Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Air Algerie 736 - Paris Orly to Algiers...

Posted (edited)

A long while ago, I had a colleague (and officemate) who, around each end of year, would invariably make his holiday trip from Chicago to Algiers, visiting his family. The reason I recall this well because I would sometimes give him a ride to O'Hare, directly from work, at the end of workday, which was convenient for him (and I didn't mind a visit to the big airport...the aviation fan that I am/was...🙂...). Anyway, my (driving) conversation with him would go somewhat as follows:

Me: "So, is it a direct flight from Chicago to Algiers or with a stop in Europe?"
He: "From here, I always go to Paris (Orly) first in a "big" plane, and then I go to Algiers in a "small" plane."
Me: "The "big" plane...is it a Boeing or an Airbus?" [Note: You've to realize, having been flying the (stock FS9/FSX) 737, 747, 777, 321 for a while, I already felt like an authority on all kinds of commercial airplanes..."small" and "big"...
🙂...]
He: "I don't know."
Me: "OK, do you know how many engines does this "big" plane have...2, 3 or 4?"
He: "Two". [Note: It turned out that his "big" plane was an Air Algerie B767 and his "small" plane was an Air Algerie B737.]

Anyway, in my MSFS, I've no 767, one of my favorite twins in the SIM (since the LVLD's SIM 767 glory days), but I wished to replicate the smaller 2nd-segment of my colleague's flight from Paris (Orly) to Algiers. So, please find below 20 images of my flight today as I fly from Paris Orly (LFPO) to the Algerian capital city airport of Algiers (DAAG). Geographically, there are two (significant) features on my (southward) route I was a-priori aware of. I would cross the Pyrenees range of mountains at the border of France and Spain (see shot #s 6/7), and I would have to overfly the Alboran Sea (which is actually the westernmost part of the Mediterranean Sea) lying between southern Spain and northern Africa (see shot #s 8/9/10). The seaport city of Algiers resides on the northernmost edge of Africa. In fact, no sooner had my 737 made landfall into the African continent (see my ending images) than the (final approach) ILS guidance of my a/c kicked in, sharply (but reassuringly) banking my plane eastward towards the ILS Rwy 09 of Algiers airport.

As I visited Algeria today, I was (fondly) reminded of my recent (virtual) trips to the adjoining lands of Morocco and Tunisia...🙂... 

Thanks for viewing this collection of images. Hope you enjoy...!

tDnF0O.png

XzJJFI.png

L6NwBH.png

ZTFHh9.png

6LccEr.png

2HUZX4.png

DVeFsm.png

vdR0qr.png

cIVzaI.png

8Izfiu.png

uyqgq2.png

J1MNy3.png

DgZB8W.png

SZ1hr3.png

IxugV8.png

bJumVL.png

tOXlh9.png

ubruCo.png

XxLm91.png

T8KPlS.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 6

Interesting flight with another livery I've always liked. I can continue (where your 737 left off) with my Air Algerie ATR-600 🙂

• Like 1

Great collection of shots again and a nice story from real life again P_7878! 🙂 Seems to be there is also some useable scenery for Algeria and it's not updated if I'm right.

Will have that PMDG B737-shorty there within next weeks. Good quality for a nice price, this is what we want...

• Like 1

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

2 hours ago, John F said:

Interesting flight with another livery I've always liked. I can continue (where your 737 left off) with my Air Algerie ATR-600 🙂

Thank you, John. Algerie ATR sounds good...🙂...I see they have 15 of those in their current fleet....

2 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Great collection of shots again and a nice story from real life again P_7878! 🙂 Seems to be there is also some useable scenery for Algeria and it's not updated if I'm right.

Will have that PMDG B737-shorty there within next weeks. Good quality for a nice price, this is what we want...

Appreciated the comments, Andreas. Interior Algeria scenery frankly did not seem too appealing (yes, no incremental updates as far as I can tell), but after all, I touched down in Algiers, as soon as I caught sight of the African landmass... 🙂....so not sure ...

The 736 Boeing has been my favorite since PMDG published it first time for FS9, 20 years ago...agree, the price here is right of course...🙂...

Great set - again, and i like the "Baby Boeing" 👍

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Thanks, PM and Will, for appreciating these images of this (lovable) "Baby Boeing"...🙂...

• Like 2