Sign in to follow this  
ark

Weather and Time Slider Options Greyed Out?

5 hours ago, Alvega said:

In "Flight conditions" check that he has this button set to "All players" and not "Live players".

screenshot-2024-03-12.jpg

That worked!!  He had to turn on Multiplayer  on the General Options > Data menu, and was then able to select ALL PLAYERS as you showed above.

We both thank you very much!   😃

Al

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ark said:

That worked!!  He had to turn on Multiplayer  on the General Options > Data menu, and was then able to select ALL PLAYERS as you showed above.

Al

You can also choose Off (Group Only) if you don’t want to see multiplayer players. The time and weather will still work 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ark said:

Al

Nice, and as JonathanC said he can also select Off (Group Only) if he doesn't want to see other players. That's what I usually have selected on mine. 👍

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

So frustrating how you cannot change weather for a saved flight.   I can't understand why this constraint exist.  Surely the parameters of the flight can be re-loaded (including the weather) but the weather could then be 'released' and should be able to be saved.

I never used save flight purely because of this limitation.

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, JYW said:

So frustrating how you cannot change weather for a saved flight.   I can't understand why this constraint exist.  Surely the parameters of the flight can be re-loaded (including the weather) but the weather could then be 'released' and should be able to be saved.

I never used save flight purely because of this limitation.

The only solution that has worked for me is in this thread:

How save a flight with variable weather? - Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) - The AVSIM Community

Basically, create a weather present and manually edit the saved flight. Not perfect by any means but does allow a saved flight with changeable weather and time of day.

• Like 1

I noticed something else regarding the weather. If I change the altitude of the underside of the base layer in the Scattered Clouds option before loading a scenario, it does not save the new selection. It seems that I have to load the aircraft into the simulator first, and then change it. A relatively minor issue, but yet another quirk of the simulator.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png