introduced by WT with SU14. The FSR500 is coming with a lot of changes and additions to the G1000 so it was released with a "locked" version of SU13 functionality as every SU and especially the Betas are breaking a lot of things otherwise. Raul is currently working on  lot of additions to the FSR500 including the center console. A complete list of the things already added/fixed or worked on was posted just a few weeks back:

FSR500  

Avionics:

Fix: Airports with 3 letters ICAO were crashing the Simbrief flight plan import, this is now fixed.
New: EFB shows now fuel quantity and fuel weight at the same time depending of user settings for weight unit and fuel unit. This helps to see easily how many Gal / LBS or Lt/Kg an user is loading to the aircraft.
New: Update avionics to G1000 SU15 with all the new updates WT has pushed.

General:

Fix: Missing white navigation lights are now in place.
Fix: Generator / Alternator loads is now split as per IRL.
Fix: Alternator amps have been corrected from 70amps to 135amps as per IRL.

Flight Model:

Fix: Clean Stall speed now matches at 79kts at max MTOW.
Fix: Full Flaps Stall speed now matches 65-69kts at max MTOW.
New: Elevator effectiveness has been adjusted in accordance to air pressure (PSI) and speed over the air frame, this prevent the aircraft from pitching up on the ground below 70kts and makes the aircraft heavier at lower speeds and higher speeds (for example 185kts) making it more realistic, this should helps to avoid certain floating behaviours.
New ground physics as implemented on C172 under SU15.

This will be released as soon as SU15 is made public, followed by a new custom failures module after which is currently still in development.

6 hours ago, Cognita said:

Unfortunately, no. And there are also no proper backup instruments on the aircraft. I have heard that both these are to be completed, but it has been a long time since I have seen any updates.

FSR500_Manual.pdf (fsreborn.com)

Hi Dan, I reposted the latest dev update from 15.2. above. I hope you are not refering to this as "long time I have seen any updates" 😉
The topic with the backup instrument was discussed a hundred times me think. Though you are right it is in a real world aircraft essential, you have three Garmin Screens with full redundancy on two busses fully simulated. It is highly unrealistic that all these will fail and in case of a complete loss of electrics/battery your backup instrument won't help you either. But yes, it is still on the list to be implemented. Though to be honest it has a low prio as Raul is more keen to bring additional features into the plane.

Cheers

T.

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Torsen said:

Hi Dan, I reposted the latest dev update from 15.2. above. I hope you are not refering to this as "long time I have seen any updates" 😉
The topic with the backup instrument was discussed a hundred times me think. Though you are right it is in a real world aircraft essential, you have three Garmin Screens with full redundancy on two busses fully simulated. It is highly unrealistic that all these will fail and in case of a complete loss of electrics/battery your backup instrument won't help you either. But yes, it is still on the list to be implemented. Though to be honest it has a low prio as Raul is more keen to bring additional features into the plane.

Hi Torsen, I will say that the M500 is one of my favorite aircraft in the sim and in constant rotation. It is superbly modeled and coded and I think has one of the most realistic PT6 implementations in any simulator. Sorry, If I inadvertently gave the impression of it not being updated, I was referring only to an update on the keypad and backup instruments, which I am looking forward to muchly!

It is true that the chances of the displays completely failing in flight is remote, so in normal operations this is a non-consideration. While I mostly fly normal operations I enjoy practicing failures and this is exactly the kind of failure I would like to simulate, a failure of the main screens or partial failure that requires cross-referencing to backup instruments. 

• Like 2

Dan Scott

I just picked up the M500 and it is amazing. The persistent wear/tear and damage is no joke. I blew the engine a few times when starting out.  Finally just took the time to read the GREAT manual offered by the developers and managed to complete a flight from Seattle Area to Boise without any issues.

It looks gorgeous, decent performance and handles well.  Not very high maintenance with the G1000 Nxi glass.

It may seriously content with my SWS Kodiak 100 for favorite non-airliner.

I only have about 5 hours in it, but so far no obvious or annoying bugs that I've seen. Seems pretty polished.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WolverineHusky said:

I just picked up the M500 and it is amazing. The persistent wear/tear and damage is no joke. I blew the engine a few times when starting out.  Finally just took the time to read the GREAT manual offered by the developers and managed to complete a flight from Seattle Area to Boise without any issues.

