Sign in to follow this  
Corsten

Corsten´s cache & shader removal tool

1 hour ago, JYW said:

But if something states "error" to a user, they're never going to be fine with it.

Corsten, I love your GA AI work.  It's amazing.  But I think your work here needs more time to perfect.  I ran the MSFS Cache Cleaner (MSFS Store) and it worked fine.   But the Nvidia cache tool generated error messages - even with NCP Shader Cache set to Disabled and after a reboot.     Again, in terms of perception, no-one wants to use a tool that generates an error message - even if you tell them it' fine.  👍

Yes there is errors, when you dont have those folders. Not everyone has same cache made than i had. I did also dig up with google, what kind a cache folder there may be and included them also. Better all the options than only the common ones. I may change the phrase for those. Like "folder not found, all clear"

• Like 2

Hello, i have downloaded this tool and its wonderfull.

Now MSFS more smooth!

thanks!!!

1 hour ago, Corsten said:

I may change the phrase for those. Like "folder not found, all clear"

That sounds like a great idea.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hello,

after execute the .vbs, i et the message: could not find config file.

Can you give me a tip?!

Regards Joachim

Regards Joachim

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Prisco said:

Hello,

after execute the .vbs, i et the message: could not find config file.

Can you give me a tip?!

Regards Joachim

So it did not find usercfg.opt. Do you know where it should be?

Edited by Corsten

Hey Corsten,

thanks for replay.

The usercfg.opt is in

C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Regards Joachim

1 hour ago, Bond said:

On AMD I have those cache folders....

spacer.png

D9 cache? DirectX9? Ok, i will ad those also.

Posted (edited)

@Corsten  Thanks for the tool. Working perfectly for me.  I had another tool which did some of the same things but I prefer yours. I like that it provides feedback on what it has removed.

Edited by mobeans10

1 hour ago, mobeans10 said:

@Corsten  Thanks for the tool. Working perfectly for me.  I had another tool which did some of the same things but I prefer yours. I like that it provides feedback on what it has removed.

I will make it better, with better feedback of script process. I have just priority to fix gamod models to be outside of msfs taxi path bug.

Stay tuned.

• Like 1

I just used this mod and it worked well for me.  Absolutely smoother in MSFS.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

I have updated the scripts. I need some feedback before i do official update on this.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-LSUn-ruMdUpzdI96Cx_4-Jvgi_QULWa/view?usp=sharing

Changelog:

- There is 4 different scripts for 4 different ecosystems: Steam MSFS cache, Store MSFS cache, Nvidia Shader cache, AMD shader cache

- edited pop up windows text, no more error´s. Only feedback of the process.

- removed reading usercfg.opt from MSFS cache scripts. It didnt just work, because packages can be elsewhere, but cache folder are allways in same locations.

Cache locations included in these scripts:

Nvidia Shader Cache locations:
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\D3DSCache
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\GLCache
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\shadercache\
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\NVIDIA\ComputeCache
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion\DXCache
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion\GLCache

AMD Shader Cache locations:
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AMD\DxCache
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AMD\DX9Cache
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AMD\DxcCache
- C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\AMD\OglCache

Steam MSFS cache locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\cache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\cache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryCache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\DCE

Store MSFS cache locations:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryCache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\cache
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\DCE

Posted (edited)

Useful scripts. What if i have steam installed on another drive? Can i edit scripts in e.g. notepad to change paths to mine?

Edited by brosss

Regards, Bartek Staniszewski

33 minutes ago, brosss said:

Useful scripts. What if i have steam installed on another drive? Can i edit scripts in e.g. notepad to change paths to mine?

Sure!

1) Find this entry from row 30: ' Move shader cache folders to the 'NVIDIA_SHADERS_REMOVED_DATE' folder
2) Under that is listed all the locations script is seeking
3) copy line:  MoveFolderAndContents "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\shadercache", cacheRemovedFolder & "\Steam_shadercache"  to the bottom of that list, so last 2 entries  would be:

MoveFolderAndContents "C:\Users\" & strUsername & "\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion\GLCache", cacheRemovedFolder & "\NVIDIA_GLCache"
MoveFolderAndContents "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\shadercache", cacheRemovedFolder & "\Steam_shadercache"

4) Change your destination to the bottom entry. If you have D:\Steam\steamapps\shadercache  and add "SteamDdrive_shadercache",  it would look like this
MoveFolderAndContents "D:\Steam\steamapps\shadercache", cacheRemovedFolder & "\SteamDdrive_shadercache"

Now it would look (last 2 rows/entries):
MoveFolderAndContents "C:\Users\" & strUsername & "\AppData\LocalLow\NVIDIA\PerDriverVersion\GLCache", cacheRemovedFolder & "\NVIDIA_GLCache"
MoveFolderAndContents "D:\Steam\steamapps\shadercache", cacheRemovedFolder & "\SteamDdrive_shadercache"