Sign in to follow this  
JYW

FS Hud - ultra basic, super simple question :o)

I'm thinking of getting FS Hud.   I've never paid any attention to ATC since using MSFS (due to the default being so bad).

I don't use voice, SI isn't for me, and FS Hud seems ok.

Just one question!  Is it possible to assign a button or keypress to bring up the main FS Hud window?

What I'm getting at is, I don't want to have to alt-tab between windows to use the FS Hud window, and also don't want it displayed during the whole flight.   So is it possible to use an assignment to bring up (and put away) the FS Hud main dialogue, when in the sim?

Cheers.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

34 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Yes.

Great, thanks.

Am I right in thinking it's an external app though, or is it fully ingrated into MSFS, from the pop up menu?

Bill

1 minute ago, JYW said:

Great, thanks.

Am I right in thinking it's an external app though, or is it fully ingrated into MSFS, from the pop up menu?

Both. It is started externally, but once it is running you have an in-game panel for all actions.

• Like 1

The ingame panel can be set to stay on top also, like when you switch to a browser during a flight you'll still be able to see the panel if you want to. Using a single key (freely assignable) you can hide the window, regardless of the on top setting.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, qqwertz said:

Both. It is started externally, but once it is running you have an in-game panel for all actions.

7 hours ago, tup61 said:

The ingame panel can be set to stay on top also, like when you switch to a browser during a flight you'll still be able to see the panel if you want to. Using a single key (freely assignable) you can hide the window, regardless of the on top setting.

Thanks Gentlemen.

I'm procrastinating on this one!   Some FS HUD videos I watch contain what sound like quite good voices.  Others sound really bad.  Are people updating voices, to get better ones, or is it just that some voices are good and others not so?

Bill

Hi,

You can adjust the voices, things like speed and radio effects can be adjusted to your liking.

I found the default settings to be poor, but once I’ve played with the settings I find them perfectly fine now.

cheers

Steve

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure if it helps, but I got FSHud at a very early stage. IMO its current rendition is much improved. ATC-logic-wise it usually just works, and often surprises me with its depth and flexibility, e.g. changing cruise alt, changing approach etc (even transitions). Also the descent instructions have always been to the point according to the approach plates. It’s pretty cool to get instructions like “Speedbird 320, cleared ILS approach runway 27 at 3000 feet, report when established on localizer”. Without being instructed to climb to FL300, then descend 3000ft then “please expedite your descent”…

And I find that vectors to final works really well. 

It also automatically reads back your instructions, no need to fiddle with any keypresses (unless change of approach, report ready for taxi + takeoff etc).

Voices. Well. I guess I’m looking forward to BATC. FSHud voices are not very good, but they’re not very bad either. Most of the time I can understand what they’re saying without having to open the interface and read the text. There’s different accents, different voices for different controllers and AI aircraft, which is leaps and bounds beyond what Adobo has given us.

TL;DR: I’m happy to live with the suboptimal voice quality for getting a solid ATC addon that works very well most of the time.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”