Sign in to follow this  
fbass

Acceleration and Imaginesim's new La Guardia Apt

I don't know if other versions of FSX will cause problems with this airport package but my installation of FSX Acceleration causes the display to go crazy. Not only is this package a big drain on compute power but when you go to the outside view, the display starts to turn on and off like a high-speed slide show with different views. Very weird. I was trying to fly the default B744 which have added to the problem.My FSX display settings are set to high (but not max) and I have 100% airline traffic (very large AI environment). Autogen set midway on the slider. Water effects set to low. My system is:EVGA 680i motherboard FSB 1024Intel E6700 cpuEVGA NVidia 8800 Ultra graphics card (latest driver)4Gb Corsair RAM @8002 Sets of RAID 1 HDDsLiquid coolingFSX AccelerationFSGenesis meshI sent a trouble message to Imaginesim but have not heard from them yet (its the holidays).Frank

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I tried this scenery with the Trike and the display problems disappeared. It may be that you have to take care with the choice of aircraft to visit this airport.fb

Hi frank, unfortunately I still haven't gotten my fsx version of klga but in there website it states that it was only tested with fsx service pack 1 and not service pack 2 at least not yet I have no clue if they are going to update it again fsx Acceleration has really messed up a lot of fs add ons and some don't even work right at all I might have to go back and just have service pack1 installed.

Yes, the problem with 4 versions (FSX, SP1, SP2, Accel) is really causing headaches for everyone. I've been a staunch supporter of FSX and the ACES development but the issues just keep piling up as more add-on products come to fruition.I hate to think this fracturing of the product spells trouble for FSX. It can't be good that is for sure. If MS does not correct the direction of development then we may loose forward progress and the future of our hobby.fb

#### Scott! I was trying to hold it down to a reasonable number. Now you've gone and done it. There will be madness in sim-ville tonight. :-)fb