I run a beefy system (as per specs)  and at present am using TAA mode in VR... with all the talk about the OXRT was wondering if there was in fact any additional benefits it would provide if i used it?

Thoughts?

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

It's certainly not needed and the fewer components you have in the chain, the better imho. Having said that, I use the toolkit and do recommend it for a few reasons such as overriding the resolution, fixed foveated rendering, reducing the FOV a little and some colour tweaks.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Posted (edited)

Must-have for me. The colour and image adjustments transformed the image quality of my Pico. 

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

It's at least needed to adjust the IPD in game (which might be different from the physical IPD adjustment in your headset).

11 minutes ago, Daube said:

It's at least needed to adjust the IPD in game (which might be different from the physical IPD adjustment in your headset).

Isn't this what the World Scale option in MSFS does?

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

I guess yes, to some extend, but I'm not sure.

The thing is, the world scale setting slider shows only a percentage and not a distance in millimeters, contrary to OpenXR toolkit.

21 hours ago, Daube said:

Where are the settings for IPD & FOV in the Toolkit?

14 minutes ago, hangar said:

Where are the settings for IPD & FOV in the Toolkit?

The IPD is actually the world scale setting under the Appearance tab. FOV is found under the System tab.

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/features

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/other-features.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Donka said:

The IPD is actually the world scale setting under the Appearance tab. FOV is found under the System tab.

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/features

https://mbucchia.github.io/OpenXR-Toolkit/other-features.html

Thanks, I guess I missed the fov!

Not sure I'd fool with the ICD, since I can't wrap my head around how a software adjustment could in any way make your vision clearer and more relaxed for your eyes (as with true IPD adjusted hardware). My eyes have felt better since switching to the Q3. My IPD is 72 and the max ipd in Q3 is about 71 so this is alot closer than where I was before in the Q2, at 68, which felt pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, hangar said:

Thanks, I guess I missed the fov!

Not sure I'd fool with the ICD, since I can't wrap my head around how a software adjustment could in any way make your vision clearer and more relaxed for your eyes (as with true IPD adjusted hardware). My eyes have felt better since switching to the Q3. My IPD is 72 and the max ipd in Q3 is about 71 so this is alot closer than where I was before in the Q2, at 68, which felt pretty bad.

It's simple: for example, if your real eyes are 65mm away from each other, but the right and left cameras are only 60mm away from each other, you'll get wrong scale for the world in the sim. Everything will appear too big or too small, and too far or too close, or something like that. Both have to match, if you want to see things at the correct 1:1 scale in the sim. At least that's my understanding of stereoscopic vision.

Regardless of the power of your system, OpenXR Toolkit does have many features you can still benefit from regardless of of performance specific ones.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Well, i tried it and am using the sharpening to 100% which makes things very clear in the cockpit... with TAA as AA..

So far i like it and its not degrading my system in anyway so will keep it for now...

Thanks for this input chaps!

• Upvote 1

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug