Sign in to follow this  
verbal

Correct Reverb G2 replacement cable

Hi all, a family friend was about to literally throw out their version 1 Reverb G2 out due to some USB error which they found unrecoverable (they really have no patience). I managed to salvage it from them in the hopes of being able to get it running, and after doing a couple of hours research, it seems the cable from the headset to the PC is shot, and the apparent quick fix is to purchase a new cable (version 2 - Omnicept?) which fits the V1, and the aforementioned error is no more.

Can someone confirm that this is the correct replacement cable? 

https://immersive-display.com/en/hp-reverb/704-hp-reverb-g2-headset-cable-v2-6-meters.html

Thanks. 

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

that looks like it.

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

Thanks, now i know where to get one if i ever need one.

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

17 minutes ago, christb said:

that looks like it.

Appreciate the response but that reply doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, especially when cost converts to almost $200 australian dollars. 

If any one else with perhaps the same headset wants to chip in please do. 

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | ViewSonic 27in QHD VA 165Hz Curved | Windows 10 |

MSFS Premium Deluxe | PMDG 737 | PMDG 777 | Horizon 787-9

Marc

Yes - I agree with @christb that it looks like the latest cable.  The little on-off button on the square box is usually the giveaway.

And yes, being one of the few things that seem to commonly fail on the g2, and with HP and MS seemingly abandoning one of best affordble headsets, including spares, then they tend to be as rare as hens teeth.

If you do get one, remember to secure the cable to the back strap with a cable tie to minimise the flexing at the headset connection point, which is a common fail point.

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

On the topic of cables, I have that same V2 cable (came with the Reverb G2 when originally purchased), but would a faulty cable cause overheating issues now 2 years later?

Mario Di Lauro

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tamsini said:

On the topic of cables, I have that same V2 cable (came with the Reverb G2 when originally purchased), but would a faulty cable cause overheating issues now 2 years later?

Not sure overheating has been mentioned...  

...but is that what you are suffering with yours?

Edited by AJZip

Ryzen 7 7700x @5.5GHz; ASUS X670-P Motherboard; nVidia 4080 (factory o/c); 32G 5600MHz DDR5 SDRAM; HP Reverb G2

Although these cables are nicely packaged, the electrical parts do not seem to be of good quality. I'm already on my fourth cable and have a fifth in reserve 🙂

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AJZip said:

Not sure overheating has been mentioned...  

...but is that what you are suffering with yours?

Yes. Terribly annoying so not sure if a new cable would fix it, they're very expensive so I would like to be sure.

Edited by tamsini

Mario Di Lauro

6 hours ago, tamsini said:

Yes. Terribly annoying so not sure if a new cable would fix it, they're very expensive so I would like to be sure.

I'm also not sure, to be honest.  I think the general issue with the cables are a break in signal rather than overheating.  

hey contact HP support the cable that came with the version 1 Reverb G2 had issues and HP was replacing them free of charge. All i had to do was supply the serial number , I did not have the receipt as I purchased it second hand of FB market place. Only took 1 week to get it delivered to Brisbane. But I don't know if they are still doing it and I think there might have been a cut off period < i got my one over a year ago as a spare in-case it stopped working. Have not needed it so far

Jason Richards