I took a quick look at the M500 manual. It's nice. I'm trying to be more selective in my purchases. One must-have criteria is a good manual (I have yet to recover from PTSD buying no-manual Carenados). Since most new releases now look like Carenados of old, they'd have to offer more than just good looks in MSFS this time around.

26 minutes ago, Matt Sdeel said:

I took a quick look at the M500 manual. It's nice. I'm trying to be more selective in my purchases. One must-have criteria is a good manual (I have yet to recover from PTSD buying no-manual Carenados). Since most new releases now look like Carenados of old, they'd have to offer more than just good looks in MSFS this time around.

The M500 is excellent!  If you require a large manual I'd also check out the Black Square TBM 850 - fantastic mix of analog and digital avionics... and a huge color manual - 105 pages packed with info.  Don't miss their upcoming Dukes either 🙂

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, hangar said:

Is the MS Marketplace the only purchase option for this?

Yes. The developer has stated it is the most cost-effective way for him to distribute his products and maintain some degree of security

Dan Scott

1 minute ago, Cognita said:

Yes. The developer has stated it is the most cost-effective way for him to distribute his products and maintain some degree of security

k, thanks Dan

Posted (edited)

I keep people updated with news on my discord server.. when SU15 is out a new update for FSR500 will be released, so far changelog:

Avionics:

* New: EFB shows now fuel quantity and fuel weight at the same time depending of user settings for weight unit and fuel unit. This helps to see easily how many Gal / LBS or Lt/Kg an user is loading to the aircraft.
* New: G1000 units updated to SU15.
* New: TOGA Support via event and via the throttle button.
* New: GMC Keyboard support via H:Events.
* New: GFC 700 AP Lights status indicators.
* New: NaviPlugin updated to 1.4.2.
* New: Full support for SimBrief flight plans with custom waypoints.
* New: EFB Setting under realism to enable / disable bird strikes.
* Fix: Minor spelling mistakes on the EFB Pax Ops.
* Fix: T-O CONFIG CAS Logic as per IRL (advisory should remain until in the air)
* Fix: Center volume console, the volume Knob was animated reversed.
* Fix: YD can now be activated while on ground as per IRL 
* Fix: Vnav profile will now allow to be changed
* Fix: MFD Range Knob backlight is now correctly aligned
* Fix: Airports with 3 letters ICAO were crashing the Simbrief flight plan import, this is now fixed.

General:

* New: Engine cut-off in the air will lead to depressurization.
* New: Bird strikes will cause depressurization.
* New: Hydro pump failures due to sudden change in operation direction (set lever UP, then DOWN before completing the operation or vice versa), this happens IRL because it shears the shaft of the hydraulic pump..
* Fix: Missing white navigation lights are now in place.
* Fix: Generator / Alternator loads is now split as per IRL.
* Fix: Alternator amps have been corrected from 70amps to 135amps as per IRL.
* Fix: Holes in the 3D yokes.
* Fix: Cockpit model Gaps.
* Fix: Slow update adding air to the tyres, now you can press and hold and it will accelerate the longer you press.
* Fix: Updated bird strikes logic to use real world ATIS information instead of Notams, this is making them work much more reliably, note this data comes from Simbrief, so you must fill up and import a SB flight to get Bird Strikes.. this is a system limitation due to lack of weather API.
* Fix: Cabin Pressure DUMP Switch textures and logic for the emissive.
* Fix: MIS SEL (BOM/MSK) Textures and logic for emissive.

Flight Model:

* New: Elevator Elasticity has been adjusted in accordance to air pressure (PSI) and speed over the air frame, this prevent the aircraft from pitching up on the ground below 70kts and makes the aircraft heavier at lower speeds and higher speeds (for example 185kts) making it more realistic, this should helps to avoid certain floating behaviours.
* New: New ground physics vibrations and wheel dampening.
* Fix: Clean Stall speed now matches at 79kts at max MTOW.
* Fix: Full Flaps Stall speed now matches 65-69kts at max MTOW.

If you guys want to keep up with news, pls join my discord server at:https://discord.gg/XC82TqvKQ3

Best,
Raul

Edited by simbol
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hangar said:

@simbol Sounds good, about how long should the wait be following the su15 release?

Microsoft is saying SU15 would be out by 26th March, I am trying to upload the changes upfront.. so if their release the 26th we could be out 28th or worse case by April 4th.

Depends on MS release date of SU15 really.. I am using new features of SU15 so I cannot release before that is public.

Best,
Raul

• Like 1