Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

MSFS Dev Live Stream 3/13/2024

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Then again, Jorg said a couple weeks for the Caribbean water masks, and that took a month lmao

If I'm not mistaken, Jorg originally said they would revert to the old method to restore the missing masks but they ultimately ended u using the new method anyway so that might explain why it took so long

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I realize a question I've had for a while, might have gotten answered in the stream. Some third party devs do have access to the SDK!

MS continues to shake up the flight sim world by doing away with conventions we've gotten used to in the past. All of the default planes will be payware quality??? Wow! This will be a great checkpoint to entice more and more people to the sim and is also great for lots of 3PDs out there who are able to benefit from the cheques MS is cutting.

So when Jorg said we'd get very excited about the lineup of aircraft 2024 would have, I thought he was just talking about the quantity but it looks like he was talking about their quality as well!

• Like 2

All of the default planes will be payware quality??? Wow!

A statement that products not yet available will attain a level of quality that can't even be quantified, yet written in such definitive terms.

1 hour ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

A statement that products not yet available will attain a level of quality that can't even be quantified, yet written in such definitive terms.

Money is subserviant to a good development team in terms of quality etc.

sp

1 hour ago, Lonesome Cowboy Burt said:

The Vision Jet is available right now and it is very good. They plan to make it even better. So that statement does not apply. We also have other examples of high fidelity default planes like the A310 and the soon to release A320 NEO from ini so we can have a pretty good idea of what to expect.

• Like 1

My point is simply that It's all entirely subjective.

One man's idea of "Payware Quality" won't necessarily fit with anyone else' and "wow" might be a reaction best saved for when you see the actual product, but then  I'm a hardened cynical type ...vive le difference eh😁

My opinion is, that many default GA aircraft in MSFS2020 are already of payware quality with the exception of no opening doors. Especially compared with the older generation sims I've used. Again, my opinion is, that payware does not per se mean study level or high fidelity. Look at the Carenado's for instance, which are not that far above the default. BTW, they exactly fill my needs to pretend to be a pilot. 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pretty underwhelming stream I fell a sleep. So what are they doing?  focusing on 2024 or improving 2020 than the blame the P.C. from crashing to CTD from OOM.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

On 3/14/2024 at 2:41 AM, ryanbatc said:

I thought PMDG and Fenix are using WASM?  As far as I understand those types of code cant interface with the default "nexrad."

The WX api has been available in WASM since SU10. The weather radar available in the default planes, the Kodiak 100, the Black Square TBM and various Carenado’s isn’t a nexrad item.

I get the impression from the PDMG forums that the devs there were simply unaware of this until recently. However, in RR’s recent Q & A session he seemed to be hinting that the 777 would now have this.

Strange kind of Q & A session though; ask a straight question and get a less than straight answer….he seems to like this sort of thing….🙄

11 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

So what are they doing?  focusing on 2024 or improving 2020

Both

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1