Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Cessna - No gauges

Guest Frits C

Hi,After purchasing Accelaration I had to do a fresh install of both FSX and Accelaration. It is all working fine with the exception of the panel on the Cessna 172 simply because there there are no gauges. I do see the panel but where there should be gauges I see right through to the outside. All other aircraft are fine.Anyone had this issue before?Vista-32, FSX/Accelation, 1280x1024 32 bits, Direct10 enabledRegards,Fritshttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181163.jpg

Heh, thats a new one I haven't seen yet. Must be a DX10 thing.Does that use AA?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest Frits C

I tried both AA+D10, AA+DX9 and no AA+D10 and no AA+D9All the same effect and both in normal and virtual cockpit..I am really puzzled as I discovered its also in the Beechcraft King Air 350.

Guest Frits C

Looking at the PANEL.CFG for these files I note a gauge is referred to as e.g. KingAir!autopilot or SimIcons1024!Fuel Icon. I have the impression that the part in front of the exclamation mark refers to a library/cab file contained in the Gauges directory.When looking into the Gauges folder, I do see items like Beach_Baron.cab and Simicons1024.cab, however I do not see a KingAir.cab although in the PANEL.CFG it does refer to the gauges contained in this cab file. Is this parhaps what is wrong ?

My Gauges directory has a "Cessna.dll" and also a "KingAir.dll" file which I assume are the gauges you are looking for. As a test, in the panel.cfg, you can substitute the name Beech_Baron and see if the Baron gauges show up..

Bert

Guest Frits C

>As a test, in the panel.cfg, you can substitute the name>Beech_Baron and see if the Baron gauges show up..Yes, that seems to work.Further analysis showed that all panel-elements that are stored in DLL files are not shown. So that includes the FA-18, the Bendix-Ling-Radio parts and Bell helicopter.I've tried to copy the DLL to the panel directory itself but that did not make any difference.Help!!! Any ideas.

Is this a Vista authority / security thing? I'm running XP..Just a thought:Maybe this is an opportunity to consider some really nicereplacement gauges ! RealityXP (Reality-XP.com) has just launched the FlightT and FlightNav gauges for FSX. They are a very nice improvement over the MS defaults.. Only FlightT shown here..http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181213.jpg

Bert

>Further analysis showed that all panel-elements that are>stored in DLL files are not shown. So that includes the FA-18,>the Bendix-Ling-Radio parts and Bell helicopter.>I've tried to copy the DLL to the panel directory itself but>that did not make any difference.>>Help!!! Any ideas.Pick ONE of the non-displayed .dll files and rename it to use the ".gau" extension instead (all .gau files ARE .dll files anyway!).See if the renamed gauge shows up now... If so, you are one of the unlucky few for whom .dll gauges aren't being recognized by FSX as gauges... :-hmmm

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Frits C

Solved!The Trusted section in FSX.cfg showed:[Trusted]E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESCessna.DLL.qcroiurrrcnaoequowcoruatbknkiukhkqzrnwqa=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESCessna172.DLL.rnokqbeaqweaunbnrkiibrtecobwiaknlziirazh=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESCessna182s.DLL.awekecthtbnzcikoozkztquohihrzurawthrluca=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESCessnaWAlpha.DLL.riaaiqzzzwthwcceiaurotiqaoorclbtbawbleae=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESBendix_King_Radio.DLL.ncroeehhhqcehhecqkwbnaztlwtlrtwlbhorrczw=-2E:GamesFlight Simulator XGAUGESBell_206B.DLL.ntkkbaenktcuknkcttiiqwlutztnkuenwnquwcbo=-2By changing the -2 into 2 the instruments were back!

Guest Frits C

That looks wonderful. I took a look and purchased both T and N packages.Any chance you want to share the panel configuation with me ? I looked on the Reality XP site but could not find a download.