Sign in to follow this  
turbomax

Tecnam P2012 update v1.0.8 - no way. how is this possible

Posted (edited)

only 4 months and 8 updates later they finally got around to fixing a single URL that finally points to the correct online documentation (which up to today resulted in an http ERROR 404 file not found) on their "welcome" screen. they probably thought:  who reads manuals anyway. how did they fix that all of a sudden? pure wizardry!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

They only just recently changed the "loading tips" at the bottom of the P2012's loading screen, to not make reference to the P2006 !

The finer details of project mananagement does not seem to be FSS's forte! 😄

• Like 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Is this airplane any good?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Posted (edited)

"THE SOFTWARE IS FURNISHED «AS IS» AND IT DOES NOT COME FURNISHED WITH ANY GUARANTEE IMPLICIT OR EXPRESS. THE AUTHOR DECLINES EVERY RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONTINGENT MALFUNCTIONS, DECELERATION, AND ANY DRAWBACK THAT SHOULD ARISE, USING THIS SOFTWARE. "

question: does a missing manual for 4 months fall under "contingent malfuctions, deceleration and any drawback"? 😄

"The use for real world aviation is strictly prohibited."

Good to know. Strictly!

well I got it because it looks so unusual and still pull her out from time to time, but doesn't come close to a BlackSquare Baron twin etc.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

It's pretty well done and high fidelity.  If you own their P2006, it's a very similar vibe but larger and with two 375hp Lycoming TEO540C1A engines fitted.   Good for 170knots.  I quite like it but I prefer the P2006. Just a touch more polished.

Bill

I got the access to the online documentation from day one. Didn’t know that they were problems with that 

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

3 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Is one of my favorite planes to fly

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Nice looking airplane.

I was just reading up on it.

I noticed Aerosoft Shop sells it (2006 and 2012 models) and offers a 14 day return policy.

How is support ?

Is support from Aerosoft or the developer or both?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

19 hours ago, vonmar said:

Nice looking airplane.

I was just reading up on it.

I noticed Aerosoft Shop sells it (2006 and 2012 models) and offers a 14 day return policy.

How is support ?

Is support from Aerosoft or the developer or both?

Support is from Aerosoft and is non-existent.   I have personal experience here.  When I bought the P2012, it was completely dead - all gauges black and no switches working at all.   Raised a ticket with Aerosoft and got no reply after 11 days.   I ended up leaving a negative review on Contrail.  The owner there, Lars (great guy), contacted FSS on my behalf, who got the issue resolved.  Another 2 days further on I finally received a response from Aerosoft, which was a non-personalised FAQ on what to do if you have problems with an Aerosoft product. (Nothing in the FAQ came close to addressing the issue I had).

Aerosoft have a dreadful reputation for support - and deservedly so.

Having said all that, the P2012 is a good addon and - once FSS fixed my issue - I've had a lot of enjoyment out of it.

• Like 2

Bill

20 minutes ago, JYW said:

Support is from Aerosoft and is non-existent.   I have personal experience here.  When I bought the P2012, it was completely dead - all gauges black and no switches working at all.   Raised a ticket with Aerosoft and got no reply after 11 days.   I ended up leaving a negative review on Contrail.  The owner there, Lars (great guy), contacted FSS on my behalf, who got the issue resolved.  Another 2 days further on I finally received a response from Aerosoft, which was a non-personalised FAQ on what to do if you have problems with an Aerosoft product. (Nothing in the FAQ came close to addressing the issue I had).

Aerosoft have a dreadful reputation for support - and deservedly so.

Having said all that, the P2012 is a good addon and - once FSS fixed my issue - I've had a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Bill,

Thanks for the additional information.

Much appreciated.

• Like 1

Best Regards,

FSS have an active discord, I would just go there if you need support.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Dave,

Glad to hear that support option is available.

Thanks for the follow up.

• Like 1

Best Regards,