Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

FSW414AW v4.4.5 is out

I'll give to the end of next week, and if they're still on 4.4.6, I'll install it. Of course, better too many updates than none at all. 😉 

• Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I wonder if my inability to set altitude except in 1000 ft increments has anything to do with the recent download directory structure. Previously all the files were in one .zip file.  Now the .zip includes separate sub-directories for CUSTOM and INFO. Seems like my installation .exe cannot access the files in the sub-directories, such as the hardware.xml file in the CUSTOM sub-directory? Any ideas?

I don't know about the directory structure, but I did fly v4.4.6 yesterday afternoon and did not have any issues with the plane, including setting heading and altitude.

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

12 hours ago, James Callan said:

I wonder if my inability to set altitude except in 1000 ft increments has anything to do with the recent download directory structure. Previously all the files were in one .zip file.  Now the .zip includes separate sub-directories for CUSTOM and INFO. Seems like my installation .exe cannot access the files in the sub-directories, such as the hardware.xml file in the CUSTOM sub-directory? Any ideas?

The CUSTOM and INFO sub-directories are strictly informational for the user, they have nothing to do with the actual install. The Flysimware_C414AW_Chancellor.exe is the installer file and it does not make any use of the files in the CUSTOM and INFO directories.

Al

Sorry to hijack, but the product page for this plane on Simmarket states the weather radar isn't functional. Can someone please confirm this? Thanks

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Sorry to hijack, but the product page for this plane on Simmarket states the weather radar isn't functional. Can someone please confirm this? Thanks

Correct:

https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-cessna-414a-chancellor-msfs2020/
The radar is not simulated…

However, I have the PMS50 GTN750 (payware) and it has a Wx Radar.

https://pms50.com/msfs/

Edited by vonmar
added a link

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Thanks.

44 minutes ago, vonmar said:

However, I have the PMS50 GTN750 (payware) and it has a Wx Radar.

That's NEXRAD data, correct?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, d.tsakiris said:

Thanks.

That's NEXRAD data, correct?

Yes.

Current KDTW  metar:

KDTW 181257Z 28014G18KT 9SM -SN BKN045 OVC055 M02/M09 A2993 RMK AO2 SNB57 P0000 T10171089

Rwy 4R ready for departure: MSFS defaulted me to a strong crosswind runway. I will get it changed.

spacer.png

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW