Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

MSFS 2020 Community Folder - suddenly empty (Solved)!

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

This morning, I opened my community folder and it is completely empty! All the addon's that I've installed over the past couple of years are no longer there. The sim runs fine, but Fenix, Inibuilds, Black Square, Just Flight, Flysimware, etc... aircraft are not in the sim any longer. I'm assuming any sceneries that I've installed are missing as well.

This is the Premium version of MSFS and I've never participated in any of the betas of the sim. I've searched all the drives on my computer and cannot find the items that were in there. I've checked the recycle bin as well.

I shudder at the thought of having to re-install everything again.

Edited by ndflieger
Add'l info

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Sounds awful!! How on earth does that happen, I wonder <???>. Is this Steam or MS Store?

However - if you *do* have to re-add everything, then do yourself a huge favour by using Addon Linker. You'll be able to place most of your addons in any location *outside of the Community folder*. It's much safer, as the only things that get put in there are symbolic links.

• Like 2

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

MS Store

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Found it!!

When I was going to open it this morning, I must have dragged it into another folder and when I launched MSFS it of course created a new folder which was empty..

Whew, that was a relief!!

Scott Cebula

19 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

Whew, that was a relief!!

Indeed!

My advice on the Linker is still worth investigating, IMHO!

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Managed to do that or delete a few addons that way a few times.  Windows search will normally locate them for me.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

So as usual in these cases: User error.

It's not like folders magically delete themselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Farlis said:

So as usual in these cases: User error.

It's not like folders magically delete themselves.

Windows has sorcery built in 😁 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)