Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

Belgian Red Devils A320 - Melbourne to Sydney...

Posted (edited)

OK, first of all, I have to admit I cannot resist the red color in an aircraft repaint...🙂...the redder the better...So, for this post, I'm piloting an eye-catching, red-colored plane for the Belgium National Football Team (to the U.S. folks, this is not Football but Soccer...🙂...), travelling in the Country Down Under for a match with the local team.

In this leg of my journey, I am flying the A320 between Melbourne (YMML) and Sydney (YSSY). Some of the Team members were inquiring of yours truly, the (virtual) Pilot-In-Command, if Australia has any mountains. Being a lifelong mountain lover, I responded, "Sure, it has, and, in fact, it's pure coincidence that the Snowy Mountains range of the Australian Alps is directly on our flight path to Sydney, including the highest peak of the mainland, Mount Kosciuszko at over 7,000 ft". I also entered in Mount Kosciuszko's Lat/Long co-ordinates (-36.4558970, 148.3635987) into the official "World Map" FlightPlan and uploaded the route into the CDU of the A320, to ensure we will be exactly overflying this mountain....🙂...

Please find 20 pictures, below, from this flight of ours today. BTW, this scenery includes installation of my final (only remaining one till today) World Update for Australia, though the Update has been available via the MSFS Marketplace since a very long time. All I can say is that this Update seems like a wonderful (and importantly free) scenery enhancement that gave me an excellent impression of the unique terrain and landscape features of this segment of the continent, speaking, of course, from a purely (virtual) tourist perspective, never been actually there...

The rolling range of Snowy Mountains (shot #s 8-10) in southeastern New South Wales, that straddle today's terrain route between Melbourne and Sydney are seen in shot #s 8-10. I was pre-informed that Mount Kosciuszko is typically snow covered during the months of June through October, so, I didn't see snow on top of it today (shot #11), but, nonetheless, the entire cascading range of mountains, leading up to this highest point, provided scenic vistas from the plane flying at low altitude (< 10,000 ft).

Hope you enjoy this collection of pictures from our flight...excusing the sighting of the (roaming) Red Devils A320 in a far-off foreign land...🙂...!

Thanks for viewing...!

uIViOO.png

BGe9df.png

4FPU8c.png

uHxyxW.png

ZNnjuL.png

a0EjIg.png

rceLKy.png

Y43PJb.png

zncqFr.png

Bc76yH.png

DmCjdy.png

f3eO6G.png

jz4rGN.png

6uUmgk.png

ervN0w.png

72XeAH.png

K92JXg.png

0CsrAJ.png

G2eVo5.png

5SDxAZ.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 6

As I scrolled down, the shots just kept getting better and better. You've got the knack!

• Like 1

Appreciated the comemnt, John.

The Australia WU is a keeper, for sure.... And the repainter of this livery has nicely brought out the vivid colors of the Belgian Red Devils ...🙂...

Another fine set P_7878 !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Nice shots and  there P_7878. And YSSY at the end, what more do you want....

• Like 1

PC: Ryzen 7 3700x AM4, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB, Storage SSD 3TB, HDD 8TB, USB 8TB, 2 Screens, Win10-64

SIMs: FSX SE, P3d 3.4/4.5/6.1, Xplane11/12, MSFS, Aerofly 4

Really cool, P_7878! Next time you happen to be down under, you ought to do a trip to the Blue Mountains low and slow. It's definitely worth it. Maybe you even have a red livery for a small plane such as the C-152 etc too 🙂🙂

• Like 2

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

On 4/1/2024 at 1:30 AM, pmplayer said:

Another fine set P_7878 !

cheers 😉

Appreciated the comment, pmplayer...!

20 hours ago, andiflyit said:

Nice shots and there P_7878. And YSSY at the end, what more do you want....

Thank you, Andreas. Yes, aptly put... Sydney at the end of it...🙂...to top it all...

12 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Really cool, P_7878! Next time you happen to be down under, you ought to do a trip to the Blue Mountains low and slow. It's definitely worth it. Maybe you even have a red livery for a small plane such as the C-152 etc. too 🙂🙂

Thanks, Bernd. Couldn't resist a visit to the Blue Mountains...🙂...just off the outskirts of Sydney ...Good suggestion...

(Always love cities with mountains so nearby...)...

• Like 1