Thankfully with Steam you get to specify where your MSFS install goes so it doesn't get buried by the default location that the MS Store uses.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

38 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Thankfully with Steam you get to specify where your MSFS install goes so it doesn't get buried by the default location that the MS Store uses.

Thankfully with the Microsoft Store, you also get to specify where your MSFS install goes so it doesn't get buried by the default location that the MS Store uses.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Reader said:

Thankfully with the Microsoft Store, you also get to specify where your MSFS install goes so it doesn't get buried by the default location that the MS Store uses.

To be fair, not originally 😄  ... but yes, now that MS have changed the installation routine for MS Store users, it's exactly on a par with Steam in this regard now.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, JYW said:

To be fair, not originally

To be fair, I bought and installed MSFS on the day it was released and installed its content into
G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator, which is where the Community folder, which is what the OP is
looking for, has also been since then.
It has never been mandatory to use the "default location that the MS Store uses" for the Official
and Community folders.

Edited by Reader

It takes all of 5 minutes to move community and official out of the default location, using cut and paste. Because the files do not physically move on the drive, they are just given a new logical address. Microsoft recommends not leaving them at the default location if you plan to ever join a beta. You do not need to have a "Packages" folder to hold the community and official folders.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, Reader said:

To be fair, I bought and installed MSFS on the day it was released and installed its content into
G:\Microsoft Flight Simulator, which is where the Community folder, which is what the OP is
looking for, has also been since then.
It has never been mandatory to use the "default location that the MS Store uses" for the Official
and Community folders.

Yes, I'm aware of that. My first installation was custom located too.

My point was that MS recently (last year) changed the installation routine so that doing the above was easier and so that the EXE file is no longer encrypted. 

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, JYW said:

My point was that MS recently (last year) changed the installation routine so that doing the above was easier and so that the EXE file is no longer encrypted. 

Indeed, though I doubt that will help the OP to find the packages folder, or
prevent those who do not understand that they can choose, to do so.
The point, well made, that the default installation is "buried" is entirely valid,
in both the case of the Steam and MSStore default locations.

Edited by Reader

Posted (edited)

edit

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

22 hours ago, will0009961 said:

I am on steam edition.

I am planning to add some liveries to my planes, but I don't seem to find the packages folder in the

folder.

how the Microsoft Flight Simulator folder look like on mine: Screenshot-2024-03-11-162526 hosted at ImgBB — ImgBB (ibb.co)

this  should help you  to find  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

i gather  the  op  is  looking  for  the  community  folder

As they state that they are "planning to add some liveries to my planes", this is a fairly safe assumption.
Their own screenshot shows that they are looking in the wrong place and the first reply links to the
right place to look.

Posted (edited)

Apologies, duplicate post.

Edited by Reader